Nurses apologise for photo with slain Thai officer

webfact

Then you don't get out much. I too have seen lots of pics of smiling Thais pointing at bodies. Maybe you are right and we are all lying...

Yes, I have seen that many times too, but smiling doesn't always mean happy.

Ever seen anyone burst in to laughter at a funeral? I have both here and in the UK, it is a normal and well documented human trait and it is very rarely a sign of happiness, it is an almost uncontrollable pressure valve.

Waving the victory sign around is another matter altogether, that is done with intent.

• Like 1

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It’s a common photographic gesture, usually made by young Thai women snapping casual pictures."

Incorrect. It's a common gesture usually done by Japanese young women and copied by all other Asian nations.

Just wanted to clarify that.

"It’s a common photographic gesture, usually made by young Thai women snapping casual pictures."

Incorrect. It's a common gesture usually done by Japanese young women and copied by all other Asian nations.

Just wanted to clarify that.

Commonly used when having your photo taken next to the body of a dead, murdered infidel.

All I see in that photo is 2 Thai girls in a photo doing what every Thai girl does when the see a camera.

The real question lies in why the photo is being taken in front of a body.

IF the dead body is of a man considered to be a hero then it's just possible that they want their photo taken with him and see this as their last chance.

Of course, for so many people, the fact that they may be of the muslim faith seems to change everything.

The suggestion by many is that they are happy to see this man dead and the photo is a celebration of his death, if that's the case then it's truly disgusting.. however for my mind it's inconceivable that anyone could choose to be a nurse and think that way. The only evidence put forward for that theory is that they are possibly muslim, and it's not evidence at all of their intent.

Actually the person with the camera is the one who needs to be investigated.. show a camera to any Thai girl and they will pose in a similar manner.. if the background seems tasteless then consider that for a nurse it's just their normal workplace.

If they have done no wrong then why are they apologizing?

Oh, the number of times I have seen a picture of smiling Thais pointing at a dead farang and never heard an apology. I guess it all depends on whose ox is getting gored.

Really?

How many times, exactly? Is it a number between zero and one?

I've been here a long time and have never seen such a photo. I'm not saying that such a thing couldn't exist, but if it does exist, how many have you actually seen?

It's best not to use hyperbole - or outright fiction - when maligning an entire people.

Then you don't get out much. I too have seen lots of pics of smiling Thais pointing at bodies. Maybe you are right and we are all lying...

You obviously weren't here long enough to remember the photos of the many corpses of naked farang tourist tsunami victims, men women and children, lined side by side, in Kao Lak taken by some of the Royal Thai Police and literally given to circulate (for mere titillation) amongst the locals here on Phuket, and quite possibly elsewhere, then?

And, no, these photos were certainly NOT for forensic purposesdry.png . Remember where you are.

Edited by jpeg
  • Like 1

When you're young and you work in the "business" guess what? You fool around. Sometimes.

So what?

Respect for the dead, means, respect for the "name and reputation" of the departed. If you knew them.

Not the empty meat they leave behind.

It was just an error of judgement that back fired. They're young for Gosh sakes.

You're all in denial.

When you're young and you work in the "business" guess what? You fool around. Sometimes.

So what?

Respect for the dead, means, respect for the "name and reputation" of the departed. If you knew them.

Not the empty meat they leave behind.

It was just an error of judgement that back fired. They're young for Gosh sakes.

You're all in denial.

Did you look at the Photo, the other two look at least 50 but this is Thailand even the 29 year old red bull guy is still being considered as a young boy and a child who knew not what he was doing because he was so young. 50 plus in Thailand still young adolescents.

• Like 1

You're all in denial.

An error of judgement would mean that they thought about their actions first, if they had considered all the possible actions they could have taken, why did they do this one?

No, they are not young, they are old enough to know better, so why did they do it?

Answer those two questions correctly and you would realise that denial is on their side of the table.

• Like 2

Insisting that the hospital staff were committed to their work, he said the nurses' action stemmed from a lack of awareness of the situation.

What, the situation that the guy was dead, or the situation that their actions would be seen by the public and they would be caught?

You're all in denial.

An error of judgement would mean that they thought about their actions first, if they had considered all the possible actions they could have taken, why did they do this one?

No, they are not young, they are old enough to know better, so why did they do it?

Answer those two questions correctly and you would realise that denial is on their side of the table.

What I love about TV posters is that so many have never ever done anything stupid in their lives.

I sit here in awe and wonder, at the heights from which condemnation reigns on this blog site.

I had no idea I was so stupid until I started reading the ancient wisdoms enshrined here on TV.

Thank you for your guidance . .

and apologies from all us stupid ones.

Like sh.t. Stupid happens.

Where is Forrest Gump when you need him.

You're all in denial.

Indeed, you can choose to have your photo to be taken with a dead person or not. After that you can choose to be respectful or act like a ditzy bitch.

Yes a bad error of judgement. People get fired for errors of judgement everyday.

• Like 1

You're all in denial.

What I love about TV posters is that so many have never ever done anything stupid in their lives.

I'm quite sure they have, it gives you the ability to recognise when others have done it.

However, I would think that most have learned how to stop short of inciting hatred.

Edited by Thaddeus

Must be hard to find nurses to work in that area........ The correct response from the hospital should be firing

on the spot. The Asian V finger thing is something that many Thai girls do to be playful. To many farangs,

the V dates back to WW2, and was used by Churchill to indicate victory in the war. So whether it was used

a playful gesture over a dead soldier, or used a victory symbol over someone they may consider an enemy

to them, either way they need to be terminated.

Am sure other soldiers wounded in that area would be having second thoughts about being treated at that

hospital. Regarding the family of the dead soldier, I cannot even imagine the rage they must feel at this point......