PS4 Pre ORder Bangkok

Bmouthboyo

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there any difference between having the Singapore PS4 and say a EU one?

The X and O buttons are reversed for menus, i.e. "O" is OK, and "X" is Cancel for Asian Playstations. If you use a UK gme then the ingame buttons are usually the same as if you wer using a UK Playstation. TBH, I prefer the Asian way (the original configuration).

The X and O buttons are reversed for menus, i.e. "O" is OK, and "X" is Cancel for Asian Playstations. If you use a UK gme then the ingame buttons are usually the same as if you wer using a UK Playstation. TBH, I prefer the Asian way (the original configuration).

I thought it had changed!!! Are there's any restrictions on games if I take my ps4 back to the uk? I know the console is region free but are all games region free?

I thought it had changed!!! Are there's any restrictions on games if I take my ps4 back to the uk? I know the console is region free but are all games region free?

All of my PS4 games so far are digital downloads from the UK PSN Store so I'm not 100% sure but I believe that all PS4 game discs are region free. However I've had a Japanese PS3 for 5 years and used only UK bought PS3 discs with it and never had a problem. Sometimes the game front menu will use the original "X" for Start, and other times it will use "O" for start but most of the time it will use the UK convention of X for start. I don't know why it's not always "O" for start on an Asian console but it has never hindered a game for me for gameplay.

isn't digital game prices in UK more expensive than ps4 asia bd discs?

They sell for 1890 baht, which is more or less US digital price. I thought games were more expensive in EU/UK due to vat.

They are but if you buy the Asia Region games then you cannot use any DLC with a UK or US PSN account. I'm not sure if trophies would work too.

isn't digital game prices in UK more expensive than ps4 asia bd discs?

They sell for 1890 baht, which is more or less US digital price. I thought games were more expensive in EU/UK due to vat.

They are but if you buy the Asia Region games then you cannot use any DLC with a UK or US PSN account. I'm not sure if trophies would work too.

The mistake I made was buying a hk bf4 and US cod and a uk Killzone

Why a mistake? Because you would need 3 accounts, one for each region to play the DLC? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If thats require 3 psn plus memberships that would hurt.

Wrong, on ps4 if you get psn plus for one account all other accounts will be able to play online multiplaye Edited by shariq607

The only other issue I have had and its a bit of a weird one. Is my copy of bf4 is from hk. When I play it with my uk psn account ( that's my main account with friend ect) the came audio is Spanish!!! Bit when I use my hk its English .... Looked in options/audio and there's no option to change the language.

• Like 1

Why would anyone want a PS4 from UK or JP? They all region free and you can create PSN ID for any country. Having it from any of those countries will have a major bummer not being to use your warranty here in Thailand. Only consoles from SE Asia are covered by regional warranty.

How you finding BF4 on PS4? I am planning and getting console and game in about 11 days after my holiday.Don't suppose you get January sales over here in Thailand?

Really good . Big upgrade in visuals and the online has jumped to 64 players as to 32 on last gen .

Last gen was 24.

Looking forward to getting this then. Do you find a lot of lag in such large games of here in asia? Can't imagine there are lots of Thais on this game, so may be looking further afield for hosts? Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

There is no hosts in bf4, it uses dedicated servers that are owned and managed by EA across the entire world. The Asian servers are hosted in Yokohama Japan with pings of 90-110.Ea will probably add more servers in Singapore or HK when the demand for them rises.

Do you think the PS4 will drop in price much within next few months here in BKK? Trying to see if worth holding out. Does BKK have Jan sales on stuff like this?

Looking at huge sales and success of ps4 I don't think so price is gonna drop anytime soon, however If you want one cheap now I suggest u ask any friend of yours who might be coming to bkk to hand carry it from either the states which costs there only approximately 12000 baht or hand carry it from hong Kong which costs there 13500 baht. Do note its going to be hard to find ps4 in the stock in US retailing for the official price due to overwhelming high demand in christmas .

Do you think the PS4 will drop in price much within next few months here in BKK? Trying to see if worth holding out. Does BKK have Jan sales on stuff like this?

Looking at huge sales and success of ps4 I don't think so price is gonna drop anytime soon, however If you want one cheap now I suggest u ask any friend of yours who might be coming to bkk to hand carry it from either the states which costs there only approximately 12000 baht or hand carry it from hong Kong which costs there 13500 baht. Do note its going to be hard to find ps4 in the stock in US retailing for the official price due to overwhelming high demand in christmas .

1 usd is now 32.7X baht, not 30 baht anymore.

399.95 usd + 7-8% state tax in USA for PS4 should cost 14K baht. PS4 in HK should cost 14.4k baht.

New batch of PS4s will be sold for 18,200 baht in nadzproject and several other stores due to weak baht.

399.95 usd + 7-8% state tax in USA for PS4 should cost 14K baht. PS4 in HK should cost 14.4k baht.

New batch of PS4s will be sold for 18,200 baht in nadzproject and several other stores due to weak baht.

The point is since retail shops here are already importing from Singapore (16500 baht) which is already much more expensive than the equilavent in HK. If they would have imported from hk , the cost could have been 2-2.5 k lower. However, I believe in every sense it is better to buy the SG models and pay extra just to get the Sony regional warranty

The point is since retail shops here are already importing from Singapore (16500 baht) which is already much more expensive than the equilavent in HK. If they would have imported from hk , the cost could have been 2-2.5 k lower. However, I believe in every sense it is better to buy the SG models and pay extra just to get the Sony regional warranty

Shariq a question for you... How are you accessing Netflix through your Ps3... and are you getting everything in HD?

Regards

MH