Phuket minibus driver blames vehicle for smash [VIDEO]

webfact

Phuket minibus driver blames vehicle for smash
Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- Rescue workers spent an hour just after midnight this morning (October 16) cutting the driver of an Andaman Express Travel minibus out of the vehicle after he crashed into a power pole near the Heroines Monument.

After he was extracted from the vehicle the driver, Meka Thayatham, 37, explained that it was all the fault of his vehicle. He had delivered some passengers to the airport, he said and on the way back “The minibus went out of control on the road. It hit the power pole.”

He was taken to Thalang Hospital.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-minibus-driver-blames-vehicle-for-smash-video-42385.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-10-16

I think that is the power pole fault...

Of course, the power pole was entirely in the wrong place. Silly place to put a power pole.

Well, of course it's got to be the driver's fault. It is unthinkable that any buses belonging to a Thai company get anything but the best possible care and regular maintenance.

• Like 1

No foreigners around to blame?

Nah, he just dropped them off cheesy.gif

But if he hadn't been coerced into taking them to the airport, the accident would never have happened. Appears clear that the passengers and the vehicle are equally to blame.

Edited by marell
  • Like 1

Bloody vans with a mind of their own. I am amazed they didn't interview the van itself, so that it would have pointed out how lucky it was that it hadn't been filled with more passengers.

I trust that the van will extend it's apologies.

Definitely not the van, because there's no pic of a policeman pointing to it.

• Like 1

Working for years with the Hong Kong police traffic division, it was my responsibility to inspect accident affected vehicles as well as the crash scenes. I had one incident involving a tram and a HGV, The tram failed to stop at his tram line red light and ploughed into the HGV, who had the right of way. The tram Driver in court stated that after realising he had run his red light, he did his best to avoid the accident by "swerving his tram"

Can anyone beat that defense ? because the whole court erupted in laughter.

Out of control ?

Well , that's what usually happen when people over speed and dont know how to drive ..... so easy to blame the car .

How about his tire exploded? That's a possible cause right there for a car to spin out of control.

Out of control ?

Well , that's what usually happen when people over speed and dont know how to drive ..... so easy to blame the car .

How about his tire exploded? That's a possible cause right there for a car to spin out of control.

Impossible, that would require some kind of explosive material in the tyre. Air and rubber and steel do not constitute that.

Tyres do explode. It is called a blowout. It happened to me about 1964 driving a semi. I had previously , about 40 miles from the incident had a new tire and inner tube fitted. The reason for the blowout was that they had fitted a cross ply tube into a radial tyre.It was on the rear offside wheel and when it happened It went with a big bang and blew off the rear mudguard.

Out of control ?

Impossible, that would require some kind of explosive material in the tyre. Air and rubber and steel do not constitute that.

Not so.....I had an 'over-inflated' front tyre on a rental bike in Nassau explode many years ago...it put myself and GF on crutches for 6 weeks with 'road-rash' down to the bone......over-inflated tyres + hot roads = more pressure/expansion until........bang ! sad.png