find a metal rack

blossombkk

hi,

i often am participate in bazaars selling handbags and i need rack/s to hang them on it.

i have been buying racks from all different stores like big c, macro and recently a much better quality at specialized local stores.

they always either fall apart or very difficult to ensemble.

now, i decided to make a fairly simple one from metal posts.

my question is: does anybody know where i could find a workshop/factory who could sell me a few of those metal posts?

or maybe an area where i could look around?

thanks for any helpful information.

to arthuwait from my capital letters previous post:

doesn't matter what kind of metal. i would need 2 vertical (round or square), wider ones, and a few horizontal narrower ones so i can insert them in the vertical ones. of course it wider ones should have holes in them.

do you know of any area where there are local stores who have them? wholesalers would usually want to sell bulks.

littered virtually everywhere you will find merchants who sell steel in many different profiles by the length and for a nominal price (sometimes free) will cut to your desired length.

You location if you wish to provide will help narrow down the location of such a place.

littered virtually everywhere you will find merchants who sell steel in many different profiles by the length and for a nominal price (sometimes free) will cut to your desired length.

You location if you wish to provide will help narrow down the location of such a place.

forgot to mention. i live in silom area.

As Spoonman says there are shops everywhere. Myself I'm in Chonburi , just checked to see if the company I use has a Bangkok branch but doesn't. So can't really help.

I think around China town there are lots of shops selling metal and tools that might have what you want.

Wholesalers sell by the length 6100 mm or 4000mm for bar and will sell a single length. The smaller places buy from them and mark the price up. My local friendly one was quoting more then double the price of the wholesaler I use.

It sounds like you want more than a single length and if you don't have the tools will be cheaper to get it made here at a decent supplier/ fabricator.

One great street for any metal stock is close to you if you're in Silom

Point your GPS to 13 44 12.38, 100 30 54.02

A 10 minute walk from MRT Hua Lamphong. Take the exit that says "Chinatown", walk around the corner and take the second bridge across the stinky river. Walk 50 meters and you're in metal central for blocks and blocks. A lot of the shops are closed on Sunday, but enough are open you can find just about anything you'd need, and they'll cut it to length.

You'll probably have to take a tuk-tuk home (God forbid) because taxis probably won't take long pieces and the MRT can be kind of picky about letting you in with long pieces. I've gone in with 2 meter aluminum barstock, but they looked at me real funny.

I would ask one of the vendors at the bazaar where you sell. They use those racks that are specifically made for what you want where one end of the pole is smaller than the other and fits into another one. All of the vendors use them but I've never seen them for sale. The other option is go to a steel shop and have him make what you want.

A 10 minute walk from MRT Hua Lamphong. Take the exit that says "Chinatown", walk around the corner and take the second bridge across the stinky river. Walk 50 meters and you're in metal central for blocks and blocks. A lot of the shops are closed on Sunday, but enough are open you can find just about anything you'd need, and they'll cut it to length.

You'll probably have to take a tuk-tuk home (God forbid) because taxis probably won't take long pieces and the MRT can be kind of picky about letting you in with long pieces. I've gone in with 2 meter aluminum barstock, but they looked at me real funny.

THANK YOU/ GOING THERE RIGHT NOW.

THANK YOU/ GOING THERE RIGHT NOW.

Really all capitals, did you not learn from yesterday ?

There are a few little metal working places along Rama IV, between Tesco and Klong Toei markets. Just purchase the steel piping and various joints and corner sections you need, they'll then cut it to length and put a thread on the ends so you can putt it together / pull it apart.

There are a few little metal working places along Rama IV, between Tesco and Klong Toei markets. Just purchase the steel piping and various joints and corner sections you need, they'll then cut it to length and put a thread on the ends so you can putt it together / pull it apart.

To clarify, you are talking about using 1" water pipe correct ?

i am not sure if 1" will hold heavy weight of handbags. depends if it flexible metal or iron (which is stronger).

but i will be looking for 2 widths. 2 wide ones for the posts (vertical) and 3 narrower ones to insert them horizontally into the posts. also i would need two base structures to put in the posts so it would be stable.

went yesterday to chinatown. all was closed, but now i know where it is.

1" water pipe has a wall thickness of approx 2.5mm, it will be strong enough to hang some hand bags from.

What you are describing Blossombkk will not be an off the shelf item if you want it to interlock (horizontals to verticals). I suggest you looks for a fabrication shop who will not only be able to supply the raw material but also build to suit your requirements.