Ecommerce Solutions?

I've browsed this forum many an hour and have gained some helpful advice but I am still confused...

I have a potential online business all set up and almost ready to go //business url removed//

Only problem is I lack international customer friendly payment options.

I know about Paysbuy and already have an account. Problem is, they only accept Visa credit card payments...

Transactions within in Thailand will be no problem as direct bank transfers are so simple. But as how to be customer friendly for potential overseas customers, I am just baffled :o

1. Offering international bank transfers is also an option using the swift codes of Bangkok Bank...however I doubt many international customers want to go through the trouble of that and not to mention the window time of payment confirmations...I have no idea what fees are charged, say from the states, so anyone who has transfered via BAngkok Bank from a USA bank, can you tell me the general fees and window time of confirmation. I have all my swift codes just would like to know how much it will cost and how long it will take so I can post for potential customers.

2. I don't have a work permit, I don't make more than 50,000 baht, so I can't apply for a credit card here. I don't need to use a credit card, I just always assumed to recieve credit card payments (as to deposit into my normal savings / fixed savings account here in Thailand) I would have to own a credit card... Is this true? Meaning, every online service that reiceves credit card payments needs to be a credit card holder???

3. Seems that most Ecommerce solutions involve some form of Pay pal solution. Like I said, I have Paysbuy as an option but this is not exactly second hand nature to most potential international customers. So if I want to use Paypal, what are my options? as I am not qualified to get a credit card here in Thailand nor desire to own/use one. As far as I understand, to transfer paypal funds into a bank account, that bank account needs to be an American bank account. I'm American, have a SS number, and am qualified to open a US bank account. Problem is I'm here in Thailand and don't have the time or funds to go back to the US simply to open a bank account Is it possible for me to open a bank account from online or an American bank account from Thailand branch (that is paypal friendly)? If so, which ones, and what are the requirements?

Any other possible eccomerce solutions for my situation, please suggest/advise me.

THANKS 1000 TIMES IN ADVANCE :D

I think Paypal is your best option for sure. Many people use it, and trust it too. I'm from Holland and I'm sure Paypal also can transfer money to Dutch Bank accounts. About thai Bankaccounts I don't know, but they do transfer to other countries.

Other option is to use a friends account in another country (USA) if you trust him/her enough :-)

P.S. You might want to consider a good designer for your site. Maybe your products can be good, but the website should look more professional to gain trust from overseas buyers.

I think Paypal is your best option for sure. Many people use it, and trust it too. I'm from Holland and I'm sure Paypal also can transfer money to Dutch Bank accounts. About thai Bankaccounts I don't know, but they do transfer to other countries.

Other option is to use a friends account in another country (USA) if you trust him/her enough :-)

P.S. You might want to consider a good designer for your site. Maybe your products can be good, but the website should look more professional to gain trust from overseas buyers.

thanks for the critical advice...just doing all my own design...simple html e-store / supplier index with no shopping carts, checkouts etc. as I can't exactly recieve direct payments via secure website anyway ...more of a classified / trading adds index with pictures and contact, but definately something to consider on a higher level

BTW, I believe it is impossible to use paypal with Thai accounts...but thanks anyway

cheers

For payment options try Moneybookers. They seem to work though you probably won't approve of them because they're European.

Also, I believe it's necessary to register any online business with the Dpeartment of Business Development. I don't know how actively they try to monitor this. I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has registered about any follow-up.

Edited by Tarragona