Democrat Deputy Leader threatens to take legal action if amendment bill passes third reading

Lite Beer

Democrat Deputy Leader threatens to take legal action if amendment bill passes third reading

PNPOL561024001000601.jpg

BANGKOK, 24 October 2013 (NNT) - Taworn Senniam, Deputy Leader of the Democrat Party, has threatened to take the case to the constitutional court if the amendment bill passes its third reading. Furthermore, action will be taken if the government tries to crack down on the ongoing demonstrations or detain any of the rally goers.

At the moment, Mr. Taworn sees three possible outcomes: First, if the amendment should pass, he will continue on working; second, he will take the case to the constitutional court as the amendment will offer blank amnesty to all who perpetrated the killings, robbery, and arson that took place, which the state has no right to do so, and third, he will join the current protests to pressure the government to annul the amnesty act.

Mr. Taworn said he would wait until after the verdict of the Preah Vihear Temple dispute was read on November 11. In regard to the Internal Security Act (ISA), he said he would take action against the administration if the government tried to use force or detain any of the demonstrators,

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-10-24 footer_n.gif

The refrees from the Attorney Generals office thru various investigative groups, and finally some of the judge's decisions, that have become public in the past months have illistrated how a adequate designed legal system can be circumvented by a very few so that millions are affected.

Any reference to checks and balances, demoracy, government for the welfare of the people, bring peace to Thailand, dialog is needed, etc by any of those favoring these clapped together "stay out of jail" proposals should be made to serve double the time of those they are assisting. Then while the whole bunch is in jail, seize the total of assets of the individuals and their immediate families, present and past.

Well everyone needs to have a seemly impossible dream.

Push it through dear PTP. I smell a coup in your future.

I think PTP believe they have neutered that threat. They have their own private army of red shirt thugs, plus all the BiB and have been carefully nurturing the army - charming DM now. Not sure they worry about the RTAF and Navy, but clan members and "friends" have been placed in strategic army positions.

Most Thais I know see PTP and the Shins for what they are - but seem to accept it as a forgone conclusion. The ardent reds are so blinkered by their hatred for the hiso elites that they can't see anything else and lap up the PTP bullshit propaganda.

I really think Dr. Thaksin will be back, a "free" man, with all outstanding charges removed, before the end of the year. Then the fun will really start. The 2.2 trillion loan will be pushed through, and I'm sure they've got more clever ideas like the 500 baht enter Thailand fee to fleece foreigners.