Visa extension question

Simple answer, no.

As a default you can only get only 7 days more from your local immigration dept for a 90 day non immigrant entry - cost is 1,900 THB, use form TM 7.

For anything else you need to apply for an extension of permission to stay and for this you need to prove specific grounds for extension, i.e. marriage, work, study, medical, etc.

Edited by digitalchromakey

Simple answer, no.

As a default you can only get only 7 days more from your local immigration dept for a 90 day non immigrant entry - cost is 1,900 THB, use form TM 7.

For anything else you need to apply for an extension of permission to stay and for this you need to prove specific grounds for extension, i.e. marriage, work, study, medical, etc.

thank you very much for your assistance digital

What was the reason that you received the single entry Non-O? If it was because you are married to a Thai or have a Thai family, you can get a 60 day extension. For any other reason you can only apply and will get 7 days as they will refuse the extension. It has been reported in the past that some offices do not add the 7 days on the end of your current permission to stay, they start it on the day that you apply, so be careful if you intend to use it and do it on the last day of your current permission to stay.

What was the reason that you received the single entry Non-O? If it was because you are married to a Thai or have a Thai family, you can get a 60 day extension. For any other reason you can only apply and will get 7 days as they will refuse the extension. It has been reported in the past that some offices do not add the 7 days on the end of your current permission to stay, they start it on the day that you apply, so be careful if you intend to use it and do it on the last day of your current permission to stay.

well I am married to a thai and we will be going to thailand to visit her family. So if I fill out the visa application purpose as "visit family" and include a copy of my marriage license I should be able to get a 60 day extension?

Yes you can get an extension to visit your wife.

She will need to go with you to immigration. Copies and original of marriage certificate. wife's ID and house book. And copies of your passport photo page, visa and entry/permitted to stay stamp. Also copy of TM6 departure card.

Yes you can get an extension to visit your wife.

She will need to go with you to immigration. Copies and original of marriage certificate. wife's ID and house book. And copies of your passport photo page, visa and entry/permitted to stay stamp. Also copy of TM6 departure card.

we are actually visiting my wifes family as she lives in canada too. but I assume those required documents will be the same in any case? the marriage certificate is a canadian one and in english. does it need translation? the marriage is not registered in thailand.

well I am married to a thai and we will be going to thailand to visit her family. So if I fill out the visa application purpose as "visit family" and include a copy of my marriage license I should be able to get a 60 day extension?

Yes, the purpose is to visit Thai spouse although I never tried that before.

English should be fine for the 60 day extension and for that no local registration would be required.

great! thanks. no border run this year. I shoulda thought of this earlier!!! I had that 7 day thing in my head until I started reading this site and began to suspect that 60 was a possibility.