Working in Thailand again -- need condo in Bang Sare area

Hi everybody.

I left Thailand for a couple of years and have taken a job south of Pattaya, so I am back again. I remember thinking that if I come back here to work in that area I would like to live near Bang Sare (Bang Saray?). I am single (for now) so I only need a medium size condo. I looked on the internet for rentals near there but only got those real estate companies that have very high prices for not too much of a condo, so I am hoping that some members might know about a pretty good deal in that area.

Thanks.

Bang Saray at present only has 2 condos. Bang Saray Condominium which rarely become available for rent or Beach Mountain. Beach Mountain starat at about 7k a month for 42 sqm, small pool and gym. Many problems there with management committee but as a tenant not so much your problem. A.D have just started transfers so a few will become available there in the coming months but 26 sqm so you need a double unit which will start appox 12k

You need to come here and see for yourself. I was freaked out yesterday when I drove around the area and saw all the new condos that are being built around here. There was a couple of lots I had always liked in an area that has a bunch of single family homes (not a development) and someone has taken two lots together and are building a 4 story concrete monster there. Should be fun getting around the tiny sois in that area

Give it a few more years and it will be a mini Jomtien

Hi, what is a pretty good deal to you? What's your budget?

Check this link:

http://pattayacondoguide.com/details-for/beach-mountain-6-Condominiums-to-rent-in-Bang-Saray-Pattaya,49638.html

Exactly what the OP is saying 15K a month but not relevant anyway as this isnt Beach Mountain Bang Saray as advertised, its Beach Mountain Jomtien.

Thanks for the information

I wanted to keep the rent under 10K but will go higher if a place seems worth it. I don't really need anything fancy.

I saw some of the websites for the big developments there and was really surprised to see one place with rooms of only about 25-27 sq. meters. I think they were asking for around 900K. I don't need much for a room, but I have a bit of claustrophobia, so I don't think i could live in one that small. (But like one person said here, you get two and knock a wall down, I suppose.) I think the 42 sq meter room would be okay but I will go see one soon. I was hoping to avoid the big new developments and that someone might know of a smaller building that is good value and where I can get my own telephone line.

I will go there soon to look around. Thanks again for the information.