Anybody experiences about "Chiang Mai Properties" Company?

Ron2

Asked CMP to rent out my condo once.

A few days later someone called to arrange a photographer.

I said I have a perfect set of 6 photos.

Oh we need 8 we must send the photographer.

Oh said I thinking bull crxp.

Next day the photographer must change appointment.

Eventually he came.

A week or two later I checked the website. Nothing.

After a month CMP called me, could they show someone.

It's rented I said.

Edited by cheeryble
  • Like 1

I am sorry for my late Response. xsorry.gif.pagespeed.ic.HIAcli9fRM.png

Thanks to everybody for all the useful information’s. wai2.gif

Well, I just talk with the staff from “Chiang Mai Properties”. To be honest, that lady she don´t show me that she really would like to sale anythingfacepalm.gif . So, better I will not disturb them anymore. whistling.gif

Houses from “Elite Properties” and “Raintree” is a little bit over my budget. But thank for that. smile.png

I think, finding house on my own would be good if it´s work. But I think I always have to pay the “Farang Price”, not same like thai peoples would paysad.png . I also cannot send my wife to talk with the owner because she don´t have experience with that.facepalm.gif

“Karnkanok” looks nice but everything is in thai language. So, not that easy to understand.blink.png

Anybody know about this:

http://www.chiangmairealestates.com/

Just found today.

To be honest, I don´t know how to do. sad.png

Ron

Ron,

I have bought from Karnkanok and they do a decent job - If you use the google chrome to open the site it will covert the language for you.

cheers

S

I am sorry for my late Response. Posted Image 

Thanks to everybody for all the useful informations. Posted Image

Well, I just talk with the staff from Chiang Mai Properties. To be honest, that lady she don´t show me that she really would like to sale anything:facepalm:  . So, better I will not disturb them anymore. Posted Image

Houses from Elite Properties and Raintree is a little bit over my budget. But thank for that. Posted Image

I think, finding house on my own would be good if it´s work. But I think I always have to pay the Farang Price, not same like thai peoples would pay:( .  I also cannot send my wife to talk with the owner because she don´t have experience with that.Posted Image

Karnkanok looks nice but everything is in thai language. So, not that easy to understand.Posted Image

Anybody know about this:

http://www.chiangmairealestates.com/

Just found today.

To be honest, I don´t know how to do. Posted Image 

Ron

Unfortunately if you want best prices you have to deal with Thai language and Thai only speakers.

Anything in English will be at 'fleecing' prices.

Much repeated from the bar stool.

In reality, just as with any market, there are offerings of various prices, good, ok, bad and terrible deals.

Anyone speaking English will know how stupid foreigners are with their money.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In reality, just as with any market, there are offerings of various prices, good, ok, bad and terrible deals.

I discovered this for myself while house hunting.

Don't assume everyone is like you and sits in bars all day.

Edited by FiftyTwo

Seems that you were unlucky then fiftytwo, but you make a big assumption in suggesting that all non-thai speaking property purchasers have been fleeced - and not all foreigners are stupid with their money.

But then that's the trouble with generalisations based on one person's experience....

Seems that you were unlucky then fiftytwo, but you make a big assumption in suggesting that all non-thai speaking property purchasers have been fleeced - and not all foreigners are stupid with their money.

But then that's the trouble with generalisations based on one person's experience....

I can read and speak Thai, nobody fleeced me, but almost everyone selling tried it.

Edited by FiftyTwo

Thank again to everyone. wai2.gif

@beau Thai

@ mccw

I will have a look on perfecthomes and also buyinchiangmai. thumbsup.gif

@fifty two

In fact i am sure you are right. Deal direct with the owner would be good but unfortunately i can´t speak Thai. And i also can´t send my wife to talk with them.facepalm.gif

@scotinsiam

Karnkanok if i do understand it on the right way they have brand new house it start from about 1,5 Mio THB. Will do contact them. Hope they speak english as well. smile.png

About buy house from any bank (foreclosures)coffee1.gif . I think this way i will have good chance to get trouble with the previous owner? facepalm.gif

Regards

Ron

Funny because I actually don't partake in the booze since years.

The reference is because such sweeping generalisations normally come from those who spew them while half cocked.

But anyway

You have your experience- I don't know, maybe you look especially wealthy or loose with your money.

In my experience, however, speaking a little Thai, not fluently, and I'm not sure it makes any much difference since I am still an obvious falang , I've found good deals at same or under Thai market rates. However maybe it has something to do with my excellent wife, my being only 30 (so the vendors might assume me to be not so loaded like the perception on the older gentlemen), or maybe because we often have our two little boys monkeying along with us which helps to warm the cold business hearts, who knows; whatever it is, the experience is very different to yours though.

I find lots of smiles and wais and a little charming chat certainly helps every situation in Thailand over a standard farang serious and grumpy face.

On hunting- only a few have tried it on, say to increase the price after expression of interest, but simply I haven't bought from them. Other properties list price is too high to start with and I didn't bother to take a look. But some are reasonable price and some will be negotiable on a reasonable list price if in a motivated position such as I outlined earlier, ie bank threatening foreclosure, wanting to move abroad or some other reason to need a quick sale.

(Example we just bought an under market beach front plot off a lady who's husband was having it away with some young gig , so she want a super quick cash sale and to run off with the money before divorce, haha, ""serve him right she said", not my business, but I'll take it at 30% under market, we did complete the deal the very next day down the land office.)

Down south quite a few land owners raised the price after expression of interest, never had it in Chiang Mai though.

You know in the UK for example some properties in a hot market will list one price then invite sealed bids because multiple interests ie they ask more than what was listed.

Also UK and everywhere actually; Some houses are priced optimistically while some more competitively for quick sale.

• Like 1

Ron-

You could take a look at dealfish.co.th

In Thai but can see the prices clear enough and maybe your wife can translate a bit too.

rentinchiamgmai.com is the web of the Perfect homes company btw

• Like 1

@scotinsiam

Thankswai2.gif . Till now, Karnkanok not yet give me a reply. So, i guess they don´t have anybody who can speak English. sad.png

@mccw

Thankwai2.gif . dealfish.co.th they have much choice but, to be honest many from them looks like can´t trustfacepalm.gif . By the way I found a way to translate the webside from thai to Englishsmile.png . I just use google webside translator.Good thing. thumbsup.gif

Regards

Ron

Till now, Karnkanok not yet give me a reply. So, i guess they don´t have anybody who can speak English.

I live in a KKN house, to buy you need to visit the site, go into the office and get the price list.

That's all there is to it, each available plot is priced individually and marked on the plan.

It costs about 20k more than the listed price to move in, if paying cash (water meter, electricity meter, 3 years mooban fees).

Add another 90k if buying using a home loan (70k life insurance, 20k land office fee to register loan)

Each site has it's own sales, they don't cross-market. Nobody speaks English.

Need a translator ....... PM me, I know a very good Thai lady translator, not expensive.

Edited by FiftyTwo

49.85 on incoming TT

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BANGKOKBANK/WEBSERVICES/RATES/Pages/FX_Rates.aspx

And this on a day that the pound is spiking apparently (according to biz insider news app) on the news that BoE says unemployment is falling fast than expected, ie could lead to monetary tightening (load of hot air in my opinion)

But the stock markets getting knocked a bit; which doesn't quite fit or maybe it does in this topsey turvey back to front land we've been living in post crash where good news is bad news coz of the cheap money addictions

The above posts were meant to go in the "gbp to THB" exchange rate thread over in financial forum. Oops

aah -didnt know there was a financial forum. I have had a look around for it but cant find it-help?

The above posts were meant to go in the "gbp to THB" exchange rate thread over in financial forum. Oops

aah -didnt know there was a financial forum. I have had a look around for it but cant find it-help?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/13-jobs-economy-banking-business-investments/

• Like 1

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/13-jobs-economy-banking-business-investments/

Many thanks for the linksmile.png