things you wished you knew sooner / advice from the long stays

infinity11

Young girls are not usually attracted to men older than their fathers.

Amazing but true

And Young Guys are only as Handsome as the size of their wallets,which is why the low success rate!

Yeah, you keep believing that if it makes you feel better

mmm,I guess I hit a raw nerve,with my jest!

Yeah your guess would be right if I was young, mate. I'm just not deluded

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thailand is the last place on earth you want to look for love. I am under 30 and been with all kinds of girls and they all got the devil inside. Keep every girl at an arms distance and pay them for their services. Don't expect a girl just because she has a 'good family' to be anything like you know from the west when it gets serious. They all freak out and go bonkers once you break up with them.

Don't buy into this hi-so socializing crap. It's a waste of time/totally fake. Do your own thing in thailand, find a few good mates and stick to yourself.

Dont know where you are hanging out but I have met and dated my fair share of girls in Thailand and never had an issue like your. Had the typical crying, why why why crap but never like yours. Also there are some really great girls in Thailand just like anywhere else in the world just need to get the know them good before they move in with you. Never bought into the hi-so crap it's all show and most of the girls are spoiled little bitches.

Things I wished I knew - learn to speak Thai sooner. Would have helped my business grow faster.

would have bought more condo's in the 80's and then sell in 1996.

• Like 1

People often use 'Issan' synonymously with 'lower class'. There are plenty of upper class in Issan. And if you are earning 200k in Thailand, then in my book, you are upper class.

You don't change class in any hierarchical society. You are what you are, you're born into it and remain that class. If you're lower class and strike it rich then you're still lower class but rich and everyone else of any higher class will see that too.

That sounds like nonsense

Than you dont know how it works here.

People often use 'Issan' synonymously with 'lower class'. There are plenty of upper class in Issan. And if you are earning 200k in Thailand, then in my book, you are upper class.

You don't change class in any hierarchical society. You are what you are, you're born into it and remain that class. If you're lower class and strike it rich then you're still lower class but rich and everyone else of any higher class will see that too.

yes he does

yes he does

No, he doesnt !

yes he does

No, he doesnt !

well i know folks that have done exactly what you say can never happen.

• Like 1

yes he does

No, he doesnt !

Well i havent. IMO poor class becoming middle or upperclass, financially spoken, never will be able to disguise their roots/background. Thats whst i have seen and no critisism to thai people. If you have seen it, i dont doubt your opinion. Depends on what parameters 1 uses to form an opinion. Anyway not something important for me.

yes he does

No, he doesnt !

Well i havent. IMO poor class becoming middle or upperclass, financially spoken, never will be able to disguise their roots/background. Thats whst i have seen and no critisism to thai people. If you have seen it, i dont doubt your opinion. Depends on what parameters 1 uses to form an opinion. Anyway not something important for me.

and yet you tell someone they dont know what they are talking about without prefacing it with IMO

Don't lend any money to your thai wife/girl friends family,this comes from some one who did,and is still crying 10 years later.

then I wont lend anything to YOUR wife's/GF's family. thanks for the tip

If you won't lend anything to my wife I promise not to lend any thing to your boy friend.xwink.png.pagespeed.ic.HJgPQ3U3SA.png

Don't lend any money to your thai wife/girl friends family,this comes from some one who did,and is still crying 10 years later.

then I wont lend anything to YOUR wife's/GF's family. thanks for the tip

If you won't lend anything to my wife I promise not to lend any thing to your boy friend.xwink.png.pagespeed.ic.HJgPQ3U3SA.png

the old standby comeback of the weak

Those sweet little hotties may be hot but not so sweet

oh common, they ain't that hot either. with all their clothes on in some girly bar surrounded by old and fat drunk farang they pretend to be sasha grey. but what do they have to offer a good farang girlfriend (think: education, a brain, similar interests, similar culture, money, etc) hasn't got? a whore is a whore: sex equals work. work equals bore (especially in this part of the world). bore equals no dedication, no initiative, nada. me thinks majority of thailand whore chasers have simply never experienced good genuine sex back home. and u know why that is? 1/ because they are old and from a retarded generation. a generation that thinks good hot sex with the wife is dirty (with thx to the pope/christianity). 2/ because they are lousy lovers and their wifes/gf's didn't get hot by their incompetent in-out-in-out fiddling 3/ because they are too repulsive to find a partner in the west (repulsive in physical way OR mental way, ie. the typical dominant frustrated white male)... i've been here for so many years now and never had to get "any service below the belt" sofar which my farang gf can't give me for free without her watching the clock. oh and mind u, we've been together for LAAI PEE... sure thai women can be very beautiful and sexi, but so can western women. the main difference remains that spending 2 hours in the company of a whore costs 400 bt here (sex not included) and 10.000-15.000 bt in any western bar. it's all about money (on both sides).

Are you happy now you've had such a rant? Try different coloured pills they may work better.

So hes either been unfaithful to his farang gf he's known "LAAI PEE " ( couldnt he just say , " a long time " ? )in order to know all this , OR he hasnt , in which case he has no experience about something he claims to be an authority on.

Nothing 'repulsive' about a ranter ...

• Like 1

Who permitted this thread to be about how much people earn???

Way off topic and detracts from the good, valid advice some are trying to give!

Houston, we have a problem!

Advice:

Take advice given on TV with a grain of salt.

There are some real wackos here too! Even Long Term Wackos!

w00t.gif

• Like 1

rolleyes.gif Learn the 80% rule.

80% of everything (in Thailand and elsewhere) is bulls--t.

The 80% rule applies to everything you see, hear, or are told you need to do.

The 80% rule is key to understanding any society you live in.

Just remember .... 80% of everything is bulls--t, and you'll understand human nature and why people act like they do..

That's how to stay sane and survive in Thailand.

rolleyes.gif

Thanks, this helps a lot, i thought it was only 79%! tongue.png

Don't lend money, period. If you have it to give, give it, and never think of it again.

Yes.

I started this ages ago and not just for thailand, never lend just give a bit, funny too, not ONE ever offered it back when/if they got on their feet.

Those sweet little hotties may be hot but not so sweet

oh common, they ain't that hot either. with all their clothes on in some girly bar surrounded by old and fat drunk farang they pretend to be sasha grey. but what do they have to offer a good farang girlfriend (think: education, a brain, similar interests, similar culture, money, etc) hasn't got? a whore is a whore: sex equals work. work equals bore (especially in this part of the world). bore equals no dedication, no initiative, nada. me thinks majority of thailand whore chasers have simply never experienced good genuine sex back home. and u know why that is? 1/ because they are old and from a retarded generation. a generation that thinks good hot sex with the wife is dirty (with thx to the pope/christianity). 2/ because they are lousy lovers and their wifes/gf's didn't get hot by their incompetent in-out-in-out fiddling 3/ because they are too repulsive to find a partner in the west (repulsive in physical way OR mental way, ie. the typical dominant frustrated white male)... i've been here for so many years now and never had to get "any service below the belt" sofar which my farang gf can't give me for free without her watching the clock. oh and mind u, we've been together for LAAI PEE... sure thai women can be very beautiful and sexi, but so can western women. the main difference remains that spending 2 hours in the company of a whore costs 400 bt here (sex not included) and 10.000-15.000 bt in any western bar. it's all about money (on both sides).

wow what a post!

i had to reply when i saw this (below)

and i am going out on a limb to say

infaltion has made its way to my stay in thailand:

'2 hours in the company of a whore costs 400 bt here'

yes but who wants a 60 YO whore?

The only piece of wisdom I have to offer to this thread is.........keep your powder dry. thumbsup.gif

If you apply that theory to most things in life, <deleted> doesn't befoul you in quantities that are overly abundant, nor will you get pissed on too frequently from great altitudes.

Alternatively, invite <deleted> frequently into your life (be it via sour attitude or unwise actions), and expect it to arrive in overly abundant quantities such that you should be immensely pleased. coffee1.gif

!

You can take the girl out of the bar but you will never take the bar out of the girl.

Up to you, doesn't always mean what you think it does.

Just because the traffic flows one way, look both ways before moving.

A starter may come after the main.

If nothings going to change then you have to.

Getting angry does you more harm than good.

Good ones!

How about you order something at the restaurant. All the food comes out but what you ordered you wait and wait and then finally ask, they go and check and come back and say "so sorry sold out". Then the kicker it's still on the bill.

Had another one at a small restaurant in the mall in BKK. I ordered pork breaded and fried. Got my meal started cutting and I see that it is chicken. I ask the girl what is this? She says what did you order? I said pork, she said that is pork. Dam I should have seen that one coming. As we all know, no sense in complaining and making a scene you are not going to win anyway as the customer is always wrong.

• Like 1

Thailand is the last place on earth you want to look for love. I am under 30 and been with all kinds of girls and they all got the devil inside. Keep every girl at an arms distance and pay them for their services. Don't expect a girl just because she has a 'good family' to be anything like you know from the west when it gets serious. They all freak out and go bonkers once you break up with them.

Don't buy into this hi-so socializing crap. It's a waste of time/totally fake. Do your own thing in thailand, find a few good mates and stick to yourself.

Pay EVERY girl for their services? Seems like the only girls you've got experience with are bar girls if you're saying things like that.

Plenty of girls who don't have any interest in your wallet about. You won't find them in Lower Sukhumvit or Walking Street though.

• Like 1

Having made too many foolish and expensive mistakes my first couple of years here, I now wish I had read two books dealing with Thai lady/farang male relationships:

"Foreign Relations: a Humorous Guide to Thai Ladies", by Barry Sandal. Self-published and hard to find, but a 100% right on, BS-free masterwork. Barry, you need to run off another batch of these, and get them into the bookshops at all major Thai airports.

"Private Dancer", by Stephen Leather. Completely different from Leather's other, thriller type stuff, but a harrowing cautionary tale about a guy who took too long to see what's what. Broke out in a cold sweat reading this, with a there but for the grace of Buddha went I...feeling.

I have no connection to these two authors, but recommend these works whole-heartedly. I am happy to say I am now married to a wonderful Thai lady (yes, dare I say it, from Isaan!) who makes my life here so much more enjoyable, and keeps me from getting ripped off. A keeper, to be sure.

I would assert that these books do offer some insight for dealing with hookers or moochers, but I find normal women (and some hookers I might add) in Thailand to be the complete opposite of what is described in the publications.

Lol! where did you meet the bitter twisted old curmudgeon that told you THAT crock of crap!

No one told me that. It's the experience after living in LOS for 5 years.

Go have a motorbike accident in pattaya and injure a thai person, even THEY crashed into you.

Guess who the police asks for a handout - The white guy! You are never right in thailand!

Told the girlfriend after 2 years to leave. (Regular girl with normal office job) - she went nuts and demolished the entire condo and stabbed me.

Filled police report. You know what the police did? Brought her to the station and told me to talk to her for 10 minutes. After that they MADE ME pay her to leave..

Guess what the landlord did? Kicked me out and kept my deposit (120,000 baht).

You can try to stand your ground and go the legal route but all it does, is make the hole in your pocket even deeper.

Not every girl is the same but i always thought the same like most people - oh the TV guys must be old and bitter to post all the negative things, but once you experienced situations like that you start to understand them..

And no i dont drink or have tattoos all over my body..

A US$4000 deposit? Must be one hell of a condo.

If the upper class prefer roadside food, to buy everything as cheap as possible even secondhand clothes for themselves etc then YES my Wife is upper class Issan.