Time for a Break

GuestHouse

vng, assuming you arent a reincarnation (hmmm ..), I'd suggest that you are dicing with your own demise with 24 posts to your name. The first rule of moderation is that we dont talk about moderation, capiche ?

a whole 24 posts, i venturing the whole entire world. get a life.

he's just ggivin ya a heads up

GH ...actually do wish you luck on your exams....But please while you're in Edinburgh, keep tabs on the price of everything and tell me when you get back that Edinburgh is cheaper than Thailand ....especially after that beer that cost you 3 pounds or the taxi ride you took from/to the airport for 30 pounds (including tip)

Again....sincerely ...Good Luck and enjoy the trip

GH ...actually do wish you luck on your exams....But please while you're in Edinburgh, keep tabs on the price of everything and tell me when you get back that Edinburgh is cheaper than Thailand ....especially after that beer that cost you 3 pounds or the taxi ride you took from/to the airport for 30 pounds (including tip)

I'm sure you noticed already that a taxi ride to the airport in a similar decent limousine like you will get in Edinburgh, including tip, can't be had for 30 pounds in Thailand.

Also the 3 pound pint you will get in Edinburgh, can't be had for that price in Thailand, in fact I think it will be close to double that.

So yes I wait for GH report.

I'm sure you noticed already that a taxi ride to the airport in a similar decent limousine like you will get in Edinburgh, including tip, can't be had for 30 pounds in Thailand.

Also the 3 pound pint you will get in Edinburgh, can't be had for that price in Thailand, in fact I think it will be close to double that.

Quite right you are! Western stuff in Thailand is WAY overpriced....

What price ambiance though?
There's something nice about supping a pint if OSH overlooking a lake in Udon Thani with a home-made pork pie and chips.
There's also something nice about supping a pint of Caffrey's in O'Neill's on Back Wynd in Aberdeen watching Scotland pip Tonga in the RLWC (bit grim in here last Monday though).

• 1 month later...

Good thing you let us all know; make sure you find time to post details of other important stuff like laundry and bowel movements.

After all, you wouldn't want to keep us in the dark!

I'm sure THEY wouldn't. laugh.png They'll be back.

tee hee ......good one dancelotclap2.gif

What price ambiance though?
There's something nice about supping a pint if OSH overlooking a lake in Udon Thani with a home-made pork pie and chips.
There's also something nice about supping a pint of Caffrey's in O'Neill's on Back Wynd in Aberdeen watching Scotland pip Tonga in the RLWC (bit grim in here last Monday though).

It doesn't expunge 80 minutes at Pitoddrie last November though - a dismal experience that in soberer circumstances might have put a dampener on a very pleasant day out. Poor old Princess Anne was spitting feathers, so she was; she's cheered up now, though, after that last Group game in Salford

"Ken whit, Cowboy? Wee Phillip wiz right aboot this thirteen-a-side lark. It's a' right soitis"

Welcome back, GH.

SC

• 3 weeks later...

Term starts again this week, so farewell for now - back to my books I go.

I'll see you all some time the back of June.

Cheerio and good luck with the Studies.

Quite enjoyed to Threads you started over the Christmas Break ... thumbsup.gif

Exams over - I'm back.

So what have I missed? - let me guess.

Foreigners who, having been charged the double 'Farang' price by Swastika wearing Thais, report their experience on TVF to be told by other foreigners that non of us have any right to be offended by whatever Thai people call us, charge us because if we loved Thailand and Thai people non of this would ever happen to us in the first place.

Don't forget the obligatory thread of immigrant Brits to Thailand complaining about immigrants to Britain.

Congrats on getting through the exams, I am sure you blitzed them.

• 7 months later...