Promenada Grand opening

hellodolly

Yes, it seems some habits (or traditions) are hard to stop. Or is it a form of bureaucracy for bureaucracy sake? I know of some establishments that have spent a small fortune (And big fortunes too) on their official opening, only to close down shortly after due in part to these 'parties'

Crazy stuff.

Havent been to the Promenada yet and from all the posts Ive read will probably leave it for another 5 months till all the vacant shop spaces are full. I suppose though, that the new Central Festival mall will be in full swing by then.... and hopefully with shops that offer more than the usual stuff you find everywhere. wai.gif

Bummer drove past Saturday & saw all the cars parked on the road &

thought oh, Maybe some new stores finally opened? smile.png

On a side note that new place behind airport plaza looks almost done & is more than just

a one shop. Also that new Festival Mall looks to be almost done too?

Sure do have a few places to shop in this town don't we?

Yes, it seems some habits (or traditions) are hard to stop. Or is it a form of bureaucracy for bureaucracy sake? I know of some establishments that have spent a small fortune (And big fortunes too) on their official opening, only to close down shortly after due in part to these 'parties'

Crazy stuff.

Havent been to the Promenada yet and from all the posts Ive read will probably leave it for another 5 months till all the vacant shop spaces are full. I suppose though, that the new Central Festival mall will be in full swing by then.... and hopefully with shops that offer more than the usual stuff you find everywhere. wai.gif

Agree on the formalities.

But the purpose of the post was to see if it had changed. Can't say as though I have seen many recent posts on empty shops. last time I was there was a couple of months ago and they were still working on the out side. From the original proposal a few years ago it was supposed to have a park like area with a stage for what ever performances.

Would suggest that it will be the same in Maya and Central when they open. Haven't been to the one by the Arcade bus station yet but there was a post saying it was going to have an ice rink.

Am actually planing a trip out there soon to have a look around and see if it is done. Now that Duke's is open I can take in a good movie and a a guaranteed good meal. As well as check out the ice rink and park like area.

I do enjoy movies and with the new ones in town and the playing of the same movies I judge them by the comfort of the seats.

I know that the theater in the airport plaza is contending. They actually upgraded there seats and the bathrooms in the last couple of years and the ushers seem to be more friendly. It was embarrassing went there last week and entered the theater and one of the ushers held my arm to help me up the steps. My ambulatory abilities are not what they used to be but not that bad.

Edited by hellodolly

Went a couple of times for what were claimed to be "Grand Openings" and went a couple of other times only to decide that it could be okay except for the CAR PARKING , or LACK OF IT!

Don't expect to go back for a long time and certainly NOT on a Weekend.