D&B Gig (DnB, DrumnBass)

trd42x

Hey, Im heading to Patong Phuket with a big group of friends and Ive been told there's not alot on offer in the way of drum n bass. I love D&B and other dance music and am a DJ soooooo... Im wondering if there are many people who will be in phuket at the same time (4-11 Nov) who'd be interested in hearing some Drum n Bass or similar style music. If theres enough interest I could look into setting up a gig! Im open to suggestion on the tunez as well but I generally spin liquid throwing in a few dirty beats here and there (anything with a party vibe). Ive listed a few artists below to give you more of an idea. Let us know people... either way me and the crew are gonna get loose!!!

LTJ Bukem
DJ Marky
Brookes Brothers
Roni Size
Shockone (im a perth boy)
Subfocus
Chase and Status
Dom and Roland
Wilkinson
Delta Heavy

Hey, Im heading to Patong Phuket with a big group of friends and Ive been told there's not alot on offer in the way of drum n bass. I love D&B and other dance music and am a DJ soooooo... Im wondering if there are many people who will be in phuket at the same time (4-11 Nov) who'd be interested in hearing some Drum n Bass or similar style music. If theres enough interest I could look into setting up a gig! Im open to suggestion on the tunez as well but I generally spin liquid throwing in a few dirty beats here and there (anything with a party vibe). Ive listed a few artists below to give you more of an idea. Let us know people... either way me and the crew are gonna get loose!!!

LTJ Bukem 

DJ Marky

Brookes Brothers

Roni Size

Subfocus

Chase and Status

Dom and Roland

Wilkinson

Delta Heavy

Don't understand much of that, maybe I'm getting old!!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hey, Im heading to Patong Phuket with a big group of friends and Ive been told there's not alot on offer in the way of drum n bass. I love D&B and other dance music and am a DJ soooooo... Im wondering if there are many people who will be in phuket at the same time (4-11 Nov) who'd be interested in hearing some Drum n Bass or similar style music. If theres enough interest I could look into setting up a gig! Im open to suggestion on the tunez as well but I generally spin liquid throwing in a few dirty beats here and there (anything with a party vibe). Ive listed a few artists below to give you more of an idea. Let us know people... either way me and the crew are gonna get loose!!!

LTJ Bukem

DJ Marky

Brookes Brothers

Roni Size

Subfocus

Chase and Status

Dom and Roland

Wilkinson

Delta Heavy

Am a ex club DJ myself and have lived in Thailand 3 years now. Get where ya coming from ya not gonna find what ya looking for will find something of course. As also mentioned ya won't be running any kind of gig unless you had Thais outfront as the face of it :) Leave ya decks at home and come for a holiday enjoy a break ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Drum and Bass? Why don't ya enlighten us all with a few youtube links to what you think are the pinnacle of this genre, which I have never heard of before.

Serious never heard of it?? Ain't my thing but a lot of ppl love it. Get on you tube search drum and bass will soon see ;)

Drum and Bass? Why don't ya enlighten us all with a few youtube links to what you think are the pinnacle of this genre, which I have never heard of before.

Serious never heard of it?? Ain't my thing but a lot of ppl love it. Get on you tube search drum and bass will soon see wink.png

I just checked it out. It sounds like they put a gay meth-head in charge of the elevator music.

• Like 1

Anyway, thanks guys. We live in a world where if you don't ask you don't get. We asked, seems like it won't happen but that's cool. Cheers.

Is why i replied with what i did brother. Leave the decks at home come for a holiday sample the fruits of this crazy ass place ha ha

"I just checked it out. It sounds like they put a gay meth-head in charge of the elevator music."

Quote reminds me of something my father said when the Beatles came out back in 62: "You call that long haired shit music?"

The thing that strikes me about this "drum & bass" (I just listened to a bunch on youtube) is there are plenty of instruments, certainly not just drum & bass.
Much better than some rap that's popular today. (I don't dislike rap music in general, just some of the words.)

Creativity is what's good. In this day and age, you don't have to be a musician to make music.

"I just checked it out. It sounds like they put a gay meth-head in charge of the elevator music."

Quote reminds me of something my father said when the Beatles came out back in 62: "You call that long haired shit music?"

The thing that strikes me about this "drum & bass" (I just listened to a bunch on youtube) is there are plenty of instruments, certainly not just drum & bass.

Much better than some rap that's popular today. (I don't dislike rap music in general, just some of the words.)

Creativity is what's good. In this day and age, you don't have to be a musician to make music.

Just for historical accuracy, the Beatles did not have long hair in 1962. :)

Re: 'Creativity is what's good. In this day and age, you don't have to be a musician to make music.'

Herein lies the problem. One hundred years ago, if you wanted to enjoy music you had to learn how to play an instrument -- unless you were rich enough to (literally) 'pay the piper'.

When I was growing up there was definitely a 'generational bias' as to what constituted good music, but we are losing that along with the loss of musicianship -- and I think it is a great shame.

I suppose it is true that 'in this day and age you don't need to be a musician to make music', but I guess that depends on how you define the word 'music'. Technically speaking, anyone who creates music is a musician, right? But for me 'DnB' is a bit of a stretch.

Anyway, my comment "It sounds like they put a gay meth-head in charge of the elevator music" was off-the-cuff, tongue-in-cheek and based on three minutes of YouTube research -- not exactly a representative sample.

Maybe I am not taking the right drugs.

beatles 1963.htm