o/a Visa

I have had my o/a visa for almost 3 years now,i do the regular 90 day reports to Immigration,after 2 years here i had to show finances for a new Visa,all sorted,that was last December.Now as my Visa expires Dec 2013 i do not have the required monies in my account this time.

1.Will Immigration ask for me to show finances?

2.If the answer is yes i would need to do a border run to Ranong,correct.My Visa expires 30th December,can i renew it say a few weeks early? any problems there?

3. Would i receive 30 or 60 day extension?

4.If i get this sorted this time around,would i have to show finances each 12 months.

Appreciate any info on this.

You do not have a visa, but an extension of stay. Yes, for a new extension you need to show financials and need to show that every year:

- 800,000 baht in a bank acocunt in Thailand for 3 months

OR

- an income of 65,000 baht (can be from abroad, must be certified by your embassy)

OR

- a combinaiton of money in the bank and yearly income together totaling 800,000 baht.

You can renew opto a month early.

A border run woul only give you a new 15 days or 30 days if you do it by air (also depending on your nationality).

• Like 1

You do not have a OA visa now you have an extension of stay based upon retirement.

You always have to show the financial proof.

It seems your are using the 800K baht in the bank option. Can you show any income by way of an income letter from your embassy. You could use that to make up the shortfall if the two totaled 800K baht.

The only extension you can get is 7 days to leave the country.

A border crossing at Ranong would only give you 15 days.

It would be better to go out for a single entry non-o visa from a nearby embassy or consulate. That would give you a 90 day entry that you could extend if you get your financial proof sorted out.

• Like 1

You do not have a visa, but an extension of stay. Yes, for a new extension you need to show financials and need to show that every year:

- 800,000 baht in a bank acocunt in Thailand for 3 months

OR

- an income of 65,000 baht (can be from abroad, must be certified by your embassy)

OR

- a combinaiton of money in the bank and yearly income together totaling 800,000 baht.

You can renew opto a month early.

A border run woul only give you a new 15 days or 30 days if you do it by air (also depending on your nationality).

Many Thanks for the info.

You do not have a OA visa now you have an extension of stay based upon retirement.

You always have to show the financial proof.

It seems your are using the 800K baht in the bank option. Can you show any income by way of an income letter from your embassy. You could use that to make up the shortfall if the two totaled 800K baht.

The only extension you can get is 7 days to leave the country.

A border crossing at Ranong would only give you 15 days.

It would be better to go out for a single entry non-o visa from a nearby embassy or consulate. That would give you a 90 day entry that you could extend if you get your financial proof sorted out.

Thank you for the quick reply.