Road Accidents

Mr. Up

I am planning to buy a car and drive around in my beloved LOS. But what to do in case of a road accident? What is the best assurance to have? How to deal with the other party? And most of all: how to deal with the police? Must I contact them or rather not? Is there anyone out there who has some experience on these matters?

I am planning to buy a car and drive around in my beloved LOS. But what to do in case of a road accident? What is the best assurance to have? How to deal with the other party? And most of all: how to deal with the police? Must I contact them or rather not? Is there anyone out there who has some experience on these matters?

The best assurance is insurance. There was a thread running recently regarding what to do when in an accident. The consensus was to contact the insurance agent first and wait until he arrives to deal with the police and other party.

Insurance for sure. And have a Thai driver's license. And make sure that you have a sufficient amount of baht close to your driver's license.