photo / avatar wont change?

CharlieH

Have made numerous attempts, tried substituting, erasing , reloading, by pc, by tablet, nothing seems to change, the "minutes" to update or publish seems way off left it days previously and several hours on todays attempts. Still nothing moves.

Edited by CharlieH

Try CTRL F5 to clear your cache memory.

Else wait, Thai ISP providers cache on their servers also.

Wait? How many days or weeks would you recommend?

Right now I see this one.

attachicon.gifphoto-109645.jpg,q_r=1381414314.pagespeed.ce.2JTw_Y85KD.jpg

And your point is ?

Thats been there for as long as i can remember, thats the one that wont change!

I for the lifer of me can't figure out how to load a new picture. I don't want to join Gravtar or what ever it is and I would rather just a blank space than that G on it's side. If that is what it is. I see there are a lot of them. I have several pictures I would like to use plus an em con to choose from.

The original picture was a piece of cake. I just opened the picture clicked copy and put it in the pox and clicked paste. Why can progress not make a task simpler. The result is the same.

I for the lifer of me can't figure out how to load a new picture. I don't want to join Gravtar or what ever it is and I would rather just a blank space than that G on it's side. If that is what it is. I see there are a lot of them. I have several pictures I would like to use plus an em con to choose from.

The original picture was a piece of cake. I just opened the picture clicked copy and put it in the pox and clicked paste. Why can progress not make a task simpler. The result is the same.

Go into your profile.

Click edit profile.

Click change photo.

Click use custom photo.

Browse to the one you want.

Click open.

It can take a LONG time for the system of caching used by Thai ISPs to catch up mind sad.png

Thats been there for as long as i can remember, thats the one that wont change!

I see Patrick Stewart, you may wish to remove the 's' word smile.png

Resolved around 5 days ago.........thats why you can see a different avatar to that discussed in this thread.

I've been going round and round with this for a week. Apparently anyone else viewing TVisa can see my new avatar, but I see only the old one. Go figure !facepalm.gif

I've been going round and round with this for a week. Apparently anyone else viewing TVisa can see my new avatar, but I see only the old one. Go figure !facepalm.gif

It's been an issue since the year dot, we don't really know what the cause is but strongly suspect it has a lot to do with the way Thai ISPs cache their data.

Try clearing your browser cache, otherwise just wait, it will resolve itself, eventuality.