Moving out of a decent Studio next week

I have to move out of a Studio condo at Ideo Mix in Udom Suk, Bangkok because we no longer need it. My lease doesn't run out until April next year but the landlord is a decent lady and will return my deposit if she can get someone in pretty quickly.

Ideo Mix is a real nice condo and I particularly liked the two gym's and pools on the roof. I also hammered the True Gold package in reception during my stay. The Studio Internet and Knowledge TV package with True runs until April, so I'd be willing to do a great deal on that if anyone is interested. Rent is 10K per month and it's literally 10 metres to the steps of the BTS.

PM me if you are interested in viewing it this weekend as I'm probably going to hand the keys over some time next week.

Edited by DumbFalang

Considering we are in Thailand where maintenance is an alien concept, I think the management of the building is pretty good. Reception is currently like new again as they have just recovered the couches and put in a new floor. It's always very clean, quiet and air conditioned. The pools and gyms are well maintained. Not like a 5 start hotel - but good enough.

Security is very good and there are guards everywhere. Your swipe card can only get you to reception, the roof and your own floor.

I'd say it's only ever 50% occupied, so there are never too many people around. I've had no problem with any of the tenants and never seen nor heard any disturbances. There are plenty of foreigners - probably around 40%.

It's location is it's strongest point for me. Only 10 metres walk to the BTS, 30 metres to the free Mega BangNa shuttle bus and straight into the market and food stalls at the rear exit into Udom Suk Road. I live in Chon Buri, so the drive in and out is a breeze.

Down sides if you wanted to buy: There is noticeable damp around the bathroom of many units and the thought of approaching management to get it fixed in a 3 year old complex is a perfect example of why I would never buy a condo in Thailand. Not a big deal if you are renting.

Pop in one weekend and I'm sure someone will show you around. Everyone is pretty laid back. They only have Studios and one bedroom units, so if you are looking for two bedrooms, you'll have to cross the road and go to Idea Blue Cove.

• Like 1

ย 

Considering we are in Thailand where maintenance is an alien concept, I think the management of the building is pretty good. Reception is currently like new again as they have just recovered the couches and put in a new floor. It's always very clean, quiet and air conditioned. The pools and gyms are well maintained. Not like a 5 start hotel - but good enough.

Security is very good and there are guards everywhere. Your swipe card can only get you to reception, the roof and your own floor.

I'd say it's only ever 50% occupied, so there are never too many people around. I've had no problem with any of the tenants and never seen nor heard any disturbances. There are plenty of foreigners - probably around 40%.

It's location is it's strongest point for me. Only 10 metres walk to the BTS, 30 metres to the free Mega BangNa shuttle bus and straight into the market and food stalls at the rear exit into Udom Suk Road. I live in Chon Buri, so the drive in and out is a breeze.

Down sides if you wanted to buy: There is noticeable damp around the bathroom of many units and the thought of approaching management to get it fixed in a 3 year old complex is a perfect example of why I would never buy a condo in Thailand. Not a big deal if you are renting.

Pop in one weekend and I'm sure someone will show you around. Everyone is pretty laid back. They only have Studios and one bedroom units, so if you are looking for two bedrooms, you'll have to cross the road and go to Idea Blue Cove.

ย 

Not sure why you think maintenance is an alien concept in Thailand. Every condo I've lived in here has been well maintained. In fact, much better than the places I lived in in London. Also don't understand why it's not simple to get something fixed. I've always had things fixed quickly, usually the same day. Seems like you're complaining about maintenance in Thailand, but at the same time saying your building is in fact well maintained. Also complaining about the damp, but not bothering getting it fixed. All sounds a bit bizarre. It's almost like you want things to be difficult.

ย 

ย 

Not sure why you think maintenance is an alien concept in Thailand. Every condo I've lived in here has been well maintained. In fact, much better than the places I lived in in London. Also don't understand why it's not simple to get something fixed. I've always had things fixed quickly, usually the same day. Seems like you're complaining about maintenance in Thailand, but at the same time saying your building is in fact well maintained. Also complaining about the damp, but not bothering getting it fixed. All sounds a bit bizarre. It's almost like you want things to be difficult.

Yeah, Same for me, never a problem.

Fix inside a few hours, 1 time they told me, The guy fixing things was driving back home for the day, if it was okay to wait for tomorrow morning 08:30. Or they call him back right away.

As it was a "small" problem, i say no problem.

08:30 next morning the guys was at my door, ready to fix it.

Hey you're looking to get your deposit back and therefore looking for a renters in a short time delay.

In that matter, why don't you:

- Post some pictures!

- Provide basic details about surface size; AC; kitchen; furnished; floor and view

- What kind of Internet connection is available: private ADSL or shared hotspot/building's wifi?

- Add a Google Maps link (or GPS coordinates)

- Post an ad on classifieds.thaivisa.com and on bahtsold.com

Good luck

• 3 weeks later...

Turns out the owner decided to sell because she was sick of the problems with very high water pressure plus the onset of damp. The tennants next door left after just one month because of the same problems. All in all, you'd probably be better off renting or buying in the idyllic Thailand that DaveJones lives in where evrything is well mantained and not the Thailand that I live in where everything falls apart after a few years laugh.png

Turns out the owner decided to sell because she was sick of the problems with very high water pressure plus the onset of damp. The tennants next door left after just one month because of the same problems. All in all, you'd probably be better off renting or buying in the idyllic Thailand that DaveJones lives in where evrything is well mantained and not the Thailand that I live in where everything falls apart after a few years laugh.png

Good advice. I know how to choose good places.