Any one using Gerson Therapy daily? Is it useful in your opinion?

jiangaq

I think that there's a Gerson clinic in Chiang Dao. Testimonials about it have been posted before on ThaiVisa.

I fail to find the post in the forum, could you show me please ?

I can't find it either. As I recall, it was part of a larger thread about cancer treatments in general and that at least one proponent and at least one detractor of Gerson spoke up.

I suffer from Pca and I did consider Gerson but after a lot of research I decided that it was just another money making business hardly creditable. I had radiation and it seems to have worked out well

Not a scientifically valid approach, for sure. And if it leads you to forego mainstream medical care, it could be seriously harmful. The therapy has been evaluated numerous times and found to have no validity. See below.

" In 1947, the National Cancer Institute (NCI) reviewed ten cases selected by Dr. Gerson and found his report unconvincing. That same year, a committee appointed by the New York County Medical Society reviewed records of 86 patients, examined ten patients, and found no evidence that the Gerson method had value in treating cancer. An NCI analysis of Dr. Gerson’s book A Cancer Therapy: Results of Fifty Cases concluded in 1959 that most of the cases failed to meet the criteria (such as histologic verification of cancer) for proper evaluation of a cancer case [. A recent review of the Gerson treatment rationale concluded: (a) the “poisons” Gerson claimed to be present in processed foods have never been identified, (B) frequent coffee enemas have never been shown to mobilize and remove poisons from the liver and intestines of cancer patients, © there is no evidence that any such poisons are related to the onset of cancer, (d) there is no evidence that a “healing” inflammatory reaction exists that can seek out and kill cancer cells"

"Charlotte Gerson claims that treatment at the clinic has produced high cure rates for many cancers. In 1986, however, investigators learned that patients were not monitored after they left the facility . Although clinic personnel later said they would follow their patients systematically, there is no published evidence that they have done so. A naturopath who visited the Gerson Clinic in 1983 was able to track 21 patients over a 5-year period (or until death) through annual letters or phone calls. At the 5-year mark, only one was still alive (but not cancer-free); the rest had succumbed to their cancer ."

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-not-so-beautiful-untruth-about-the-gerson-therapy-and-cancer-quackery/

• Like 2

I think that there's a Gerson clinic in Chiang Dao. Testimonials about it have been posted before on ThaiVisa.

I fail to find the post in the forum, could you show me please ?

I can't find it either. As I recall, it was part of a larger thread about cancer treatments in general and that at least one proponent and at least one detractor of Gerson spoke up.

Finally found it. That thread started out with someone inquiring about radiation treatment for cancer but quickly degenerated into a debate over the efficacy of alternative medicine vs science-based medicine. It is here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/605971-radiation-treatments-for-cancer

Edited by AngelsLariat
  • Like 1

Sawasdee Khup, Khun Jiangaq,

I sincerely hope you do not have cancer, but if you do, or if you think you do, but are not sure, please, don't "mess around:" go to a hospital like Maharaj (also known as Suan Dok Hospital), and see an oncologist.

I was treated for lower-tongue cancer at Maharaj several years ago, with excellent results (no recurrence). Dr. Loavicharn (aka Mor Vicharn) is probably the number one radiation oncologist in Thailand, and is head of the Maharaj Radiation Oncology Clinic. He's trained and board-certified in the U.S.

to your health, ~o:37;

Thanks for your great advice! Hope everything is good to you.

The Gerson place in Chiang Dao isn't operating as far as I know.
I think it was basically an organic farm run by a young guy with cancer who was doing the Gerson Therapy, but could help others as well. I think he's opened an English teaching school in Cambodia now.

Healing begins on a cellular level and Gerson Therapy is one of many natural treatments that boost a sick body's own healing power,so in answer to your question I would say that it is very,very useful.

There are lots of testimonials on the web.
Here's some info from Dr Patrick Vickers at Gerson Centre in Mexico

• Like 1

These sort of diet regimes do not come without cost. For example the Gerson diet recommends 13 glasses a day of raw carrot juice a day (among other things). This will provide over 4 times the safe level of carotenoids and therefore heavily exceeding the safe dose limit for vitamin A.

People have died from this.

As noted before, if you have cancer first and foremost you need to see an oncologist

These sort of diet regimes do not come without cost. For example the Gerson diet recommends 13 glasses a day of raw carrot juice a day (among other things). This will provide over 4 times the safe level of carotenoids and therefore heavily exceeding the safe dose limit for vitamin A.

People have died from this.

Nonsense. It is not possible to overdose on vitamin A from plant sources.The most that will happen is your skin might get an harmless orange tint.

• Like 1