How difficult is it to obtain a US visa for my Thai girlfriend

Wow, thanks everyone again for all the replies!!!

So much information and so much to read and so little time today!!! Ha ha ha!! I'll be busy for the next couple of days for sure!

My GF is not a bar girl nor has she ever been, she's graduating law school soon and has held, until recently 2 jobs while going to school full time. One in government, working in interior design (I know sounds weird) and the other working for her over protective family who she is very close to and I've only now after 2 years been accepted into the fold as it were. This is of course a mute point in this discussion but one that I felt compelled to make...chivalry and everything... Ha ha

Our visit is strictly that...a visit for her to meet my family, see my home and experience a quick burst of the US, then promptly return both of us to Thailand! I'm, hoping of course, that this will not end up costing me a fortune! We are entering into a business, jointly very soon that will be here in Bangkok, at least I think its a business?? Anyway, there will be a certain amount of paperwork involved that I can use per some of the suggestions of large piles of it.

Thanks again for all the great replies and taking the time to read through this!

Cheers

American ? But uses British , such as straight away. Something fishy here.

Ha ha, I was born and raised in Choteau, Montana USA and have been in Thailand for just over 2 years. Whether or not this is a strictly "British" statement, I have no idea but I also don't talk strictly "American" either. I just like the phrase.

There must be a large degree of dishonesty here on this forum due to the doubt of my character but I really am from the states, not something everyone wants to brag about now a days! ha ha! I also use the predominantly Canadian "eh" because I grew up so close to the boarder and would often cross it to fish as well as having many Canadian friends eh! Not because I'm Canadian but because I think it sounds better than the American "huh?"

Cheers

• Like 1

oP you certainly are getting advise here. Some members have there and done that. You may get other posts soon.

Yes, I am getting some great advise and every post is much appreciated! One thing that looks consistent is that I'll have to begin the process sooner rather than later due to the long wait we'll likely be in for! I'll look forward to other replies as well!

Cheers

• Like 1

***My personal opinion regarding the USA and this whole procedure... First off to spend $160 with no guarantee of getting what you have paid for is some racquet if y ou ask me. Must be a great business to accept deposits or payments in full from your customers for services/products but then turn around and say, oh by the way there is no guarantee that I'll show up and do the work/service or send you the product that you have paid for.

Actually, you did your homework and the workers in the Embassy deserve to get paid. It is not a free service, nor should it be, especially for the amount of work that goes into handling the cases. I believe most countries require payment in advance, with no guarantee of approval as well. Thailand charges 1000 baht for each entry and 1800 baht for an extension. A double entry with extensions on each entry (as well as expenses to leave Thailand for each of the entries) would cost more for just six months !!!!

Did they really do anything to deserve and earn the fee charged? Do you know the internal procedures that the Embassy/Consulate does to approve/investigate every single application prior to meeting? Remember, regarding the USA visa, the decision is made at the time of that appointment, so you know before leaving that window. So all work on every application is done prior to the in-person appointment date which is probably why it is 45+ days from the submission of your application. But really, what "work" is actually done on each application? Seriously? Key in a persons name in a database on a computer, while you go to another window and enter the same name in another database and another, taking all but 5 minutes maybe. Really?

Anybody can feed you a line of BS to justify the cost or fee associated with just about anything and make it sound and appear plausible right on down to the wage of the employee or the cost of the electricity to run the US Embassy which are all what used to be considered "the cost of doing business"...However nowadays governments, corporations and companies have gotten away with sliding those costs and fees down to the end-user or customer from charging a fee to pay with a credit card (which in most cases is a violation of Merchant agreements as its called "credit card suppression"), charging you to pay your bill or use a live person. It is us, the customer or consumer these days that are getting the shit end of the stick and we just accept it as thats the way it is. In most cases we have to, like situations like this, however in others, I personally won't stand for it and I make sure that I make good in other ways. It's my money and time.

I am YeaBiGgiEs and I have spoken on this day!

RedQualia gives a good heads up what u need to do. I believe first thing is prove beyond doubt your gf will return home at the end of her visit.

Her looks mean nothing. All cases are judged on their own merit. Good luck and provide everything they ask for and more

Interesting example from guy with disabled friend, no money etc yet was granted hiis visa

Edited by StaffsShot

***My personal opinion regarding the USA and this whole procedure... First off to spend $160 with no guarantee of getting what you have paid for is some racquet if y ou ask me. Must be a great business to accept deposits or payments in full from your customers for services/products but then turn around and say, oh by the way there is no guarantee that I'll show up and do the work/service or send you the product that you have paid for.

Actually, you did your homework and the workers in the Embassy deserve to get paid. It is not a free service, nor should it be, especially for the amount of work that goes into handling the cases. I believe most countries require payment in advance, with no guarantee of approval as well. Thailand charges 1000 baht for each entry and 1800 baht for an extension. A double entry with extensions on each entry (as well as expenses to leave Thailand for each of the entries) would cost more for just six months !!!!

Did they really do anything to deserve and earn the fee charged? Do you know the internal procedures that the Embassy/Consulate does to approve/investigate every single application prior to meeting? Remember, regarding the USA visa, the decision is made at the time of that appointment, so you know before leaving that window. So all work on every application is done prior to the in-person appointment date which is probably why it is 45+ days from the submission of your application. But really, what "work" is actually done on each application? Seriously? Key in a persons name in a database on a computer, while you go to another window and enter the same name in another database and another, taking all but 5 minutes maybe. Really?

Anybody can feed you a line of BS to justify the cost or fee associated with just about anything and make it sound and appear plausible right on down to the wage of the employee or the cost of the electricity to run the US Embassy which are all what used to be considered "the cost of doing business"...However nowadays governments, corporations and companies have gotten away with sliding those costs and fees down to the end-user or customer from charging a fee to pay with a credit card (which in most cases is a violation of Merchant agreements as its called "credit card suppression"), charging you to pay your bill or use a live person. It is us, the customer or consumer these days that are getting the shit end of the stick and we just accept it as thats the way it is. In most cases we have to, like situations like this, however in others, I personally won't stand for it and I make sure that I make good in other ways. It's my money and time.

no reason for this to bother you....you will not get free visas anywere that I know of anyways.

no reason for this to bother you....you will not get free visas anywere that I know of anyways.

Not saying I wanted anything for free. What I don't want is to pay for something that I might not get. Theres a difference.

• Like 1

What a silly and ill-informed rant! I guess that you only go to countries that let you in for free.
Do you know the internal procedures that the Embassy/Consulate does to approve/investigate every single application prior to the meeting?
How do you know that all they do is "Key in a persons name in a database on a computer"?
Recently I paid 2000 baht for a Non-Immigrant O visa at the Thai Embassy in Vientiane, Lao. And right on their website it says; Important Notes: Visa must be paid by CASH in Baht ONLY. Fees are not refundable.
Just for kicks I went to the website for the UK Embassy in Bangkok. Guess what? If they refuse your visa, you don't get your money back either!
"The visa application fee reflects the administrative costs of processing an application. Your visa application fee will not be refunded unless:
--you withdraw your application in writing before any processing takes place; or
--your biometric information has not been taken.
We will not give refunds if we refuse your application, or if we grant a long-term visit visa for less than the period applied for."

I'm sorry to see a lot of mis-information being given here, but then again every ones circumstance and experience may be different than mine as I stated earlier.

Financial ties and the such is nice but it truly is determined on a case by case basis which comes down to the interviewers feeling at that moment on that day. Perhaps he stubbed his toe getting out of bed or just is in a bad mood.. anyone can find a reason for denial for any reason..

My experience was a VISA approved in less than 2 months from application with no money, no job, no property ownership for a 23yo Thai national, who doesn't speak/write english well, physically disabled and just got his 1st passport 2 weeks before the application. Red flags? Many... but it all worked out

Best of luck

• Like 1

What a silly and ill-informed rant! I guess that you only go to countries that let you in for free.
Do you know the internal procedures that the Embassy/Consulate does to approve/investigate every single application prior to the meeting?
How do you know that all they do is "Key in a persons name in a database on a computer"?
Recently I paid 2000 baht for a Non-Immigrant O visa at the Thai Embassy in Vientiane, Lao. And right on their website it says; Important Notes: Visa must be paid by CASH in Baht ONLY. Fees are not refundable.
Just for kicks I went to the website for the UK Embassy in Bangkok. Guess what? If they refuse your visa, you don't get your money back either!
"The visa application fee reflects the administrative costs of processing an application. Your visa application fee will not be refunded unless:
--you withdraw your application in writing before any processing takes place; or
--your biometric information has not been taken.
We will not give refunds if we refuse your application, or if we grant a long-term visit visa for less than the period applied for."

AGAIN, I'm well aware of all that and those disclaimers in writing on the websites. I just think if you were a business and practiced the very same as governments do then you wouldn't be in business for too long. To pay for something that you are not guaranteed to get to me is asinine but you can't fight town hall against this one. Thats all I'm saying. I want nothing for free BUT I want what I pay for. Its an unsteadying feeling to pay for something and sit in limbo twiddling your thumbs waiting and wondering if you've thrown your money away based on the sole decision of another person.

A drivers license.. government issued, you take the test, you jump through their hoops, you pass then you pay and receive your license. End of story. You don't pass their tests and background checks to see if you have had other licenses in other states, infractions etc then you don't get it and you pay nothing for their time and "processing of your application" or using their employees time and equipment.

-OFF TOPIC... but the same Thai whom I secured a USA VISA for, just this past Monday I sent his passport out for a UK Visa as well because while visiting the USA next month I have scheduled a cruise on Royal Caribbean cruise line which one of the stops is BELIZE a UK Territory. Him being a Thai national requires a Visa even though I have no intention of leaving the ship for a "shore excursion" yet we will be in UK waters and apparently they require the documentation or could deny boarding and I couldn't get a str8 answer from anyone on this subject so I went for the gusto and applied for a single entry Tourist Visa to UK...

Although I don't think or believe one is necessary, especially if not leaving the ship. Also UK has 2 "transit" visas which don't fit the criteria as one is Air side and the other is landside... yet nothing for Cruise ships.... all the websites I read stated "with the exception of cruise ships..... buit never indicated what that exception was and why... no str8 answers from anyone.. but whatever..

So we wait in limbo, yes having paid 4000b without a guarantee, just to sit on a cruise shjip in Belize waters for 9 hours

***ON TOPIC I would suggest for the OP to maybe consider not being part of the process at all since she seems to have the credentials, education, money and background to secure it herself without possibly adding more red flags or a fiancee or other possible motives....

Having recently graduated college would be a giant red flag to me as an interviewer of someone who is very capable of running to the USA going AWOL, getting a decent job and never returning along with a the fact of a fiancee...

But again in my case I was given suggestions and advice and I decided to be completely truthful and upfront..

Good Luck

Edited by YeaBiGgiEs

-OFF TOPIC... but the same Thai whom I secured a USA VISA for, just this past Monday I sent his passport out for a UK Visa as well because while visiting the USA next month I have scheduled a cruise on Royal Caribbean cruise line which one of the stops is BELIZE a UK Territory. Him being a Thai national requires a Visa even though I have no intention of leaving the ship for a "shore excursion" yet we will be in UK waters and apparently they require the documentation or could deny boarding and I couldn't get a str8 answer from anyone on this subject so I went for the gusto and applied for a single entry Tourist Visa to UK...

Although I don't think or believe one is necessary, especially if not leaving the ship. Also UK has 2 "transit" visas which don't fit the criteria as one is Air side and the other is landside... yet nothing for Cruise ships.... all the websites I read stated "with the exception of cruise ships..... buit never indicated what that exception was and why... no str8 answers from anyone.. but whatever..

So we wait in limbo, yes having paid 4000b without a guarantee, just to sit on a cruise shjip in Belize waters for 9 hours

***ON TOPIC I would suggest for the OP to maybe consider not being part of the process at all since she seems to have the credentials, education, money and background to secure it herself without possibly adding more red flags or a fiancee or other possible motives....

Having recently graduated college would be a giant red flag to me as an interviewer of someone who is very capable of running to the USA going AWOL, getting a decent job and never returning along with a the fact of a fiancee...

But again in my case I was given suggestions and advice and I decided to be completely truthful and upfront..

Good Luck

The UK can do nothing for you in getting a Belize visa for your friend. Belize is no longer under British rule. They are an independent country.

You need to get a visa from Belize which can be done online.

For the OP - I agree she must not lie. They will most likely catch it if she lies. I had a few friends that worked in the Embassy over the years.

Yes, each case is different and it is a case by case review. Having lots of money is not a guarantee. They will look at the whole picture. As I said in my

previous post my first Girl Friend from Thailand owned a shop,car, condo had 2 kids and owned land and house up north that she bought for her mom.

She was denied even though with all of this she showed strong ties. Issue was I was still living in the USA and they felt that as a risk that she would stay and leave everything behind. Years later I got a 10 year Visa for my girlfriend but I felt that was because we included paper work that I owned a company here and had a work permit. This really helps as if you have to come back for work then they are pretty sure she will be coming back too. Nothing is a guarantee.

Good Luck.. and Please update us when she gets her visa!

15k USD (450,000 baht) in her name, in a Thai bank should do it. Like an above poster said --they want to see FINANCIAL ties to Thailand. That pretty much guarantees a person will go back or their money. The old trick was that if a poor village girl wanted to go to the States, then the whole village would chip in and deposit money in her account--then take it back out later.

Look forward to loads of paperwork. Although Los Angeles has the largest Thai diaspora outside of Thailand--it is still a long wait to get a visa. That's why most of the Thais in the USA are of middle to upper class background. Not many former tuk tuk drivers in LA.

Apply now, and maybe in 10 months to a year she will get a visa. A 2 year wait is not uncommon either.

You have no idea what you are talking about. I have a friend that has over 5 million baht in his account, but he has no job. His family is rich so he dont work.

He was denied a visa.

Good Luck

The UK can do nothing for you in getting a Belize visa for your friend. Belize is no longer under British rule. They are an independent country.

For the OP - I agree she must not lie. They will most likely catch it if she lies. I had a few friends that worked in the Embassy over the years.

Yes, each case is different and it is a case by case review. Having lots of money is not a guarantee. They will look at the whole picture. As I said in my

previous post my first Girl Friend from Thailand owned a shop,car, condo had 2 kids and owned land and house up north that she bought for her mom.

She was denied even though with all of this she showed strong ties. Issue was I was still living in the USA and they felt that as a risk that she would stay and leave everything behind. Years later I got a 10 year Visa for my girlfriend but I felt that was because we included paper work that I owned a company here and had a work permit. This really helps as if you have to come back for work then they are pretty sure she will be coming back too. Nothing is a guarantee.

Well the cruiseline and also the UK consulate and place that took my application at the REGENT HOUSE here in Bangkok accepted the application... Its also on every website that it is still UK

I can only speak about my experience in Bangkok a number of years ago when I decided to obtain a tourist visa for my Thai wife. Although married for a number of years here in Thailand I never had any intend to bring her to the U.S. to live due to the cost of living and I was able to provide far better life for her in Thailand with what I had.

I was still working in the U.S. and soon was to retired and apply for my retirement visa in Thailand. For personal reasons I needed to bring her to the U.S. for a visit so I applied. The first interview I wasn't there and she went with my brother and his wife to apply. My brother was retired in Thailand already and his wife got the visa with no problem as soon as my brother showed he was retired and living in Thailand for a number of years. My wife was turn down flat.

The second interview I was there and understanding the process and knowing from the first interview what they were looking for I came prepared but I was still denied. The problem to them is this...........

I had not made Thailand my home or domicle even though I had documents showing why and was in the process. I was the sole supporter of my Thai wife live, Even though I explain why I didn't apply for a marriage visa etc... the interviewer didn't seem to understand although the facts were clearly explained to her. She indicated that unlike other countries and I understand this with the problems even today with our immigration system and enforcement just isn't there... thus why 9/11?

Many application are for bar girls or former bar girls there is a profile they have... and many are brought to the U.S. to work massage parlor. Once the overstay occurres and the other party has money they can find the process in court for a long time while the offender overstays. I understand their reasons but non of the stuff I was being told apply to me the problem they didn't believe me?

What they are looking for in the end, was proof that Thailand was my domcile, meaning proof it was my home and I had a reason to return after my trip to the U.S. this is the reason why my brother got his visa without a problem.

This is also what they are looking for in your wife or girlfriend. Something here in Thailand that she will return to? So if she is a bar girl or not and have nothing it is most likely she is going to be refused. In your situation if she is going to law school and family has money and property this will greatly help and a passport that she has used in the past to leave Thailand and return!

In the end, in general they are looking for some reasons that will make her return!

In my situation I got denied twice and the more you apply the more black marks you get from what I was told on the side. I was lucky because I knew a Congressional member who was the Foreign Affairs Chair and inteceded on my behalf and I was able to get a Visa.

Today, I'm no longer married and seeing a girl who happens to be a young bar girl. I have no plans to marry her for many reasons but until she brought it up never thought about it but would like to bring her here for a visit? Based on what I said above I know that is impossible and I try to explain the above not sure if she understood?

Good luck,,, regardless... IMHO... after reading your original post and comments you might want to loose the attitude when you go for the interview.. you joke you loose that is just my 2 cents.. if you want it take it seriously.

The key is does she own land,or A business?It's not about you,it's about her.Maybe try A fiancé visa might be A better way to go.

A fiance visa is only viable if they plan on getting married within a specified amount of time.

If she names him as the person she is traveling and staying with then it is about him. He has to show stability, physical and economic ties to Thailand. This is a key reason for her to return to Thailand.

Edited by khwaibah

15k USD (450,000 baht) in her name, in a Thai bank should do it. Like an above poster said --they want to see FINANCIAL ties to Thailand. That pretty much guarantees a person will go back or their money. The old trick was that if a poor village girl wanted to go to the States, then the whole village would chip in and deposit money in her account--then take it back out later.

Look forward to loads of paperwork. Although Los Angeles has the largest Thai diaspora outside of Thailand--it is still a long wait to get a visa. That's why most of the Thais in the USA are of middle to upper class background. Not many former tuk tuk drivers in LA.

Apply now, and maybe in 10 months to a year she will get a visa. A 2 year wait is not uncommon either.

You have no idea what you are talking about. I have a friend that has over 5 million baht in his account, but he has no job. His family is rich so he dont work.

He was denied a visa.

Ummmm...yeah...well, that's just like your opinion man--The Dude.

Did you mean he "doesn't work"? Is Engrish yer furst language?

• 2 weeks later...

He was denied a visa.

Never mind his English skills, he is correct. They really don't care about large sums of money in the bank, I've tried that. It's about the other aspects of life, and if they think she will return to Thailand. Personally when I think

about it, it's a bunch of BS. The consuls have never impressed me (except for when they approved my girlfriend 10 years ago, mainly due to the fact I owned a home in Thailand and they knew we would return). Why be so hard on Thai

girls traveling to USA, or Thai citizens? Why allow Laos to come in much easier? So many thoughts I have about the process, makes me angry. My wife's sister was denied twice, mainly due to their belief she would never return. We

have plenty of money, and she has no desire to live all the time in the USA. They didn't like the fact that she had a child, and that she had no papers for her marriage. They didn't believe her job at the Apartments we own, was justifiable

as a real job (We do pay her a salary every month!). It's discrimination, plain and simple. I hope it changes some day.

Edited by oakweb
  • Like 1

Good Luck

Well the cruiseline and also the UK consulate and place that took my application at the REGENT HOUSE here in Bangkok accepted the application... Its also on every website that it is still UK

Maybe they will forward to Belize, for your sake I hope so, so you don't have an issue. I have a friend from Belize and I know for a fact that they won independence in 1981. I cant recall the date he said when they got their own army maybe 1998 or 2000 something like that. If they were still colonized by Britain, Britain would still have an army there. I'm not trying to give you a hard time just trying to help you so you don't have any issues. I have been on cruises from Fla and see people not being allowed to board because of visa or passport issues. Simple things like just got married and didn't get the name changed on the passport yet. The booking name needs to match the passport exactly. Maybe do a search on Belize government website page and make a few calls. Hope all works out!

He was denied a visa.

Guess you dont know the difference between fact and opinion. Did you see where I said he had 5 million in the bank and was denied a visa?

So this is a fact not an opinion as it really happened. Therefore your 15K USD in the bank guarantee is not true.

Been living in Thailand almost 20 years and never heard of your "old trick". A good portion of this time I have lived and worked in Issan so if this an old trick for poor farmer girls I'm sure I would have heard about it and had people coming to me to borrow money. I have helped several girls in the village we livein apply for visa's for a few countries, some were approved some not.

Also there is no two year wait for a US visa. For a Finance visa once this is approved from Homeland security they applicant has 4 months to get an appointment set at the embassy. This can be extended but only for a few months. Have you ever done a visa application to the USA for a Thai and gone through the process? From what you are saying I think not and you are just posting hearsay.

Didn't know they made you the grammar police.

He was denied a visa.

Guess you dont know the difference between fact and opinion. Did you see where I said he had 5 million in the bank and was denied a visa?

So this is a fact not an opinion as it really happened. Therefore your 15K USD in the bank guarantee is not true.

Been living in Thailand almost 20 years and never heard of your "old trick". A good portion of this time I have lived and worked in Issan so if this an old trick for poor farmer girls I'm sure I would have heard about it and had people coming to me to borrow money. I have helped several girls in the village we livein apply for visa's for a few countries, some were approved some not.

Also there is no two year wait for a US visa. For a Finance visa once this is approved from Homeland security they applicant has 4 months to get an appointment set at the embassy. This can be extended but only for a few months. Have you ever done a visa application to the USA for a Thai and gone through the process? From what you are saying I think not and you are just posting hearsay.

Yeah, I went through it. Once, while sponsoring a Thai boxer to come teach at my gym, and another with a Thai GF. Just because you never heard of the "old trick" doesn't mean people don't do it. In any case, the strange thing seems to be that you have a totally different experieince than many of the Thais I know in the States had. Which either means--there is no concrete answer, or it depends on which immigration officer you talk to.

All i know is what I went through and what the many US Thais I know went through. Who knows why your 5 million guy was denied? I guess in his case money did not matter. For the vast majority of Thais in the US, money or realatives/sponsor is the main factor.

Yeah, I went through it. Once, while sponsoring a Thai boxer to come teach at my gym, and another with a Thai GF. Just because you never heard of the "old trick" doesn't mean people don't do it. In any case, the strange thing seems to be that you have a totally different experieince than many of the Thais I know in the States had. Which either means--there is no concrete answer, or it depends on which immigration officer you talk to.

All i know is what I went through and what the many US Thais I know went through. Who knows why your 5 million guy was denied? I guess in his case money did not matter. For the vast majority of Thais in the US, money or realatives/sponsor is the main factor.

Glad to see you agree there is no concrete answer. Your previous post you said 15K USD will guarantee you a visa. Which I said was BS.

NOTE you were picking on my grammar before take a look at your spelling. Not trying to pick on you just pointing out this is a forum and not school and we don't always have perfect posts so maybe in the future don't criticize posters grammar or spelling as it happens even to native English speakers.

Maybe they will forward to Belize, for your sake I hope so, so you don't have an issue. I have a friend from Belize and I know for a fact that they won independence in 1981. I cant recall the date he said when they got their own army maybe 1998 or 2000 something like that. If they were still colonized by Britain, Britain would still have an army there. I'm not trying to give you a hard time just trying to help you so you don't have any issues. I have been on cruises from Fla and see people not being allowed to board because of visa or passport issues. Simple things like just got married and didn't get the name changed on the passport yet. The booking name needs to match the passport exactly. Maybe do a search on Belize government website page and make a few calls. Hope all works out!

After getting a DENIAL from UK for Belize Visa, I did more extensive research and also mailed the Belize Consulate in Miami, Florida USA and also Belize directly and found that there is an exception for "cruise ship passengers". SO I was misinformed here in Bangkok and spent 4000b for nothing and now have a denial on record for applying for something I didnt need. Apparently it should be common knowledge that of course nobody wanted to share because they would rather me give them money for something I didnt need

I am assuming that she is going on a tourist visa and she will be accompanying you to the states. She will have to show sufficient funds in the bank to finance the trip and probably regular income from a job. If she is a student that may not be possible, but if her family has money, she may be ok financially.

She will also need to show her school status and that she is enrolled and will continue her education.

Basically she will have to overcome the presumption that she will remain in the US.

Best of luck. (By the way, my information is a little bit old, but I worked for the embassy a long time ago).

I went through this about 12 years ago and it was difficult

Scott is spot on in all he tells you.

But to add to it:

It is very important that you convince them that she will return to Thailand, especially being a young female.

Things like,

Property in Thailand owned by her like a house, farms, businesses.

A good job she would want return to.

Family and other responsibilities in Thailand.

All of these help convince them that she will not make a run while in the states.

I also advise that you start the process as soon as possible.

It feels like they try to discourage you by dragging out the process as long as possible.

It took us (myself and my now wife) much longer than we imagined it would to get her visa approved.

Choke Dee

After getting a DENIAL from UK for Belize Visa, I did more extensive research and also mailed the Belize Consulate in Miami, Florida USA and also Belize directly and found that there is an exception for "cruise ship passengers". SO I was misinformed here in Bangkok and spent 4000b for nothing and now have a denial on record for applying for something I didnt need. Apparently it should be common knowledge that of course nobody wanted to share because they would rather me give them money for something I didnt need

Yep, good ole Thailand. Everything is always yes, even when it's no. Glad you got it worked out before you get there and have a problem. There is some rule that cruise ships don't need a visa, but I'm not sure if that applies to citizens of all countries. Hope you have a good trip!

• Like 1

If a single Thai girl has significant amounts of cash in a Thai bank account, that is not necessarily in her favor as it would be readily accessible to her once in the USA via an ATM card should she then decide to go solo.