Fresh Sea Food

srn89

many at anusarn market at the night bazaar many restaurants

Any of you guys that have perhaps been here a while know any nicer places, perhaps just out of town? I'd like somewhere special for Mrs Paangjang's 25th. Not somewhere where that hilltribe lady's got that frog thing making a noise or where their selling knock of rolex's...facepalm.gif

many at anusarn market at the night bazaar many restaurants

Any of you guys that have perhaps been here a while know any nicer places, perhaps just out of town? I'd like somewhere special for Mrs Paangjang's 25th. Not somewhere where that hilltribe lady's got that frog thing making a noise or where their selling knock of rolex's...facepalm.gif

"Knock off Rolexes" !! No way. they will even post a guarantee to your home address.

Still waiting......

• Like 1

Which stores in Chiang Mai have oysters?

Try Rimping Supermarket at The Promenade shopping centre, they have a dedicated Oyster and wine bar there.

but as one poster mentioned, a bottle of wine and oysters for 2 will set you back 7500 baht.

Try Rimping Supermarket at The Promenade shopping centre, they have a dedicated Oyster and wine bar there.

but as one poster mentioned, a bottle of wine and oysters for 2 will set you back 7500 baht.

I'm just replying to the guys question, he didn't ask about cost's, just availability. The price could be even bigger dependent on the wine purchased. I think the cost of the oysters are 112 baht each, so 2 doz, ( a doz each) will set you back 2688 baht, so that means the poster you mentioned was spending something like 4800 baht on his wine selection. If you care to look there are some good wines available in store for a lot less than that, which will reduce the bill somewhat.

Hope this helps.

Edited by mickmac
  • Like 1

I'm just replying to the guys question, he didn't ask about cost's, just availability. The price could be even bigger dependent on the wine purchased. I think the cost of the oysters are 112 baht each, so 2 doz, ( a doz each) will set you back 2688 baht, so that means the poster you mentioned was spending something like 4800 baht on his wine selection. If you care to look there are some good wines available in store for a lot less than that, which will reduce the bill somewhat.

Hope this helps.

Was hoping there is a place that sells them retail for at home consumption at a reasonable price, either fresh or frozen.

Unless that Rimping Oyster Bar is serving Fine De Claire for 112 baht, it's making quite a profit.

The only thing I came across was Horeca Chiang Mai but that's bulk purchases, prices below:

Fresh:

Fine de Claire
N.1 (TG) 100-150gr./pc.
95.-/pc. (by 50pc./Basket)
Fine de Claire
N.2 (G) 86-110gr./pc.
65.-/pc. (by 50pc./Basket)
Fine de Claire
N.3 (M) 66-85gr./pc.
45.-/pc. (by 50pc./Basket)
Fine de Claire
N.4 (P) 46-65gr./pc.
40.-/pc. (by 50pc./Basket)

Frozen:

Korean Standard Half Shell Oysters
หอยนางรมสด จากเกาหลี
19.-/pc. (by 156pc./Box) M Size Frozen IQF
NZ Pacific Half Shell Oysters
หอยนางรมสดนิวซีแลนด์ จากมหาสมุทรแปซิฟิค
Standard Size 65-75mm
35.-/pc. (by 150pc./Box)
NZ Pacific Half Shell Oysters
หอยนางรมสดนิวซีแลนด์ จากมหาสมุทรแปซิฟิค
Medium 75-90mm
40.-/pc. (by 120pc./Box)

Source:

http://www.horecachiangmai.com/downloads/FoodService%20Mail%20Vol%20007%20Oct-Nov%202013%204email.pdf