Dare I say the 'S' word

Konini

Luck for me and my GF, we live out of the city in Mae Rim. Dont seem to notice the haze/smog or whatever lingers in the city/town. But there still is a definite haze up in them thar hills behind us.

Went for a scooter ride around the Sameong Loop a few days ago, great weather until we got passed one of the elephant parks then the skies opened up. GF decided we should carry on to the Proud Poo Fah resort.... got absolutely soaked on the way. I had a raincoat but really needed over trousers however the staff at the resort were great and gave us some towels top help us dry off. Had a good cuppa coffee while the rain clouds dispersed and we were on our way again.

Arriving off the hills and into Hang Dong area the weather was fine, we both dried out quickly whilst on our individual bikes. We didnt see any haze on our way around and it was a very pleasant trip (Apart from the torrential rain). A great if brief escape from the sometimes chaotic traffic of the city.

biggrin.png

Does anyone have any knowledge of whether or not a humidifier helps to alleviate this situation? (Smog.)

It seems when I get a cold or something in this type of whether, I have a difficult time fighting the cold as I have a problem with dust, and it weakens my immune system.

Any advice?

Does anyone have any knowledge of whether or not a humidifier helps to alleviate this situation? (Smog.)

It seems when I get a cold or something in this type of whether, I have a difficult time fighting the cold as I have a problem with dust, and it weakens my immune system.

Any advice?

What you are looking for is an air purifier. The pinned topic a member mentions iQair. Might do a search through that topic for purifier or filters.

Any advice?

What you are looking for is an air purifier. The pinned topic a member mentions iQair. Might do a search through that topic for purifier or filters.

to the best of my knowledge they are at Robinson and Siam probably many other places also.

The best one to get would have a hepa filter in it and they are not cheap. But they are the best.