Cattareya Condotel Cha am

Bazw57

Does anyone know anything about the Cattareya Condotel (Hotel / Condo) in Cha am?

Anyone stayed there or know someone who has or does?

I just wanted to know if the rooms are ok and if the location is good.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have some friends living there permanently, and it's a nice place..

It's a bit run down due to the mismanagement many years ago, which they are still trying to rectify, another thing is the condo is full of Scandinavians and female university students, which gets picked up every day to school.

Noise wise it's nice an quiet, since located back from the main road, but in nice walking distance from everything, and the soi in front of the condo has shops, restaurants (Nancy's Bistro is nice) and dodgy massage parlor where it has the sign no camera or guns allowed hehe but other than that one shop I find it very pleasant area to be in.

Rooms depends on the owner, some are cheaper than others but also more run down.

Great location as only yards from the beach and shops etc. Rooms are tiny 26 sqm unless a double unit....some have incorporated the balcony into inside area which although makes the room bigger gives no outside area. Great views from higher floors. Corridoors look like cell block H, nice pool and plenty parking. Rent is cheap, as stated many students stay there at 4k a month.

I have been living the Cattareya Condotel for about 2 months now..

I like the place overall, not too loud.. the worst I can think of is people setting fireworks on the beach almost every night.. but to be honest that doesn't bother me.

the condo is a 2 minute walk from the water (if you walk relatively slow) and a 20-25 seconds run.

the rooms are relatively cheap, I pay 6000 for mine

I was shown two rooms when i came here, the first one was on the 9th floor, had a bump in the floor but was relatively nice. the 2nd one was on the 13th floor.. didn't look as nice, the placement was different and they had Doraemon blue sheets on the bed.. so i took the first one :P

my room has aircon, a tv, a 4 foot tall fridge, a closet, a queen bed (i'm not so sure about the size, but its not king), a little round table with two chairs, a nice view on the mountains, the beach, the pool and Golden Beach hah.

so yeah, they have a pool here, it's not very deep. they have a little fitness room downstairs, washers on site, water machine @ 1b per 1.25L approximately..

electricity and water they took a 2000b deposit for it and if it amounts to 1000b then they will charge you 7000 the next month (in my case)

if you have any specific questions you can PM me, I do have pictures too

hope that helps!

Thanks for the detailed info.

Are there any decent beer bars close by?

6000 a month seems quite reasonable I will be interested to have a closer look and I will probably get a room for a couple of nights in mid November.

If your still there I would be happy to buy you a beer and have a chat about Cha am.

I hope to retire in a couple of years so I am looking for somewhere to spend some extended holidays.

Cheers

Baz.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

about the beer bars. I know there is a few little bars on the driveway from Ruamjit (beach street) to the condo (i'd call it a soi but it is not)..

and also near the bus station is the soi where all the bars and the girls are.. my friend brought me there with his motorcycle to annoy me once.

but i am not the best person to ask as I do not drink. so I couldn't tell you if it's cheap or make any comparisons.

I am not so sure if I will still be here in mid november or not.

but IF I am, can totally go to a bar for a chat about anything.

I am quite thinking about packing up and taking the road to Isaan and maybe other countries instead of spending my money living alone in Cha-am

might be the dumbest thing i ever do but I would prefer to discover that on my own ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

sorry for super late reply but i left to travel on the 7th.. i added about 4000kms on my bike before coming back to cha-am early last week.. now i live close to the wednesday market for half the price.. place is simple but nice.. karaoke bars and train station close tho :)

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app