Riding Angry

blackpanda

Angry is just a huge waste of time. As are forum trolls.

I don't think anyone hasn't got mad or upset about the way cars drive while on the road. Even the scooter and big bikes do some stupid things.

No one is trolling anyone we all have our opinions. We all handle our problems in different ways.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Edited by blackpanda
  • Like 1

And if the van had run you down he would not stop. Gee, i dont ride a bike it is bad enough driving a car. Glad you are ok to trll the story

Kevvy

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"And if the van had run you down he would not stop"

How could you possibly know that except in your biased imagination (and I would guess the implication is that you also KNOW that the driver of the van was Thai??).

And, at that point, had the OP been run over, would the van driver stopping or not stopping somehow have made it into a happy or unhappy ending?

It sounds like the O/P was making the point that HE was not driving cautiously because of HIS emotional state ... but let's turn the story around and make an imaginary outcome for which the (presumably Thai) van driver was at fault to make the story comply with our world view.

Yes i think that Kevvy knows the van driver was a Thai, since van driving is a restricted employment, for which there are no work permits.

What nonsense, I owned and drove a van for years here in Chiang Mai. Never needed nor had a work permit.

Lot's of people do lots of things illegal and don't get caught. That doesn't make it suddenly legal.

I know it's very common to flee accident scenes. It is a cowardly act, but remember too that there are valid reasons one can leave the scene of an accident. One is if the person require s immediate medical attention, the other is if they feel their safety is in jeopardy, the latter of which is actually fairly common here as we hear of people often beaten by mobs after causing an accident. I. too, would flee if I felt I was in danger of receiving mob justice.

Everybody knows the justice system doesn't work here and that's why people "leg it" after an accident. "Might is right" "The rich man pays" applies here, so forget "What is fair and reasonable".

I was once advised by a lawyer that it pays to reverse over an seriously injured victim, as you could end up paying for them for the rest of their lives, but certainly don't stop if it not your fault. Not sure I could do that, but hope I never have to.

So now your charge of involuntary manslaughter (a minor crime) is increased to murder. Nice.thumbsup.gif

Angry is just a huge waste of time. As are forum trolls.

I don't think anyone hasn't got mad or upset about the way cars drive while on the road. Even the scooter and big bikes do some stupid things.

No one is trolling anyone we all have our opinions. We all handle our problems in different ways.

If you get angry at least do it about something worth getting angry about.

Road rage is just dumb. People are getting angry about orher people not doing what they expected them to do, never giving a second thought about how the same situation looks like from the others perspective. If they did they would find that mostly it makes sense to the other, and the rest are mistakes that are just innately human. Malicious intent is basically non existent - except for those entering into road rage of course.

Drive in the cabin with one of the red bus drivers once and watch them. They are in traffic all day, they see "crazy" stuff all the time. But they never get angry. If they did they would just not last in this job very long.

Even those Chinese tourists all over town, yeah they are driving really dumb but thats on themselves, yet another thing to watch out for on these roads...

• Like 1

Malicious intent is basically non existent - except for those entering into road rage of course.

Even those Chinese tourists all over town, yeah they are driving really dumb but thats on themselves, yet another thing to watch out for on these roads...

"Malicious intent is basically non-existent'? Where do you get this stuff from? Do you make it up as you go along?

I once had a van try to run me off the road simply because I dared to overtake him. I must have shattered the fragile Thai ego and am therefore to blame.

Chinese tourists drive badly because they're bad drivers and (like the Thais) don't give a shit about other road users. How can it be excused by saying 'that's on them'? What kind of argument is that?

Ridiculous!

yes there's no excuse for dirvers who are putting others in danger intended or unintended and its happening alot car vs bike just because they are looking down at bikes in genereal which is also creating this carelessness. And yes i will also fight back to such idiiots cause this is unacceptable.

Malicious intent is basically non existent - except for those entering into road rage of course.

"Malicious intent is basically non-existent'? Where do you get this stuff from? Do you make it up as you go along?

I once had a van try to run me off the road simply because I dared to overtake him. I must have shattered the fragile Thai ego and am therefore to blame.

Chinese tourists drive badly because they're bad drivers and (like the Thais) don't give a shit about other road users. How can it be excused by saying 'that's on them'? What kind of argument is that?

Ridiculous!

I think there are a few stories similar to yours up around the Chiang Mai way.

I believe in at least one case where a motorcyclist was almost hit by an oncoming vehicle, around a bend on the wrong side of the road - a 'finger' was given - motorist came back and shot him. Maybe someone from up that way can provide more details, but certainly made local news headlines.

My point is, that I completely understand the iron gloves/boots, whatever takes your fancy - but in reality, here in THAILAND it is a death wish.

You never know who you are gonna piss off, way too much potential for craziness.

Just my 2c.

• Like 1

Ridiculous!

This reminds me of a Banksy quote: The grumpier you are, the more <deleted> you meet.

Nice generalization of both Thai and Chinese there, if I may say so. The world is truly against you! It must be a terrible feeling.

• Like 2

If some of you guys haven't figured it yet, they have a different philosophy here when it comes to driving, you have to "go with the flow". This is the 5th country I have lived in and they are different, the quicker you learn how the system works the safer you will be.

Here in Khon Kaen over half of the bikers have no licence, probably half the drivers too and have you seen the driving test here, it is a joke? So it isn't difficult to realise who you are dealing with, "numbties".

You cannot change the system, so adapt,..... or do like I do and swear all the time I am driving/riding, especially at the buggas on their mobile phones..

This reminds me of a Banksy quote: The grumpier you are, the more <deleted> you meet.

Nice generalization of both Thai and Chinese there, if I may say so. The world is truly against you! It must be a terrible feeling.

Banksy!?

You're quoting Banksy?? Right right, now there's a poet!!

You're showing all the usual signs of someone unable to debate or engage in a discussion with those of differing opinions. That is, to attack the poster personally.

If stating the obvious that Thais and Chinese are bad drivers makes me 'grumpy' in your eyes, and that somehow you've managed to work out that I think 'the world is against' me just makes you look a bit silly. Now put down the psychology pocketbook before you really embarrass yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app