Amazon.com Computer Books - Shipped from US to Thailand. Taxable?

ihightower

Hi, I have ordered 10 Computer Books (php, javascript, etc.) worth THB10,250 + Standard Shipping THB1,850 = THB12,100. Shipped to my Condo Address.

Will these books be taxed?

If no, all is good.

If yes, roughly how much will be the tax amount? How can the tax be avoided?

I have already made the order.. and pending shipping by Amazon.

--

Please post your experiences. I am using Standard Shipping to a Bangkok Condo Address.

Thank you.

Edited by ihightower

I forgot to add do not include anything other than books in the package. Goods are taxed at the rate of the highest tax item in the package so if you have say a tshirt you will be taxed at that rate plus gst. ( clothes are one of the highest rates) Something to remember if you use freight forwarders to consolidate packages.

I forgot to add do not include anything other than books in the package. Goods are taxed at the rate of the highest tax item in the package so if you have say a tshirt you will be taxed at that rate plus gst. ( clothes are one of the highest rates) Something to remember if you use freight forwarders to consolidate packages.

Only Books... 10 of them... and it should come from Thailand Post... (standard shipping).

What should I do.. for precaution.. if in case they ask to pay for Tax... and how can I excuse out of it.

It is all new and shipped by Amazon itself.

Please advise.

And, yes I have experience paying tax shipped for 2 Jeans.. from ebay. (17jan2008) received in 4 days thru dhl.

2 Jeans @USD29.99 each + Shipping USD29 = Total USD88.98
Paid Duty for THB 2099 (USD62.12). It is absurd. It was shipped thru DHL.. and since then I never ship anything here... Now this time books.
Edited by ihightower