PS4 Pre ORder Bangkok

Bmouthboyo

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know firstly the release date for the PS4 in Thailand? Any idea on costs for Thailand? And if it is possible to pre order it anywhere? If pre order is not availabe where would be the best place to buy one in Bangkok? Any websites recommended?

If it turns out that Thailand are not getting it for a while after the West will it be possible to buy in the UK and have it shipped without being fingered by customs?

Cheers

Edited by Bmouthboyo

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why bother with shipping and customs while you can buy it from MBK and other game shops after it is released?

Just wait a month until prices go down and then you can buy locally.

There is no pre-order as it will not launch officially in Thailand anytime soon.

Is there a Thailand release? I thought all tge models sold here were the Asian model ie HK, China or Japan.

Unless you or a friend hand carry a UK PS4 then you will end up paying 30% + 7% of the total value AND of the shipping (shipping is taxed too!!).

I'm probably gonna wait for the Japanese model to get released in February and be sold here as there's no launch games I'm super excited about and because I'm used to the Japanese controller convention of Circle button being OK and X being Cancel. But if I change my mind I might get a mate to hand carry one from the UK sooner.

If you want an EU model then you will able to buy units from MBK that have been hand carried soon after the launch but stock will be very short for a while and they will be more expensive. Maybe Nadz project will have some but I doubt it.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

So they'll sell it here officially?

Will it be 399 usd in baht plus 7% VAT only?

If they can sell for 13999 baht or lower, I'll wait to buy from them instead of buying from MBK.

I will probably be a bit more than that. It is technically still an import so there will be an additional import tax on it. My guess is it will be closer to $500 USD at first.

• 2 weeks later...

My dilemma is this. I have a friend visiting on the 24th of December from the UK. Do I pre order online for UK delivery and pack a suitcase for her to bring over as luggage with it in, or do I wait for a Thailand release?

I have seen a console bundle with a game for about £396. Will the Thai versions ever be that kind of price?

Also if I do get her to bring it in a suitcase will I need to make it look used? or can it be boxed as purchased?

Cheers

My dilemma is this. I have a friend visiting on the 24th of December from the UK. Do I pre order online for UK delivery and pack a suitcase for her to bring over as luggage with it in, or do I wait for a Thailand release?

I have seen a console bundle with a game for about £396. Will the Thai versions ever be that kind of price?

Also if I do get her to bring it in a suitcase will I need to make it look used? or can it be boxed as purchased?

Cheers

I packed a xbox and a ps3 in my luggage a few months ago and had no problems but there were just wrapped in bubble wrap and looked used.

How much do you need to pay for your friend to take an extra bah to put the ps4 in ?

I'm not sure what it will be like with next gen but the current gen of consoles that are bought in Thailand are imported from japan so work out a bit expensive. A few years ago I bought a 360 arcade version for 11000 baht but in the uk you could get it for 120 pounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Cheers

I packed a xbox and a ps3 in my luggage a few months ago and had no problems but there were just wrapped in bubble wrap and looked used.

How much do you need to pay for your friend to take an extra bah to put the ps4 in ?

I'm not sure what it will be like with next gen but the current gen of consoles that are bought in Thailand are imported from japan so work out a bit expensive. A few years ago I bought a 360 arcade version for 11000 baht but in the uk you could get it for 120 pounds.

Well I think she is flying BA so extra baggage will be £40 for upto 32Kg so we will be having other things bought over too. Ideally I don't want to have to get my mum tearing apart my PS4 from it's box to make it looked used in the case lol. If customs did open it up and she said it was a gift would they want to add customs?

Edited by Bmouthboyo

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers

Well I think she is flying BA so extra baggage will be £40 for upto 32Kg so we will be having other things bought over too. Ideally I don't want to have to get my mum tearing apart my PS4 from it's box to make it looked used in the case lol. If customs did open it up and she said it was a gift would they want to add customs?

There shouldn't be any issues, I asked Suvarnaphum immigratin about bringing in a 5.1 surround set and they said no problem as long as it was for personal use.

• 2 weeks later...

Good thing is that ps4 is region free so one could buy it in us(or probably any other country) for like 12,000B. Prices here are ridicolous,paying almost 900$ for ps4 is instanity. Most of the people buy console because entry price is alot cheaper than pc,but seeing this price in thai it's really better to just build a gaming pc for 25k.Especially if one doesn't have 1080p tv(for example, i have only 720p one),so this would +15,000B more

Just saw the PS4 in Siam Paragon on 3rd floor. I wanted to know which region it was so I asked the cashier where it came from and he said China and showed me the "Made in China" label! I saw it had a www.us.playstation.com on it so I guess it is the US region but it had 500GB/Go on it like the EU models usually have.

Anyways it was 38,000 baht. 2.5 times what it costs in the UK right now!!

Good thing is that ps4 is region free so one could buy it in us(or probably any other country) for like 12,000B. Prices here are ridicolous,paying almost 900$ for ps4 is instanity. Most of the people buy console because entry price is alot cheaper than pc,but seeing this price in thai it's really better to just build a gaming pc for 25k.Especially if one doesn't have 1080p tv(for example, i have only 720p one),so this would +15,000B more

The problem with PC gaming is that a lot of major blockbuster games (and just about every sports game) never makes it to the PC. Plus a console fits a lot better in my entertainment center than a gaming rig.

The problem with PC gaming is that a lot of major blockbuster games (and just about every sports game) never makes it to the PC. Plus a console fits a lot better in my entertainment center than a gaming rig.

Yeah i agree definitely.I'll probably get ps4 at some point when more games are out. Here's also hoping that we'll see most of games on console ported to pc,since consoles and pc now share the same architecture and it will easier to port games

Edited by GotR1GHT

Just saw the PS4 in Siam Paragon on 3rd floor.  I wanted to know which region it was so I asked the cashier where it came from and he said China and showed me the "Made in China" label!  I saw it had a www.us.playstation.com on it so I guess it is the US region but it had 500GB/Go on it like the EU models usually have.

Anyways it was 38,000 baht.  2.5 times what it costs in the UK right now!!

38,000 is way over priced! even as an import . You should be able to pick one up for about 26.000 .

The ps4 consoles are all region free so hold off till end of December when there released over here and pick one up for 17-18 k .

If you want to pick up a US version now try INGAMETHAILAND. There selling for 25/26k

Just saw the PS4 in Siam Paragon on 3rd floor. I wanted to know which region it was so I asked the cashier where it came from and he said China and showed me the "Made in China" label! I saw it had a www.us.playstation.com on it so I guess it is the US region but it had 500GB/Go on it like the EU models usually have.

38,000 is way over priced! even as an import . You should be able to pick one up for about 26.000 .

The ps4 consoles are all region free so hold off till end of December when there released over here and pick one up for 17-18 k .

If you want to pick up a US version now try INGAMETHAILAND. There selling for 25/26k

I want either a UK or Jap model so I'm happy to wait. If it had been a UK model for 20k I would've bought it though. However, as much as I really want to play Resogun there's nothing else out until Second Son that I'm really that interested in.

Just saw the PS4 in Siam Paragon on 3rd floor.  I wanted to know which region it was so I asked the cashier where it came from and he said China and showed me the "Made in China" label!  I saw it had a www.us.playstation.com on it so I guess it is the US region but it had 500GB/Go on it like the EU models usually have.

Anyways it was 38,000 baht.  2.5 times what it costs in the UK right now!!

I want either a UK or Jap model so I'm happy to wait.  If it had been a UK model for 20k I would've bought it though.  However, as much as I really want to play Resogun there's nothing else out until Second Son that I'm really that interested in.

It has been officially confirmed by nadz project that they will sell ps4 hong Kong model on 16-17 December for only 15000 baht yes this is official price and won't be subjected to change. However if you want one you need to preorder now.

Do nadz project have a store on chiang mai or bkk ?

I want either a UK or Jap model so I'm happy to wait. If it had been a UK model for 20k I would've bought it though. However, as much as I really want to play Resogun there's nothing else out until Second Son that I'm really that interested in.

It has been officially confirmed by nadz project that they will sell ps4 hong Kong model on 16-17 December for only 15000 baht yes this is official price and won't be subjected to change. However if you want one you need to preorder now.

Do nadz project have a store on chiang mai or bkk ?

No but you can buy it online and they will ship it using ems to anywhere in Thailand but if you want to get your hands on the ps4 HK model for 15000 baht you need to place an preorder now or your chances are slim getting one on 16-17 December.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you still getting yours for 15k? I pre-ordered at super-rich for 15k but they updated there facebook to say there importing from Singapore instead of Hong Kong so the price has jumped to 17.600 . Looked on nadz project site and there's have jumped too.

Anyone know if playAsia is a good place to buy one? They state in stock and seem reasonably priced at 18799 tbh.

Only think I dont get is they seem to sell a number of PS4's from different regions, with EU and US being more expensive. But surly they are all region free? Would buying one which states ASIA have any negatives? Warranty same, game availability, able to take back to UK one day etc?

http://www.play-asia.com/ps4.html

Think it is worth waiting until early 2014?

Anyone know if playAsia is a good place to buy one? They state in stock and seem reasonably priced at 18799 tbh.

Only think I dont get is they seem to sell a number of PS4's from different regions, with EU and US being more expensive. But surly they are all region free? Would buying one which states ASIA have any negatives? Warranty same, game availability, able to take back to UK one day etc?

http://www.play-asia.com/ps4.html

Think it is worth waiting until early 2014?

If you order from PlayAsia then you risk paying 37% tax on the price of the PS4 and the shipping is taxed at 37% too!!

There is stock in MBK right now, I bought a Singapore model for 17,500 baht from "ProGame Shop" 2 days ago, they also have the KillZone bundle for 19,200. It comes with thr Asia waranty which is good in Thailand. The HK model does not have a valid warranty for here.

The shop is on the 6th floor of MBK, unit 35, I highly recommend them, I bought my PS3 from them years ago too and they are very good for contact (02) 611-7009

post-84346-0-06803500-1387594648_thumb.j