Anti-Govt Protesters Flying 'Al Qaeda' Banner

Lite Beer

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO it is inconceivable that they know what Al Qaeda is. Thais generally have no idea what is happening else where in the world. Life starts and begins here in Thailand for most and you have to blame the Government for an overt strategy of keeping the masses uneducated in order to be able to manipulate them for the benefit of the elite and wealthy.

yes here's the anti-government post!

So one flag makes them all Al Qaeda right?

Same thing happened before when one of the protesters at a demo had on a Mao cap complete with red star.

Some Govt minister claimed they were all commies.

Then why put the dam thing up. It just makes them look stupid.

Yellows apologists are encouraged to post (convincing) comments regarding the pure, honest and peaceful motives that pushed these gentle protesters to use the Al Qaeda symbol, while courageously defying Thaksin, the devil in person, and his elected government.

:P

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

So is the US Embassy going to launch a drone attack?

Don't think for a second that they are not aware of this! And possibly already have their own agents in the crowd!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I would think it possible they were a little wrong footed about an al Qaeda flag being flown in central Bangkok, yes.

Robby nz, on 23 Oct 2013 - 11:10, said:snapback.png

So one flag makes them all Al Qaeda right?

Same thing happened before when one of the protesters at a demo had on a Mao cap complete with red star.

Some Govt minister claimed they were all commies.

Then why put the dam thing up. It just makes them look stupid.

How do you know it is a "them" and not one individual silly bugger?

Have the rally organisors approved?

But anyway, I understand they work on a democratic principal where diverse groups and individuals are welcome to participate.

This is not a red rally, red village, red school where red is the only color permitted, where any other opinions or ideas are outlawed.

• Like 1

Khun Abhisit should dump these Democrats or Democrat alliance group pronto

Has he ever claimed them? Are they Democrats?

That's right, there is absolutely no evidence to show they are Democrats.

If Yingluck can say that everything the government does or say's is nothing to do with her (even though she is the prime minister) as rumoured anyway, then why should some rogue demonstrator that probably doesn't even know what Al qaeda is be Abhisit's responsibility?

Why would they? The US is supporting Al Qaeda now. Of course if they aren't really Al Qaeda, then a drone attack might be justified since they can't really go to court over a trademark violation.

Don't think for a second that they are not aware of this! And possibly already have their own agents in the crowd!

I would think it possible they were a little wrong footed about an al Qaeda flag being flown in central Bangkok, yes.

I know that the American security agents are paranoid and a bit stuck in their James Bond world.......but I hope that you don't think that this is honestly the case.

If I was to fly an Al Qaeda flag in our garden, do you think that it would be swarming with armed agents the next morning, with my e-mails and phone calls intercepted and recorded and with 24 hour surveillance on my every move and action for the next couple of decades.

Obviously a moronic thing to do.

I was just wondering, how funny it would be to have one of those protesters come up on stage and start telling the protesters to turn, let's say Issan, into a sea of fire unless they get what they want.

It would very amusing to see the Red Shirt supporters here handling that!

• Like 1

..... with my e-mails and phone calls intercepted and recorded and with 24 hour surveillance on my every move and action for the next couple of decades.

Apparently at the moment you have to be French for that to happen

..... with my e-mails and phone calls intercepted and recorded and with 24 hour surveillance on my every move and action for the next couple of decades.

Apparently at the moment you have to be French for that to happen

I take your point........apparently, Al Qaeda flags are doing a roaring trade at the moment in France so they only have themselves to blame for this invasion into their privacy!!!giggle.gif.

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

I know that the American security agents are paranoid and a bit stuck in their James Bond world.......but I hope that you don't think that this is honestly the case.

If I was to fly an Al Qaeda flag in our garden, do you think that it would be swarming with armed agents the next morning, with my e-mails and phone calls intercepted and recorded and with 24 hour surveillance on my every move and action for the next couple of decades.

If I put one up in my back garden in the UK, I think I would probably face quite a good chance of a visit from the local constabulary. And yes, I really wouldn't be so naive to say with 100% certainty, that if you did fly a flag like that, that your name couldn't be added to a list whereby your phone info and emails were collected.

At the end of the day, a lot of the protestors may be from down South, because PTP and they have never got on. Down South is a virtual civil war. Everyone has tried very hard to deny that Al Qaeda are involved, so that it remains a Thai domestic issue. Then beyond that, it appears that there has never been a serious attempt at terrorism in Bangkok by those from down South.

Then, dada!!!! An Al Qaeda flag in the centre of Bangkok? Where did that come from ? From anti-PTP protests. Hmmm. Now that is a first. So if you think, that the security analysts in the US Embassy, aren't rapidly looking at whatever footage they can get hold of to work out who the hell did this, and that the Thais are rapidly explaining to the US, "oh no, this is just a local issue", then you are a little naive.

This causes another odd can of worms, because, whilst they are running around trying to convict various red's for terrorism for burning down bits of Bangkok, here is a possibly PROVEN terrorist agency being promoted in Bangkok. Great.

• Like 2