Gamers, I need your opinion….

PoeDogg

What is the best/your favorite gaming console, and why (PS3, Wii, Xbox 360)?
Also, can you recommend some games for your chosen one?

I need to buy one soon but know nothing about them now; the last console I had was a Nintendo 64……about 20 years ago. And before that I had an Atari.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

PC every time, & you can play everything not just the games the console limits you to...

But none of the exclusives that are out for each console, they also tend to be released on PC later than the console versions.

Your choice of console should come down to which exclusive game IP you are into. For me it is Sony cuz I love the Uncharted and God of War games and so on. Also, PS+ is the greatest thing to happen for gamers ever, more so cuz I have a Vita, PS3 and PS4 now so I think I've got about 50 free full price games so far on all 3 systems just for a year's membership (which cost me £28).

If you are buying for a young child then get a Nintendo cuz that's who they are now marketed for. :)

• Like 1

Saw this in sony style at the mall bang kapi today, they said they'll have the PS4 in stock from the 16th of Jan (for if you consider the PS4 option attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1388215137.266594.jpg

Not sure why they don't already have it for sale as that SKU is the Singapore Region and you can already get that same KillZone bundle from MBK or Nadz for 19,200 Baht. The Singapore PS4 by itself is 17,500 baht from the same retailers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PS 3 without a doubt. I was with Sony, had xbox but it RROD on me 2 times.

Get PS3 and PS Plus you get 2 free games every month for 3 systems for one price (PS3/Vita/PS4) even if you dont own other two you still can keep those games for when you buy one. My backlog is huge because of the PS Plus, i forgot last time I bought a game.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's a complex question and it needs complex answer.

Today, the main difference between consoles is game exclusives.

And, as owner of XBOX 360 i can tell, that SONY has more soul-touching games.

So i advise you to check PS3 and X360 exclusives and then check the same for next-gen consoles to determine what is more close to you.

The PS4 does have better specs. While the XB1 is also locked to max 30 fps, Sony has said their console is not locked, but have given the developers the choice to lock the max frame rates.

But... While some games look better on the PS4, other games look better on the XB1. For most of the games I cannot really tell which one of the two consoles that has the best graphics.

Tomb Raider graphics comparison (PC vs XB1 vs PS4 vs PS3 vs 360)

Assassin's Creed 4 graphics comparison (PS4 vs XB1)

Call of Duty: Ghosts comparison

Battlefield 4 comparison

While I don't really see the benefit for PS4 owners having the better hardware now, I am slightly concerned if I bought a XB1 now that it will be much more notably in a couple of years from now on, since developers will start to get used to the hardware and take advantage of it.

Then there is... Games. Both consoles does have, and will continue to have many more exclusive titles. The Wii U console also has many exclusive titles. If you have kids or enjoy children-like games, then this console is perhaps a console you should consider, even though the hardware is a lot weaker. Nintendo has released a new Mario game that does indeed look a lot of fun, but in my opinion that's the ONLY game that looks fun for the Wii U.

Another hint is (correct me if I'm wrong), that the PS4 console has an (Sony) official price tag of 20 000 tbh for Thailand, but when I visited the Sony shop at the Central Plaza in Udon Thani they wanted 26 000 for it. I don't know what's up with that, but just a heads up guys.