Bangkok Governor Sukhumbhand accused of aiding protestors

webfact

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My moo ban is essentially a very Red Shirt area... They don't love the Democrats by any measure of the stick, but they did vote in favour of Sukhumband in the last mayoral election. PTP has a majority in the house, but it no longer has the popular support of the people.

• Like 2

It seems as if you are trifle paranoid fab4, any reason for that one asks?

Perhaps you got out of bed on the wrong side today did you or is the duty of protecting the puppet master becoming a bit too taxing for you.

I was asking in an oblique manner so that those of you that are implying that I am employed in some way by a third party to write posts on this forum might want to think about that before flaming even further.

Edited by fab4

He wasn't so amenable in 2009. However, back to the present day, there is a certain point to be made that when one or two major groups of anti government protesters have been persuaded to go back to Lumpini Park that a responsible Mayor of Bangkok would provide the facilities there rather than an area that had been chosen at the last moment precisely because it wasn't in an area covered by the ISA.

ie Do not encourage more potential flashpoints then there already are. Remember the Peoples Army calling on the students to join them in Lumpini Park?

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Students-ready-to-join-Peoples-Army-ralliesThaikor-30212660.html

Well they're here now and it isn't at Lumpini

Would you prefer it at Ratchaprasong?

Not up to me. It just seems strange to me if you have originally arranged to negotiate a demonstration area like Lumpini why then go and encourage other demonstration sites around the city?

Why not?

Perhaps you got out of bed on the wrong side today did you or is the duty of protecting the puppet master becoming a bit too taxing for you.

I was asking in an oblique manner so that those of you that are implying that I am employed in some way by a third party to write posts on this forum might want to think about that before flaming even further.

What's with the 'oblique manner' bit.

You come across as what you just described yourself, quite strongly. Expect reactions.

• Like 2

w00t.gif

taxing......love it ..well i thought it was funny.....

• Like 1

PTP always whining about something or another.

And if he is helping the protestors, so what? They're exercising their right to protest and unlike the red idiots, they're neither threatening anyone nor breaking any laws.

"And if he is helping the protestors, so what"

Do you honestly see nothing wrong with the Mayor of Bangkok supporting anti government supporters (basically abusing public funds)? <deleted>.

So what's wrong according to you in providing public toilettes? Be glad that the city will be abstained from excrement.All these criticism on the governor is a non-topic. Prompong Nopparit is wasting tax payers money being in office.

• Like 1

Mr. Prompong further denounced M.R. Sukhumbhand for using the people’s tax money for carrying out the scheme.

At least it is being spent on some of the tax payers.

But does this mean we can denounce this government for spending a percentage of scam monies on themselves, Or that they issued a passport to a wanted criminal!!!!!

Do you honestly see nothing wrong with the Mayor of Bangkok supporting anti government supporters (basically abusing public funds)? <deleted>.

By the same token can you, do you condone the rampant corruption that is being conducted by this government under the orders of their criminally convicted bail jumping renegade puppet master ?

It would help if you learn how to use the quote function to include the user name so that people can answer any posts. It's not hard.

If I could even begin to think of a link between a person elected to a non political post supporting an anti government group by misusing government property (not to mention the professional and ethical minefield he has just entered) and alleged corruption (much alleged, never any evidence shown) of the present government under (ranting removed) then I would discuss it with you.

There isn't and therefore I won't.

In the democracy we know as Thailand, people have the constitutional right to demonstrate. The governor of Bangkok is merely doing his job by seeing that said demonstrators are provided with portable toilets.

Being a responsible governor, even though of the Democrat persuasion, he would provide the same for "Red Shirt" or PTP demonstrators (and did in 2011).

He is not demonstrating political bias but sound management of the city and that area. In other words, he is doing his job.

Mr Prompong Noparrot is merely proving the old saying " it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool"....etc.

The governor of Bangkok is merely doing his job by seeing that said peacefull demonstrators are provided with portable toilets.

PTP always whining about something or another.

And if he is helping the protestors, so what? They're exercising their right to protest and unlike the red idiots, they're neither threatening anyone nor breaking any laws.

"And if he is helping the protestors, so what"

Well - it is their right to protest, so it doesn't matter if they are pro or anti govt protesters.

The Red shirts get the same thing too. So there's no bias.

During red protest in 2010 I can see from BTS they are shower in the center of Bangkok city which sad view to look at and now if provide more lighting what's the problems as they being bomb as proper lighting mean more safety for the people

, As the flood the governor handed 5,000 Thb to Bangkok resident and the government having that problems for long time to solved.

As Thai people says " Lao pen Kun Thai duai kan " What is problems aiding as protestors also Thai?

• Like 2

Hmmm... Thailand is clearly more civilised than some other countries: a city administration providing electricity and sanitation services (funded by tax-payers) to protesters who may not have sought the necessary approval for their demonstration (according to the head of police). From what I recall of the Occupy protests in North America some time back, those folks did not receive the same kind of benefits from the public purse. In fact, in some cases, clean-up was achieved via water canon, tear gas, and truncheon. For once I get to say: "TiT"...

sarcasm off/

My personal opinion is that sanitation facilities should be provided as a matter of public health, but tax-payer money should not be spent on providing electricity to protesters.

• Like 1

By the same token can you, do you condone the rampant corruption that is being conducted by this government under the orders of their criminally convicted bail jumping renegade puppet master ?

It would help if you learn how to use the quote function to include the user name so that people can answer any posts. It's not hard.

If I could even begin to think of a link between a person elected to a non political post supporting an anti government group by misusing government property (not to mention the professional and ethical minefield he has just entered) and alleged corruption (much alleged, never any evidence shown) of the present government under (ranting removed) then I would discuss it with you.

Its taking a long time to get those blinkers off!! Perhaps they have been super-glued to your face.

'alleged corruption'!!! you must be kidding!!! - do you honestly believe that it doesn't go on? I think that you must be trolling or cannot see beyond the end of your nose with this nonsense posting!! I suppose you still think that the earth is flat.

• Like 1

Its taking a long time to get those blinkers off!! Perhaps they have been super-glued to your face.

'alleged corruption'!!! you must be kidding!!! - do you honestly believe that it doesn't go on? I think that you must be trolling or cannot see beyond the end of your nose with this nonsense posting!! I suppose you still think that the earth is flat.

I was replying to this phrase from Siampolee

"do you condone the rampant corruption that is being conducted by this government under the orders of their criminally convicted bail jumping renegade puppet master'

After translating the strident hyperbole, I found he was trying to compare the Mayor of Bangkoks actions with corruption by the government. I pointed out that there was no link between the two.

I used the word 'alleged' because I am careful not to make unsubstantiated allegations unlike many others on this board. If you bandy allegations of corruption about, be specific and be sure of your facts.

That does not mean that I am in denial that corruption at government level exists, we read about it every day, but am I personally aware of all the details, No, and nor are you or Siampolee.

Edited by fab4
  • Like 1