Bus Southern bus terminal to Don Mueang?

Taunusianer

http://www.transitbangkok.com/showBestRoute.php?to=Don+Muang+Airport&originSelected=true&from=Southern+Bus+Terminal+%28Sai+Tai+Mai%29&destinationSelected=false〈=en

There probably will be some mini busses too. I estimate a taxi will be about 400 baht\, but never done that ride myself.

Be careful with that site as in the past some of it was out of date - though I note that it now lists the DMK A1 & A2 buses so it has at least been updated sometime this year.

Where is your originating journey from? I ask as if at all possible avoid a bus terminating at The Southern Bus Terminal as it really is far to the west of BKK (almost in Nakhom Pathom province) and one can spend 1-2 hrs travelling to/from there to locations in central BKK depending on traffic conditions.

You might find that other companies offer services to Mo Chit in your originating location?

What is your scheduled arrival time, early morn?

Failing that, get either a bus or van to Victory Monument and then perhaps take the A2 to DMK, http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/653715-airport-bus-to-mo-chit-bus-station-airport-showers/

Pics of the A2 in this thread, http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/583608-shuttle-service-don-mueang-suvarnabhumi-airports-starts-oct-1/page-3#entry6940564

Bank on 1hr into VM and 30-40 mins from there to DMK except if afternoon peak add 30mins to be safe (in which case you could BTS it to Mo Chit then catch either the A1 or A2).

Thanks for your replies. I will arrive from K-buri in the early morining. There are also busses going to mochit, but they 3 instead of 2 hours to sai tai mai. Because I wanna do a short trip to koh kret before I hop on my flight to Ubon, I want to try to save time, and a taxi will be the better opportunitiy for me, if a bus is not available. The other way is, waking up an 1-2 hours earlier, and take the bus to Mochit.

But all news about airport busses from southern bus terminal to DM a further welcome

Thanks

Taunusianer

Thanks for your replies. I will arrive from K-buri in the early morining. There are also busses going to mochit, but they 3 instead of 2 hours to sai tai mai. Because I wanna do a short trip to koh kret before I hop on my flight to Ubon, I want to try to save time, and a taxi will be the better opportunitiy for me, if a bus is not available. The other way is, waking up an 1-2 hours earlier, and take the bus to Mochit.

But all news about airport busses from southern bus terminal to DM a further welcome

Thanks

Taunusianer

Okay, then I definitely recommend that you don't take a bus to the Southern Bus Terminal.

If you are coming from Kanchanaburi then I suggest to take one of the mini vans to VM. Not only will it be quicker than the bus (that bus timings should be more like 3-4hrs) but you save yourself upwards of an hour getting from the bus terminal. (However, if you have a very large case you'd might have a problem)

Then you can catch either the #166 BMTA bus (dark blue aircon) of the #64 mini van which both go from the north-west corner of VM straight onto the expressway and exit at Chaeng Wattana rd, then direct to Pak Kret. Get off at the end just where the Pak Kret pier is and where the rd U-turns. It is then a 5 min walk to the Koh Kret pier. Koh Kret is best seen on a weekend when the market is open.

After your little market sojourn you can then either mini van/bus it from Pak Kret along Chaeng Wattana to Vihavadi or a quick 20 mins taxi ride direct to the airport.

The other more direct and quicker option - but taxi only option - is to go from the Southern Bus Terminal in a taxi directly north to Pak Kret via Ratchapruek rd. This would actually be fairly quick in the morning peak until you hit Chaiya Pruek rd which heads west over the river into Pak Kret (some roads works there as well currently). Probably cost you around 200-220 baht.

Thanks for your reply. But my plans (and my question) was a bit different. I wanna go to DM first to leave my bag. But minibus seems to be a good option to go to the sai tai mai and often you don't have a problem with a big case, when you pay an extra person for the suitcase. Taxi is also my way for DM-KK-DM and 20 minutes sounds good for me.

About a bus sai dtai mai to DM no one seems to know about, so there is probably no bus, but I will check out.

Cheers

Taunusianer

there is also BUS 356 which runs Pak Kret (some start Nonthburi)-along ChWattana-then its a ring, so have to ask which way it goes-marked red or green-; Don MUang-Sapan Mai or reverse-and some even go onward to Rangsit. These look like countrybuses and charge differently from BMTA.

The bus that takes much longer Kan-BKK is in fact the 9908, coming off Sangklaburi and taking the northern route into BKK-but that means it comes pretty close to Pak Kred at the Kae Lai intersection

That bkk-transitsite has been updated with my instructions only for airport connections-the citypart remains incomplete and faulty at parts, as they refused to adapt further. They mainly live from selling apps with the routes as that site for smartphones.

There is NO direct bus nor van Sai Thai-DMK-would not make that much sense either. quickest is 170 along WongSawang into Mochit-avoiding the city, but most roads now clogged up due to skytrain works.

Thanks for your reply. But my plans (and my question) was a bit different. I wanna go to DM first to leave my bag. But minibus seems to be a good option to go to the sai tai mai and often you don't have a problem with a big case, when you pay an extra person for the suitcase. Taxi is also my way for DM-KK-DM and 20 minutes sounds good for me.

About a bus sai dtai mai to DM no one seems to know about, so there is probably no bus, but I will check out.

Cheers

Taunusianer

Okay you didn't make it clear that you wanted to go to DMK & check in, and then go to Koh Kret before returning to DMK. Also, it always pays to give people arrivals times and your departure time so people know the time context. Remember, that 20 mins could be much longer if it is lunch time or after 3pm as traffic is heavy on Chaeng Wattana at those times.

To be honest, if you are still going to the southern bus terminal I would then taxi it north as I explained above straight to Pak Kret. Have a look around and then make your way to DMK. This will save you a good hour back and forth.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a minibus service from Southern bus station to Don Meuang . Have just used the service last week...50 baht and you get dropped adjacent to the railway station , and then use the walkway across the road into the terminal. It took approx. 50 minutes .