Bug Wars!

MJP

Well, it seems to be that time of year when the cease fire ends and hostilities break out between me and an industrial military complex of insect critters of various taxonomic ranks. Mostly mosquitos but also bugs that look disturbingly like this one . . .

Starship_Troopers.jpg

I have spent the entire night scratching and bleeding and . . . awake. One battle in the ongoing war with evil.

Having deployed a multitude of weapons including artillery, mobile low voltage devices and even chemical weapons against UN sanctions the troops continue to mass at the border for another nightly raid.

So what are your strategies for winning the bug war?

• Like 2

Eat the edible bugs, eliminate those that are not edible!

A few days ago, I saw a documentary about are bugs the answer to future Food shortages, as bug eating is common in Asia and catching on in Latin America, it may be a part of the comprehensive answer to world hunger issues!

Cheers:smile.png

Edited by kikoman
  • Like 1

Eat the edible bugs, eliminate those that are not edible!

A few days ago, I saw a documentary about are bugs the answer to future Food shortages, as bug eating is common in Asia and catching on in Latin America, it may be a part of the comprehensive answer to world hunger issues!

Cheers:smile.png

thats if you dont die from doing so, there was also an article about how eating bugs can kill, would much rather eat normal food and die of old age thanks

Rub soap on the bite it should stop the itching fairly quickly, liquid soap is also good, you can also rub salt or lime on a bite and many use toothpaste.

I run around like a mad man with my electronic bug zapper thingy, thankfully not many.

Wet or dry soap or it doesn't matter?

How about for ant bites, they are much much worse and last much longer.

Thanks!

I do like the vigorous sex strategy...need to convince the wife about that, since the little bastards seems to like my blood helluva lot more than hers. Time to play the sympathy card...again!

Aside from that, I have these auto spray devices, made by Raid I think that give periodic squirts of some kind of Agent Orange into the room. Work a treat

• Like 1

I do like the vigorous sex strategy...need to convince the wife about that, since the little bastards seems to like my blood helluva lot more than hers. Time to play the sympathy card...again!

Aside from that, I have these auto spray devices, made by Raid I think that give periodic squirts of some kind of Agent Orange into the room. Work a treat

Does Marmite work? I mean you either love it or hate it and that must apply to mosquitos too.

Rub soap on the bite it should stop the itching fairly quickly, liquid soap is also good, you can also rub salt or lime on a bite and many use toothpaste.

I run around like a mad man with my electronic bug zapper thingy, thankfully not many.

Wet or dry soap or it doesn't matter?

How about for ant bites, they are much much worse and last much longer.

Thanks!

Just wet a bar of soap and apply or use liquid soap. If the bite is bad try menthol toothpaste, works on small burns as well but has to be spearmint/mint/menthol.

• Like 1

Does Marmite work? I mean you either love it or hate it and that must apply to mosquitos too.

No It doesn't i believe that's an old wives tale - I eat it almost everyday and the little buggers still love me.

The one thing I do use often is Pelle talcum powder with 8.25% DEET around 65 baht and lasts a long time, I mean the container. 8% DEET is good for 3-4 hours of coverage.

No It doesn't i believe that's an old wives tale - I eat it almost everyday and the little buggers still love me.

The one thing I do use often is Pelle talcum powder with 8.25% DEET around 65 baht and lasts a long time, I mean the container. 8% DEET is good for 3-4 hours of coverage.

It's so bad here now I'm considering napalm.

You know, I love the smell of N,N-Diethyl-meta-toluamide in the morning. It's that smell, that insecticide smell. Smells like . . . Victory!

• Like 2

There are no ways to completely eradicate the invasions into our homes of the dreaded 6 and 8 legged creatures.

My philosophy has always been, if something has more than 4 legs, excluding butterflies and ladybirds, than kill it.

Every evening I go around the whole house on a mosquito hunt with the electric sapper and kill them on site.

We never leave foodstuffs out in the open that may attract ants and cockroaches and as for the ants; we place in certain areas the special chalk.

And that’s about all we can do, in what will always be an endless battle against the marauding hordes of insects, the true master species of the planet Earth.