Do You Run Your Own Business In Thailand

slippery when wet

Hi all.

I wish to return to Thailand but having experienced the Teacher cattlemarket I am looking for ideas to set up a business. I'm not looking to make millions (would be nice though) but just want to make survival money for me, my Thai wife and baby.

I' looking realistically to earn about 30-40 thousand baht per month after the initial setting up of the business.

Any ideas for a business would be welcome.

Obviously have my own ideas that I'm considering but always welcome imput from others.

Thanks

Slippery......

Hi all.

I wish to return to Thailand but having experienced the Teacher cattlemarket I am looking for ideas to set up a business. I'm not looking to make millions (would be nice though) but just want to make survival money for me, my Thai wife and baby.

I' looking realistically to earn about 30-40 thousand baht per month after the initial setting up of the business.

Obviously have my own ideas that I'm considering but always welcome imput from others.

Thanks

Slippery......

My top 5...

Exporting products by e-commerce

IT outsourcing

Setting up content websites about Thailand and get paid with Google Adsense code

Export data services

Think of any niche that you see the demand .

www.lawyer.th.com

Last, but not least... Item 5 on Sunbelt's list: "Think of any niche that you see the demand", obviously is the one with the highest potential..... Unfortunately for you - you'll have to think it up by yourself. Nobody, who might have an idea he believes in, would hand it out freely.

When I started out as a newbie business-owner in Thailand about a year ago, I didn't have the slightest clue on any "niche in demand" - I merely started up on one of those service-businesses, that go by the plenty... Now, I have a clue on a niche --- no way I'd want to share this hard earned clue ...

hi slippery,

unfortunately for you, I have no idea as I'm pretty much in the same boat...have a daytime job but want to do side business as supplemental to support my family (new born child as well) doing a website in my free time but it's got ages to go before it will bring in any income....

keep in there.

btw, how is the wife and baby? Livin overseas with you or?

... btw... the niche, I've caught a glimpse of, actually does have some reference to the teacher's cattle market. What are your fields and do you eventually have some risc-willing cash to put up? (I'm interested in communication with language-teachers with or without investment money).

Hi all.

Thanks

Slippery......

Two laws of business:

1. If you have an idea don't tell any bugger in Thailand.

2. If anyone offers you a business proposition it is because they have failed at it or are after an angle for some of your loot.

Best way is to have a skill or knoweldge that cannot be exploited.

In my case it is the ICAO.

Cheers,

:o

Slippy,

I know the perfect business! :o

Share trading can be run just as any other business.

- There are no staff except maybe an accountant.

- You can be located anywhere with there is internet.

- Don't have to worry about Thai's pinching the idea!

- You can set it up to suit yourself ie: hours/week spent.

The negative is that just like walking into most businesses it will need lots of capital, planning, learning and research. Businesses have a high failure rate but I reckon because of not following those 4 points.

Just plucking some numbers out of the air and sticking to straight stock trading, if you averaged a conservative 15% per year you would need capital of 2800000 Baht to make 35000 Baht/month. Although, there are other ways without needing the larger capital amount plus that doesn't include any taxes.

You also need a cash backup to cover you during times your trading isn't positive.

Just one tip, if you ever did look into this, steer clear of the Thai stock market! :D

YBB

Hi all.

Thanks

Slippery......

Teaching? Mandarin!

Do a small set-up school in a/the wealthier area(s) of BKK and start teaching Mandarin to young children of middle and upperclass families.

Hire teachers from northern/eastern China who speak (reasonable) English also...there must be ways to arrange work permits.

It's a hit; guaranteed!

More and more schools in Europe as well as the US are teaching Mandarin now; the younger the kids start, the better and the parents are willing to pay!

Mandarin speaking will give such an enormous advantage in the future, if they can speak Thai and English as well!

Good luck

LaoPo

Niche,

Telepractice/telemedicine

Take a field that requires an MD's or a licensed practioner's approval/opinion etc. and apply tellemedicine concepts and presto....

http://tie.telemed.org/articles/article.as...ng_nb_tie96.xml

http://in.rediff.com/money/2006/mar/28bpo.htm

I took my son to the doc. yesterday, and parted with 80 baht, without insurance and including meds.

That my friends is plumb un-heard of in the US. There is potential here.....

post-26591-1146315923_thumb.jpg

Just a thought ..the people with "innovative" ideas are not likely to share them with the public.

As the economy seems to be going down the tubes, power stations unable to meet demand, and the rising oil price - this is a sure fire profit maker :o

I gave this a serious thought a few years ago, and I still think it's a winner.

I would tour the Adult Clubs in Las Vegas, Chicago, New York, Mexico City etc.

I would be on the lookout for girls who were extremely shapely and knew not only how to dance but could make that brass pole sing.......

Now, I would put them under contract, bring them to Thailand as educators (Tax advantage) and market their skills at every adult venue in Thailand.

Now think about it, Thai girls shuffle on stage, there is no excitement. I think you could show a bar owner an increase in customers who would stay around longer, consequently with the increase in consumers you would get an increase in liquor sales and bar fines, he would just jump at this educational opportunity.

And since you would be the only show in town (Country) you could charge whatever the market would allow. Now if you choose the right venue for your initial educational seminar, you might even get them to sign a Non-Compete provision where they just pay you NOT to educate their competition in a given geographical region. So potentially you could be earning thousands of Baht for not doing anything .......... alot like some American farmers who are paid NOT to grow something.

This would be so pure! Think about it..........

Just a thought ..the people with "innovative" ideas are not likely to share them with the public.

As the economy seems to be going down the tubes, power stations unable to meet demand, and the rising oil price - this is a sure fire profit maker :o

hey, great idea...lets import a few cheap used ones from the UK and open a shop here! it might be the next big hit ...wouldn't surprise me. we could even market them as the next generation typewriter ...save electricity, save money!

:D

hey, great idea...lets import a few cheap used ones from the UK and open a shop here! it might be the next big hit ...wouldn't surprise me. we could even market them as the next generation typewriter ...save electricity, save money!

:D

Ah, a chap after my own heart!. We could market as the 'green' solution, the 'retro office look'.

Better still, we open a typing school so that the purchasers of said typography implement could have their very own secretary to accept dictation.

This then would allow them to stride around their front room making vitally important ideolgical statements in preparation for becoming an M.P.

Our tame M.P. would award us the contract to supply these to all government depts., within Thailand at vastly inflated cost.

It's a winner for sure.................................. :D

I'm lucky my girlfriends father is a sucessful businessman in haulage.He is contracted for 15 runs a week into Bangkok.He has just been asked to increase to 22 runs.Due to still paying for his two trucks and new pickup(plus 3 kids at college)he is in no position to buy another truck at the moment.Fortunatly this leave me in position to join him.The returns are excellent.In fact I was very pleasantly suprised.I'm not saying what or where either.

I'm lucky my girlfriends father is a sucessful businessman in haulage.He is contracted for 15 runs a week into Bangkok.He has just been asked to increase to 22 runs.Due to still paying for his two trucks and new pickup(plus 3 kids at college)he is in no position to buy another truck at the moment.Fortunatly this leave me in position to join him.The returns are excellent.In fact I was very pleasantly suprised.I'm not saying what or where either.

Would it be in Chaiya Phuum by any chance, Chaiyapoon? :o

pizza delivery into sukhumvit? those farangs give great tips... :o