Poll regarding How to Discipline for your Child

beachproperty

.the reason I state that is that you must not have read all the posts ....because the original post was hijacked from a "father daughter moment" to a Bad Parent Rant...

Therefore the story that was told was short and DID NOT include all the specific facts that some people inferred correctly (apparently beyond you intellectual level to do the same though as evidenced by your uninformed opinions)....and more specificly when the post was hijacked more facts came out as to the situation which included ...my daughter was never out of my sight when I locked her out....it also included the fact that I tried to talk to her to reason with her like an adult (pretty hard though since I don't speak Thai and my daughter speaks no English....so my wife had to translate...and her English is poor at best)....Other facts are not included but I think enough are there to make and informed opinion....

Well, excuse me, but I always make sure I argue the known facts. If you say that there is more to this story than you initially revealed you shouldn't blame others. Until now it has been completely unknown that the girl was in full sight, in fact I doubt she was since you claim she used the phone. But I will of course not argue against this new surprising and convenient fact. That only leaves you with one count of breaching the law.

But the most amusing is that you refer to making up speculating and fantasising about what was said as being "beyond my intellectual level". Thanks for that, that will generate a lot of laughs around the coffee table on monday morning. But you are right that its the kind of behaviour that's beyond me. Actually, I make sure I don't do that.

So if you don't agree with me go to the post indicated above Hit the "like" button for Kevvy #6 post (he agrees with you)....and thats it....THAT'S what this post was about ....read the first post again....get a clue....apparently though this post has taken on a life of its own for some reason....OK ...

Actually, I think I am fully entitled to make my own decision with regards to what I will do. Really.

Thanks.

• Like 1

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beach property,

I do not understand the dynamics, behind a story that happened at least 7 years ago, as the story stated that all is well with your step daughter and that you now have a great relationship.

I as a father of two Thai step daughters 23 and 16 was extremely lucky that I did not have the issues your found in your situation when you entered your step daughter's world,

Any person would not take kindly to anyone that limited their freedom (as she knew it) but your handling it was the right way at the right time, the ended with the right results..

Again great job.

Cheers:wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

• Like 1

Beachproperty,

Your question was relevant, as we are two father's of Thai daughters, I used the term daughters is that we both have over 8 years of experience in dealing with our "Daughters" every day, day in and day out.

Those that have not had that experience, or only raised their own children, do not have a clue, of the parenting skills needed.

you have adequately stated the facts, and you know you were not wrong as you were able to forge a great relationship with your daughter.

The poster stated to stay on Topic, you are doing precisely that as the topic is a "POLL" you stated your facts and I among others agree with them, and the poster among others disagrees with them. Every body has had more than an ample opportunity to state their preference.

The posters repeated attempts to provoke a response, could be viewed as posting "in a way clearly intended to incite useless argument etc" a violation of Rule #4 (in part) As you made it quite clear that you would no longer respond directly to him!

If you feel the repeated effort are any way abusive to you, the customary response is to hit the report button, and let the Mods decide if it is a violation of Rule #4 or not.

Cheers:wai2.gif

• Like 1

The results so far on TV voting on the "locking out of a child from the home (in this case no more than 15 minutes on any one occasion) is that OK ?"

15 in favor and 5 against.

If you wish to vote or know more go to Christmas in Thailand....My daughter it was originally an Ahhhhh moment described but was hijacked into a good parent - bad parent scenario .....check it out and vote if you like

if you think the discipline chosen was OK hit "like" in the #1 post

If you Think this was wrong hit "like" in the #6 post

• Like 1

The results so far on TV voting on the "locking out of a child from the home (in this case no more than 15 minutes on any one occasion) is that OK ?"

If you wish to vote or know more go to Christmas in Thailand....My daughter it was originally an Ahhhhh moment described but was hijacked into a good parent - bad parent scenario .....check it out and vote if you like

A much better way is to go and vote in the poll that is actually a...poll.

Your "poll" is equipped with a couple of minor flaws:

1. The "poll" was started 28 hours AFTER the post you asked people to "Like" was published. At that point an undisclosed number of posters had already "liked" your post.
  2. The "poll" doesn't state how many of the posters that "liked" your post liked it completely different reasons. For instance, posters may have thought it was a good story with a nice ending, Even I thought so.
  3. Posters could have "liked" either one of the both posts without realising they where part of a "poll" in a separate thread where they were asked to take a stand elsewhere. Ridiculous to say the least.

To be honest, your "poll" is about as accurate and correct as a general election in Zimbabwe. Frankly, to even consider being able to extract some sort of useful information from your "poll" is about as optimistic as if you would fling a Stradivarious to a mountain gorilla in Botswana and expect him to start playing Turkish March by Mozart.

If you're honestly interested in posters opinion you should create a real poll. I have now done it for you.

Edited by Forethat

Congratulations, you proved your point to the posters that mattered, as most simply voted their conscious made a statement and let it go at that, may the better parental discipline prevail and you won by a 3-1 margin.

It was at times a very rough road, but you always took the high road, I commend you for that, Your consideration, affection, firm guidance and parenting skills are only to be admired.

Again great showing, wishing a happy future to your family and yourself.

Cheers:wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

• Like 1

Congratulations, you proved your point to the posters that mattered, as most simply voted their conscious made a statement and let it go at that, may the better parental discipline prevail and you won by a 3-1 margin.

It was at times a very rough road, but you always took the high road, I commend you for that, Your consideration, affection, firm guidance and parenting skills are only to be admired.

Again great showing, wishing a happy future to your family and yourself.

Cheers:wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

Actually, when I see your style of debating I can't stop thinking about this:

Yes! I know how fair you are to deny me the right to vote on your poll, when I voted your system said I had already voted, which I had not voted!

You failed to address my concerns on your thread, only indicates your poll was only for "Saving Face" and is not unbiased.and that it was your intentions to be selective on who you will allow to vote,

Just be man enough to admit it..

Just answer my request on YOUR poll., I will not discuss that with you here, but only on that thread.

Cheers:bah.gif

Edited by kikoman

Yes! I know how fair you are to deny me the right to vote on your poll, when I voted your system said I had already voted, which I had not voted!

You failed to address my concerns on your thread, only indicates your poll was only for "Saving Face" and is not unbiased.and that it was your intentions to be selective on who you will allow to vote,

Just be man enough to admit it..

Just answer my request on YOUR poll., I will not discuss that with you here, but only on that thread.

Cheers:bah.gif

You have voted once and the system will not allow you to vote again. No regular poster other than System Administrators can grant or revoke users permissions to vote in polls.

You have obviously already voted once. I reckon you wanted to vote several times, but democracy doesn't work that way. You understand that, don't you...?