Adsl Availability In Pattaya / Jomtien

sillyfools

Hi all,

Because it is very difficult to get relevant information from most big companies such as TOT or CSLox, I hope that users on this forum can come up with a way of keeping each other up to date on what's happening regarding to adsl availability.

- The need for broadband forced me to relocate to another part of Pattaya as a result of TOT telling me that it was available at that address. After changing ownership of the telephone lines, numereous checks and such they told me it was not available, so I had moved for zip.

- I asked TOT to install an additional telephone line in the house. They said it was impossible because they had no more lines available in that region.

- The next day I went to TT&T and they installed me an additional phone line within 2 weeks, furthermore, the quality of the line beat the one of TOT. The TT&T line was 50 Kbps whereas TOT slacked along at sometimes between 20 and 50 kbps.

Because I need broadband I intend to move to another part of the city or Jomtien.

(I have ip star already but for my use this is not suitable, I need to remotely access my office pc in europe and the satelitte position comes with a lag of up to 1 second). That's ok for browsing websites but not for remote maintenance or even teleworking.

Does anybody know (or have credible connections, a friend working at TOT ot TT&T) or something like that, who can tell where exactly adsl is available. Up till now we only hear beach road and 2nd road but if they want to bridge the digital devide, then it's about time to stretch the adsl lines to south pattaya, north pattaya and jomtien. So, anybody has some kind of map with current and future adsl availability?

Also, anyone wrestling with the same problem? I need to have a fast connection 512/256 or 256/128 and more steady then IP STAR. I compared the speed I got at an internet cafe on adsl and my IP STAR connection and the difference was enormous, in favor of adsl. If you're in the same kind of situation, kindly get in touch. Maybe if we get together and think about it for ourselves, maybe we can find a solution.

Best regards,

SF

• 2 weeks later...