Re-marriage and a newborn baby

BOOKEMDANO

So a while back myself and my Thai wife got divorced. There were a number of reasons why we arrived at this point in our lives, but a new situation has since occurred (as mentioned in the OP)

Some months afterwards, we met up again, spoke of our differences those many months ago, and through the laughs and occasional tears -aided by a few glasses - ended up in bed. Not much was said the following day (awkwardness), however, 6 weeks later I am told she is now pregnant.

Personally, our situation has brought us much closer together and we seem to get along much better than we once did. But, the fact of the matter is, she is now pregnant and we are divorced.

In terms of the child's legitimacy as me as the father, should I now strongly consider getting re-married? I am not familiar with the Thai system and possible complications of having a child here whilst legally being "unmarried"

You have to options:

1. Marry the mother again.

2. if you don't want to get married, after the child is born you can petition the court to be recognized as the legal father and at the same time apply to be awarded parental rights. If the mother agrees it is a straight forward process, taking a few months.

Talk things over with her and you still have time to consider what to do.

• Like 1