Found - Great Hardware Store - Jomtien

UncleJ

I discovered what I consider the best hardware store in Thailand.

They have just about everything and will dig and dig and dig thru the enormous stock to find exactly what you need.

This old, family run shop goes the extra mile to please and it's encouraging to see the next generation growing into the business.

Look for the boy genius with the thick glasses. Appears he was raised in this shop and knows everything there is to know...Top notch kid.

Thongchai Trading (no english sign)

On Theprasit Rd. 100 meters or so, west of the PTT gas station.

(Open 7AM - 7 days a week.)

• Like 1

I know the shop, very good, also for electronic components. Abt 30 meters past the gasstation, coming from the Sukhumvit, at the right handside ...

Sounds like the one I use, almost next door to Mityon Yamaha?

Very helpful, speak English and have almost everything.

There are several hardware shops on that street, If your going to recommend one can you please give better directions or upload a photo you didn't even say which side of the road it was on.
all it does is cause confusion and waste peoples time, someone will try to find it and end up at the wrong shop, get ripped off and be pis__d off with you :)

There are several hardware shops on that street, If your going to recommend one can you please give better directions or upload a photo you didn't even say which side of the road it was on.

all it does is cause confusion and waste peoples time, someone will try to find it and end up at the wrong shop, get ripped off and be pis__d off with you smile.png

Horse Hockey.

all it does is cause confusion and waste peoples time, someone will try to find it and end up at the wrong shop, get ripped off and be pis__d off with you smile.png

Learn how to read... A Poster said: "coming down from Suhkimvit it is on the RIGHT SIDE OF THE ROAD".... We will only be pissed off with people who write idiot comments like yours....

We will only be pissed off with people who write idiot comments like yours....

I disagree. There are several hardware shops in this area, and Thongchai is not the first on after the PTT station, so if you don't read Thai you can easily end up at the wrong shop as Media said. wink.png

I personally don't understand why people who give reference to a place do not give at the same time a link to this place on a map...

It takes 10 seconds to get one from Goole Maps par example, like this :

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=tongchai+pattaya&hl=en&ll=12.908512,100.887516&spn=0.002233,0.001947&sll=12.929584,100.916562&sspn=0.284425,0.249252&hq=soi+lengkee&hnear=Pattaya,+Chon+Buri,+Thailand&t=m&z=19&layer=c&cbll=12.908529,100.887096&panoid=kyvfAmZ33TboSWAr0T6ZLg&cbp=12,336.19,,0,-3.58