Alloy Wheels --> Chromed

teej

Forgive my ignorance if this is a stupid question: If I have regular alloy wheels, is it possible to get them 'chromed?' (Of course, without ruining them). If so, how much would it cost to 'chrome' a set of 20" Alpina rims? Anyone know? Here's a pic of the rim as it stands now:

post-22231-1146132657_thumb.jpg

Thanks,

teej

Forgive my ignorance if this is a stupid question: If I have regular alloy wheels, is it possible to get them 'chromed?' (Of course, without ruining them). If so, how much would it cost to 'chrome' a set of 20" Alpina rims? Anyone know? Here's a pic of the rim as it stands now:

Thanks,

teej

Chrome plating of aluminuim is quite a complex process, you need to go through a 15 step preperation process before you can lay on the chrome. So it is possible, in Thailand probably not unless you have a need for high volume in which case you would set up your own line. In short forget it, it would be cheaper to send your wheel to the US and even then the cost would be more than the intial cost of the wheels.

Thanks for the info, Mate.

Your Welcome cobber (thats the ozzie version of mate)

I thought it was 'digger'? Anyway thanks, man. (the american version)

Edited by teej

Thanks,

teej

I just checked out chroming my alum. wheels on mc and quoted 10,000 per wheel. Chroming here is likely not the same quality as abroad.

post-288-1146157740_thumb.jpg

Thanks,

teej

I just checked out chroming my alum. wheels on mc and quoted 10,000 per wheel. Chroming here is likely not the same quality as abroad.

The chrome here in TH is not very good, i have heard they just chrome it 1 time, not 3 times, i can be wrong. nice Fat Boy