Ford Ranger warning light, what does this mean?

WebBangkok

It's like a master caution indicator. Several thing could have triggered it depending on what sensors are in your truck, an improperly tightened fuel cap for example or it could be an engine issue. I assume you have checked your fluid levels to eliminate those.

Best course of action is to take it to the dealer.

I will take it to ford tomorrow....

Wonder how this is going to cost me....

Got to check my brakes too. When the car is cold, if i tap the brakes lightly is brakes really hard like i slammed the breaks on.... This car is pissing me off and its only 1 year old

Hope it's nothing major and should cost you nothing,if the warranty is still in place....you did not do any alterations,did you?

...and the brakes do it first when cold....I got use to it.....but my wife still hits the dash,can't learn to snap the seat belts first biggrin.png

Got to check my brakes too. When the car is cold, if i tap the brakes lightly is brakes really hard like i slammed the breaks on.... This car is pissing me off and its only 1 year old

That Brake Grab i think you will find has nothing to do with engine temp. Ive found many trucks grab on the first apply after starting. Never found out why , they werent mine , but had a few Hot Drinks down the shorts. Anyone know the cause.?.coffee1.gif

just had a look at the manual. it comes on when the hand brake is on if the hand brake is not on it is a brake warning light. I would check the brake oil level and if that's ok go to ford and have them check it out

That Brake Grab i think you will find has nothing to do with engine temp. Ive found many trucks grab on the first apply after starting. Never found out why , they werent mine , but had a few Hot Drinks down the shorts. Anyone know the cause.?.coffee1.gif

The cause is called "brake temperature" and when below operational temperature they can be "grabby".

...so,any news WebB ?

I can't believe there are still people who don't know this is the universally applied symbol to most (all?) makes as the vehicle brake malfunction and handbrake warning lamp.

More about it here: http://www.precisiontune.com/OurServices/WarningLightsDiagnosticServices/DashboardWarningLights.aspx

Look at the post#19...his problem is the one on the left...The Powertrain problem...

When I left mine for a month with a bad battery, the yellow 'Drivetrain Warning' light came on when I started it after fitting a new battery. Even stayed on in subsequent restarts. Read up on the Aussie Ranger forum about disconnecting the new battery for about 20 minutes so the computer could reset and that sorted it.

Like in most cars, the yellow warning isn't solely for drivetrain issues and the Ford mechanics will plug in their code analyser and find out which one (of many) faults is setting the OP's fault light. He did mention in post #9 that he seems to have a 'power' issues when it comes on so could be more serious and the 'computer' is restricting the engine so as not to trash expensive bits?