validity of Kor Ror 2

It depend upon the immigration office. Some want it to be resent other up to 6 months.

My suggestion is to get a new one. Your wife can get one at any Amphoe for 20 baht. It is a printed copy of info in computer system they sign and date.

For my last annual extension at Chaengwattana I used the same KR2 copy that I had used for the previous year's extension, i.e., without updated stamp from the Amphur. This was accepted without any query by the immigration officer.

If an immigration officer is on the ball a recent one confirms you are still married. I always get one, well Mrs.Trans does. Easy and 20bht. thumbsup.gif

What I found incredibly daft when I went for a M-O visa, they wanted to see my original marriage certificate even though l had an up to date KR 2. Crazy.

That was CW and does not apply to all offices.

My advise is to always to get an up to date one because it could cause another trip to immigration because they changed the rules.

Kor Ror 2 AND Kor Ror 3 must be accepted by the immigration, moreover because they can check the Amphur registration.

If both partners have a Thai ID-number there is no problem at all.

If the foreigner has no Thai ID-number, the administration can be found under the Thai ID-number of the partner.

This copy updating is just pure utter bullying.

The Kor Ror 2 / Kor Ror 3 combination is legal proof of marriage.

If one gets divorced, the KR3 from both partners is taken in.

If not available, one has to go to the police for a report of loss.

So are you suggesting that a person should refuse to obtain an up to date Kor Ror 2 because you consider it bullying.

So you also think that immigration should verify the marriage themselves by contacting the Amphoe instead of asking you for an up to date Kor Ror 2.

Complete nonsense.

• Like 2