"Rush"

infinity11

Catch Gravity too and in this case, the 3D is vital.

agreed-Gravity is a ground breaking film in terms of technology and film making and I thought a damn good thriller.

The 3d effects in a big cinema made space seem even larger and more foreboding, actually spreading beyond the screen.

Great entertainment.

Catch Gravity too and in this case, the 3D is vital.

Jin - I am going to see this on at wednesday at the avenue. Are all the showings in 3D as standard or is it just some of the showings...I assume they give you your 3D glasses at the desk?

Avenue will be only in their 3D theater. There you need to BUY the glasses now for extra cost. The next 3D movie you see there you can bring the glasses and not pay again for them.

The preview for gravity sucks big time.

I need a better reason to see it.

Come to think of it the preview for rush was not very compelling either, but when i saw that ron howard directed it i knew it was a must see, his work is usually fine.

Edited by infinity11

Rush is a really good movies as are most of Ron Howard's.

The characters were well played, but the story moved on too fast (which it had to). There was a lot of history between Hunt and Lauda, which didn't come across as I expected.

Come to think of it the preview for rush was not very compelling either, but when i saw that ron howard directed it i knew it was a must see, his work is usually fine.

You might be the one person who wouldn't like it ... coffee1.gif

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/gravity_2013/

Previews, Smeeviews

I hate 'em as they generally show the only good part of a movie ,

give away the conclusion or, as in this movie , are pointlessly misleading. .

The film is a masterpiece. It is also possibly the first good Sandra Bullock movie biggrin.png

Come to think of it the preview for rush was not very compelling either, but when i saw that ron howard directed it i knew it was a must see, his work is usually fine. I I

• Like 1

OK guys, i am convinced, where can i see gravity in 3D with an English soundtrack?

thank you

It seems to be on in 3D at Major Cineplex in The Avenue. SF in Central appear not to have it in 3D, at least acc. their website. They do have the Smurfs in 3D though.....

• Like 1

If a preview can not entice me to see a movie, then it has failed its purpose completely.

But perhaps there are better measures, as i have seen at least three movies here where the preview looked awful but the movie was well worth it. This time the director pulled me in. As Dejango unchained did.

Expectation plays big a part , paying money and going to a theater, i expect more, see it at home on vid or tv for free, much less. Some flicks are better at home, most are, however the really good ones need to be seen on the BIG screen, and more than once!

A lot like life, the less expectations, the less disappointments and pleasant surprises.

Is the movie Gravity at the Avenue the same as we are talking about here. I check the details on movieseer and it seems to be a completely different movie.

Yes they make that mistake sometimes. It's pretty funny. The Gravity movie at the Avenue is indeed to current movie in the trailer. The times of showings are also accurate. Just ignore their mistaken description of the movie.

Parody clip of Gravity:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2457336/SNL-mocks-government-shutdown-Gravity-skit.html?ito=feeds-videoxml

Edited by Jingthing

By george jing you must be right!

Rotten tomatoes . com tends to overrate films while imbd tends to under rate them and imbd gives it an 8.7!

rarely do i come across 8 and above on imbd:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1454468/

must see it is then, thanks!

unstoppable was quite good as was michal jacksons this is it

the great ones are few and far between

i might go see rush again, take a friend to see it

I will go out on a limb and predict Gravity will win best film, best actor, best director and best Sfx at next academy awards- not that the academy get it right all the time ( eg how did Hurt Locker beat Avatar for best film?)