3D print service (3D printer)

rcpilot

Want to upload my file to a 3D print service here in Chiang Mai and pick up the printed object some days later.

Anyone can point me in the right direction where I can find this service (such as university / printshop / plastic milling service)?

Chiang Mai might not have what you are looking for.

Within Design Co. Ltd.

9 Charoenpratet Rd., Soi 9

A. Muang, Chiang Mai

Tel. 05327 2111

Is a good place for all kinds of graphic design, and they might know if there is a 3D print service in Chiang Mai.

Another possibility is Pattrara Prepress near Chang Puak Gate. Tel. 05321 0816. They're about the best in town for hi-res fine art scans, colour-separations, etc. Most of the printers and graphic designers use them.

Good luck with what you are working on.

http://www.tcdc.or.th

is a wonderful design library for anything visual. there 'might' be people there in the know. if you're interested in visuals on a serious level you'll love this place.

- jerry

That's an excellent resource for graphic design information.

Probably better than the ones I gave rcpilot for finding 3D printers here.

If I had known about it earlier this year it would have saved me a lot of running around when I was in a similar situation.

I wanted to have T-shirts printed from my original designs, but couldn't do it by silk screen. The originals had halftones and shading that could only be done on a Digital to Garment [DTG] inkjet machine. Nowhere to be found in Chiang Mai. I had to have them done in Bangkok [at Chang Anand] with all the extra expense and hassle.

I think 3D printing will require a trip to the Big Mango as well. But I'm not sure.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Homeboy, I am very much hoping that you can send me Chang Anand Contact details. I would like to get about 100 T-Shirts printed with the same design but it involves some intricate shading. If you can also possibly give me some idea of the cost that would be wonderful. Thanks for any help you are able to give me.

The originals had halftones and shading that could only be done on a Digital to Garment [DTG] inkjet machine. Nowhere to be found in Chiang Mai. I had to have them done in Bangkok [at Chang Anand] with all the extra expense ...

I would also be interested in the contact info and an idea on prices

thanks

Hi Homeboy, I am very much hoping that you can send me Chang Anand Contact details. I would like to get about 100 T-Shirts printed with the same design but it involves some intricate shading. If you can also possibly give me some idea of the cost that would be wonderful. Thanks for any help you are able to give me.

In reply to you and BKKdreaming, I must admit that I don't have a whole lot of information on this subject.

Having T-shirts printed from my own designs is a sideline. I'm a graphic artist, into a variety of things, but primarily easel paintings that are usually related to East Asian landscape, traditional life, and culture.

Last year I had several more contemporary designs that I thought would work as T-shirts; but looked all over Chiang Mai without finding a DTG printer.

There are several places in Bangkok. I could recommend Chang Anand Co. Ltd., 140/168, Moo 7, Gatumlon, Sampran. Tel. [66] 081 439 7260 - Ron.

Located near the Puttamonthon Park, across the river in Sampran. Excellent quality work at reasonable prices and good people to deal with.

Maybe in the not too distant future some DTG printer will open a branch in Chiang Mai. But until then, Its got to be Bangkok - along with the expense and aggravation that entails.

Good luck with your projects.

not sure if it happened already but there was a sign and grafic printing trade show at Impact in BKK ,

I went last year and it was very interesting , it was late November

there were a couple Digital to Garment [DTG] inkjet machines there and billboard printers etc

missed it this year as I am in the USA until December

Edited by BKKdreaming

not sure if it happened already but there was a sign and grafic printing trade show at Impact in BKK ,

I went last year and it was very interesting , it was late November

there were a couple Digital to Garment [DTG] inkjet machines there and billboard printers etc

missed it this year as I am in the USA until December

Thanks for that information. I'll go if I possibly can next year.

The state-of-the-art DTG printer at present seems to be the Kornit Breeze DTG. It is to garment printing what the Iris inkjet printer was to Giclee prints for so long.

But the technology is developing so fast that a big trade show like the one you mentioned would be the place to check out the latest models and see what they're capable of doing.

Incidentally, I said there were no DTG printers in Chiang Mai. That's true, but there are a few small shops that print heat-transfer fabric stickers from digital files. The gray scale and color-resolution is very good, but they have a super-glossy look and feel that I don't like. Also, size is limited to A4.

Maybe you could go with that.

Choke dee.