Repair one key on a laptop?

nivram4491

My step daughter has a Samsung notebook. One key stopped working. Is there a recommended shop in Chiang Mai that could fix the faulty key.

I know an easy solution is to use an external keyboard (which I personally prefer) but she was not overly impressed with that solution.

There could be a simple reason such as dust, bits of old crisp, general debris stuck under the key (it was in my case). You can soon see, just gently lift the key up with a small screwdriver blade and blow/dust with a brush. Don't lever the key up too much otherwise it'll pop off. If it does don't panic - it just pops back on but be prepared for some annoying time wasting while you fiddle around with it.

If this doesn't cure it OK, time to take it to the repairers in Icon Square or similar, but you haven't lost anything but a bit of time. And if it works you've saved yourself a few baht.

There could be a simple reason such as dust, bits of old crisp, general debris stuck under the key (it was in my case). You can soon see, just gently lift the key up with a small screwdriver blade and blow/dust with a brush. Don't lever the key up too much otherwise it'll pop off. If it does don't panic - it just pops back on but be prepared for some annoying time wasting while you fiddle around with it.

If this doesn't cure it OK, time to take it to the repairers in Icon Square or similar, but you haven't lost anything but a bit of time. And if it works you've saved yourself a few baht.

Good advice.This happened on my dell laptop,couldn't press the key fully down and so wouldn't write the character on the screen.Popped it off and lo and behold a small piece of debris had trapped itself under the key,cleared it and popped the key back on.That'll teach me for snacking when i'm on my laptop.