Krabi Vegetarian Festival 2013 - Warning, graphic images

angiud

I love how the images shakes the world we have been teached to live in. These are documentary pictures how people who have learned to respect their own kind of rules, shake their own world.

Every one of us, who think these images are shocking, are just kids, on a crash course to understanding how the life can be seen here.

I'm also wondering of the background of the blooded girl. What is her story and what did happen after tonight.

Great pictures Angiud . There is something disconcerting seeing blood and perceived violence to the human body in almost posed studio quality pictures . Violence is usually fleeting and the camera generally only glimpses it in less than perfect conditions . They are a bit of a mind <deleted> to western sensibilities .

Wonderful pictures, Richard.

I notice the difference between Phuket and Krabi where the first the blood is almost absent while in Krabi there is a lot of it.

I have omitted to post many pictures where the believers use to cut the head or the tongue with several shaving blades or sharp knifes...

The obsessive rhythmic of the drums, the songs, the millions of firecrackers fired start to alter my perceptions and my state of consciousness. Sort of what happen during a rave, also if you don't take any substance. Was at the same time amazing and a bit creepy...

After a couple of hours, with the procession not finish yet, I was completely exhausted

All the shots were taken with Canon 6D and Canon 300mm f4 (a few with Canon 24/105) at ISO 800 with very fast speed settings and very low f settings to keep the background as blurred as possible.

I missed a good 80-200 f2.8 zoom, probably the best for this kind of photography.

• Like 1

I guess when there is money to be made it's ok to exploit mentally disturbed people in the name of a supposed religious festival.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

This post should be deleted, for the lack of respect the member show for a serious and very important Chinese religious event.

There is nothing about make money on this event, almost no tourists, and nobody was 'mentally disturbed'.

Personally I don't like this kind of activities, present also in the Catholic Italy and Spain during the Easter Week, where penitents hurt themselves to atone for their sins or to commemorate the crucifixion of Christ. But I learned to respect any religion, however different from my culture and my beliefs

• Like 2

I guess when there is money to be made it's ok to exploit mentally disturbed people in the name of a supposed religious festival.

This post should be deleted, for the lack of respect the member show for a serious and very important Chinese religious event.

There is nothing about make money on this event, almost no tourists, and nobody was 'mentally disturbed'.

Personally I don't like this kind of activities, present also in the Catholic Italy and Spain during the Easter Week, where penitents hurt themselves to atone for their sins or to commemorate the crucifixion of Christ. But I learned to respect any religion, however different from my culture and my beliefs

Self mutilation at the Christian festivals is also a sad twisting of religious beliefs.

I respect peoples rights to follow a religion. What I do not respect is the exploitation of deluded followers by those in postions of power.

Anyone who slices up their tongue with a scimitar or skewers their face or body has issues simple as that.

going into the temple where they get psyched out before they Pierce their skin one can feel the rhythmic beat and the atmosphere is amazing.

Anguid; figured ur were shot with a long lens and small aperature, I like to get close, ( love my 18-200 nikor)

Love some of urs thou. Seems Krabi is much more bloody than Phuket