Muslim Food Cart?

brotherother

A couple of evenings ago I was walking along Chang Klan Rd as they we're setting up the night bazar and I noticed a guy (possibly Burmese) selling all kinds of delicious looking curries and the like from his street cart.

Anybody else seen this guy or know where to catch him and at what time?

Thanks for any help smile.png

On Friday or Saturday nights not suew which they set up food carts and what not along the street with the Muslim Temple. There are a few places open all the time that serve Muslim food.

The Street is the first left after coming of Tha Pha road onto the Night Bazaar.

On Friday or Saturday nights not suew which they set up food carts and what not along the street with the Muslim Temple. There are a few places open all the time that serve Muslim food.

The Street is the first left after coming of Tha Pha road onto the Night Bazaar.

OK, thanks for that.

I did in fact take a look down there earlier but it was probably a bit too early for the street stalls, or like you say it could only be Fridays that they have them. I had a look in one of the 'Muslim' restaurants but could only see what looked like standard Thai dishes, which presumably is exactly what they were, but halal and with no pork - to previous posters, there are many Thai Muslims who look and act, errr, Thai amazingly....

I'll take another look down there next weekend.

OK, thanks for that.

I did in fact take a look down there earlier but it was probably a bit too early for the street stalls, or like you say it could only be Fridays that they have them. I had a look in one of the 'Muslim' restaurants but could only see what looked like standard Thai dishes, which presumably is exactly what they were, but halal and with no pork - to previous posters, there are many Thai Muslims who look and act, errr, Thai amazingly....

About half way down that soi on the left if you're coming from the night bazaar / Chang klan, is a Thai Muslim restaurant. They have chicken rice etc on one side and on the other they have some great curries like goat and beef. I think they're technically Thai Muslim curries but resemble Burmese curries a lot. If you walk a bit past this place, across the soi is a roti stand. You can order a bunch and he'll bring them over so you can eat them with the curries. Really good eats.

OK, thanks for that.

About half way down that soi on the left if you're coming from the night bazaar / Chang klan, is a Thai Muslim restaurant. They have chicken rice etc on one side and on the other they have some great curries like goat and beef. I think they're technically Thai Muslim curries but resemble Burmese curries a lot. If you walk a bit past this place, across the soi is a roti stand. You can order a bunch and he'll bring them over so you can eat them with the curries. Really good eats.

Not exactly sure but I think they have a cafe in the Mosque on that Soi. I know they did when they were building it.

OK, thanks for that.

I've been eating at those places for something like 20 years. Their kow mok gai (chicken and yellow rice) is not bad and inexpensive. I did find a much better kow mok gai in the upstairs food court of KSK, but it closed down during the chicken flu scare many years ago and I never found out where they moved. It was so good that I've always been disappointed with other places ever since and don't eat it much anymore.

You can even get "Muslim" burgers on that soi. Soi 1 I believe it is. On the right side but a little further down from the places mentioned above, is Orange Burger. The owners name is Reno and he makes beef and fish burgers. He also makes hot dogs - beef and/or chicken. He's a very nice guy who had a hot dog stand in Chicago for about 15 years and he speaks perfect fluent English. The fish burger is pretty good.

This used to be one of my "go-to" places. Unfortunately, the K bank is gone and the new owner does not allow carts. I haven't seen the cart for a month now.... sad days.

Not sure what "Muslim food" is, but if you want good food prepared by 2 Muslim ladies, go to Chinag Mai gate almost any evening (although they do take one night off) and you will see one of the busiest food sellers there. They serve chicken or beef biryani that comes with soup and salad, chicken khao soi and a couple of other things. They have been selling their food there for at least 6 or 7 years that I know of. In fact the ladies may be the 2nd generation by now. I seldom ever eat food prepared on the street but have been buying from these people for years.

Are the Muslim hotdogs as good as Butter is Better and The Dukes? Their all beef dogs are hard to beat.

Haven't had his hot dogs UG so I can't say. Actually I had a hot dog at the Dukes for the first time last week and it sure was good. It was the first hot dog I had in 7 years and it was just like what we would get in the USA.

Couple of photos I found on the net of Reno and his halal burger and hot dog stand soi 1.

post-49932-0-80019000-1382258971_thumb.j

post-49932-0-48121400-1382258985_thumb.j

Edited by elektrified

This used to be one of my "go-to" places. Unfortunately, the K bank is gone and the new owner does not allow carts. I haven't seen the cart for a month now.... sad days.

Not sure what "Muslim food" is, but if you want good food prepared by 2 Muslim ladies, go to Chinag Mai gate almost any evening (although they do take one night off) and you will see one of the busiest food sellers there. They serve chicken or beef biryani that comes with soup and salad, chicken khao soi and a couple of other things. They have been selling their food there for at least 6 or 7 years that I know of. In fact the ladies may be the 2nd generation by now. I seldom ever eat food prepared on the street but have been buying from these people for years.

I ate there last week on Thursday I believe. Maybe they moved a little further down (or up)? I never really noticed the exact location as I always go at night and have to double park.