Hairdresser

bkkbarnstormer

This is a very good question and I might have an answer for you.

I have been traveling a lot and always found it so difficult to find a decent hair dresser, as most of them are women who believe that because they know how to work on a woman's hair, they are also able to cut a man's hair, which is - I believe - much harder and requires a totally different set of skills!

From my own experience, male hairdressers are usually better at cutting men's hair. Of course there are also very good female hairdressers, and as much untalented male hairdressers as well, but in general my statement is someone true, according to my own experience of course.

I didn't find any good male hairdresser in Pattaya. Most of the "male" hairdressers here are either gay either ladyboy... it matters because they mostly work on women, and short hairs are much more difficult to cut than long hairs, IMO.

I did find a very good female hairdresser who knows what she's doing, and will do exactly what you want. I don't recall her name exactly but she's working in a small hair salon on Soi Buakhao, in front of the Kasikorn Bank and Tesco Lotus Express: http://goo.gl/maps/zLa9H

It costs 150 bahts and she will do an amazing job. I believe she's working only at night, starting 19:00 (7:00 PM). I will go tonight as I also need a haircut. I'll try to remember her name this time in which case I'll let you know ;)