Thailand's 2013 export growth: academic says 2%, minister says 4%

webfact

Abhisit lied about his nationality, he lied about his army service, he lied about the army being armed with real ammunition in 2010, he lied about who shot at the the nurses in the first aid tent, he's lied about all number of things. Yet you accept this as perfectly OK even to the point of denying the facts - where is your reference point, or is it just

abhisit and the democrats good, PTP bad?

They both lie - they're politicians. In this case they are politicians being advised by supposed professionals. In my first reply I was countering a lie that the PTP had said that exports would go up 11%.

My second post still hasn't got through to you that those professionals made an erroneous statement and then you come back and say that I am ignoring the fact that the Finance Minister once lied to inspire confidence. Of course I ignore it, it's got nothing to do with the fact that if he didn't come up with the statement in the first place how could it be a reference point for whether he is more likely than his advisor to be correct?

Bearing in mind the advisors historic mistakes in forecasting, the balance swings the way of the Minister in being the one with a correct figure.

And <deleted> has the rice pledging scheme have to do with this, want to add in the burning of Central World, the Blue Diamond "Mystery" as evidence?

The usual 'but Abhisit' off-topic bs is not an argument against or for the statements in the OP & your accusations have the same low standard of argument.

The commerce minister has absolutely no credibility with his lying and covering up the real rice subsidy figures. Ministers don't rely on official figures when they have to make utterances to counter someone else's figures. They - especially PTP - rely on bullshit.

I would put more credibility on Somchai the food vendor's version than the commerce minister.

You prove my point. You regard my statements about Abhisits inability to tell the truth as off topic BS without seeing that it was a crucial point of the argument. Both are politicians . Both lie, well except in this case where you deny that Abhisit had lied about the examples I've given, against all the facts. No wonder you would put more credibility on Somchai the food vendor when you display such a poor ability to differentiate truth from lies.

The only point proven is that you have to introduce totally biased off-topic BS into an argument about export figures. What a pathetic argument to claim that because both are politicians that it is crucial to your argument. Well let's bring Obama or Bush or Blair or Lee Kwan Yu or Screaming Lord Sutch into it - they're all (or were) politicians.

I can easily differentiate between truth and lies and your post contained very little, if any, of the former. You have stated on another thread that you only post facts - you've given the lie to that here. Your 'facts' are nothing but red shirt propaganda and as a PTP/Red shirt supporter I would expect nothing more.

Now, have you anything sensible to offer on the topic?

You know the red shirt cheer squads modus operandi, first try red spin or misdirect, if that fails then blame Abihist and last when all else fails flame the poster.

Abhisit lied about his nationality, he lied about his army service, he lied about the army being armed with real ammunition in 2010, he lied about who shot at the the nurses in the first aid tent, he's lied about all number of things. Yet you accept this as perfectly OK even to the point of denying the facts - where is your reference point, or is it just

They both lie - they're politicians. In this case they are politicians being advised by supposed professionals. In my first reply I was countering a lie that the PTP had said that exports would go up 11%.

My second post still hasn't got through to you that those professionals made an erroneous statement and then you come back and say that I am ignoring the fact that the Finance Minister once lied to inspire confidence. Of course I ignore it, it's got nothing to do with the fact that if he didn't come up with the statement in the first place how could it be a reference point for whether he is more likely than his advisor to be correct?

Bearing in mind the advisors historic mistakes in forecasting, the balance swings the way of the Minister in being the one with a correct figure.

And <deleted> has the rice pledging scheme have to do with this, want to add in the burning of Central World, the Blue Diamond "Mystery" as evidence?

The usual 'but Abhisit' off-topic bs is not an argument against or for the statements in the OP & your accusations have the same low standard of argument.

The commerce minister has absolutely no credibility with his lying and covering up the real rice subsidy figures. Ministers don't rely on official figures when they have to make utterances to counter someone else's figures. They - especially PTP - rely on bullshit.

I would put more credibility on Somchai the food vendor's version than the commerce minister.

You prove my point. You regard my statements about Abhisits inability to tell the truth as off topic BS without seeing that it was a crucial point of the argument. Both are politicians . Both lie, well except in this case where you deny that Abhisit had lied about the examples I've given, against all the facts. No wonder you would put more credibility on Somchai the food vendor when you display such a poor ability to differentiate truth from lies.

The only point proven is that you have to introduce totally biased off-topic BS into an argument about export figures. What a pathetic argument to claim that because both are politicians that it is crucial to your argument. Well let's bring Obama or Bush or Blair or Lee Kwan Yu or Screaming Lord Sutch into it - they're all (or were) politicians.

I can easily differentiate between truth and lies and your post contained very little, if any, of the former. You have stated on another thread that you only post facts - you've given the lie to that here. Your 'facts' are nothing but red shirt propaganda and as a PTP/Red shirt supporter I would expect nothing more.

Now, have you anything sensible to offer on the topic?

How many more times are you going to deny that Abhisit lies and has lied.

"I can easily differentiate between truth and lies and your post contained very little, if any, of the former. Your 'facts' are nothing but red shirt propaganda"

Please point out the lies that you contend that my post contains, please.

What hold does that man have on you, a supposedly rational western male?

How many more times are you going to deny that Abhisit lies and has lied.

"I can easily differentiate between truth and lies and your post contained very little, if any, of the former. Your 'facts' are nothing but red shirt propaganda"

Please point out the lies that you contend that my post contains, please.

What hold does that man have on you, a supposedly rational western male?

1zgarz5.gif.pagespeed.ce.GJfs_tQOQ-.gif

The only irrational poster here is you - I'm not going to get diverted into off topic drivel from someone who doesn't know fact from fiction.

Again, have you anything sensible to say on the topic? Do you even know what the topic is or has your hatred for Abhisit prevented you from any other thoughts?

See my post #18. I wonder why people think that politicians are the experts on everything and ignore the fact that they are advised by supposed professionals in this kind of thing.

You ignore the fact that the finance minister was caught in a lie and said it was ok to lie to inspire confidence. That is the reason why everyone doubts this governments figures. Not to mention how shady they act about the rice scam.

you forgot to mention the tape with "kill me some red-shirts", dear fabby.

In the mean time the economy isn't doing as well as some will have it. figures slightly adjusted, but only downwards. Obviously we need another billions upon billions Baht taxpayer paid projects to stimulate the economy.

BTW was the government too busy with trying to amnesty all (deserving), force reconciliation democratically and be transparent in figure juggling to tell us their 'mid-term achievements'? Luckily the dud cheque issue is from year three and therefor nedn't be covered wink.png