Recommend a well-stocked pharmacy in Ubon Ratchatani please

SantiSuk

Normally I buy my prescribed respiratory drugs in Bangkok since they are 30% cheaper there than in the pharmacy of the prescribing Ubon Rak hospital in Ubon.

Can't get to Bangkok for a couple of weeks but need some Montelukast ("Singulair"). One of the pharmacies opposite Saphassit Govt Hospital said they were out of stock (another on that road said the typical 'no have'), so what I want may well be available in a another well-stocked non-hospital pharmacy.

Any recommendations? I did google thaivisa.com for prior threads on this popular subject (good pharmacies) but surprisingly none emerged.

Steve, there is a good pharmacy on the road adjacent to the Mun river before you go over the bridge to Warin. Its on the corner opposite a Yamaha motorbike dealer. Mind you the road is a one way road so you would need to find a road to get there. I have used this guy for many years and found him to much cheaper than the private hospital pharmacies. Hope this helps

• Like 1

Hi Steve. One of my customer...um not anymore as not have shop haha, she is a pharmacy wholesaler in Ubon. She has the same product under a different name which is "Singulair" As she is a wholesaler her warehouse is closed today and tomorrow she can give me the price and which outlet you can pick it up from. Hope that helps.

Cheers

• Like 2

Isnt there a Fascinos there.They have got one in Uttradit there should be one there

Yes,in the Tesco Lotus complex,they always seem to have a fair supply of various medicines or can order them in.

Cheers

Yes pretty good many times they will order from BKK and you have it the next day

Thanks for all the recommendations here and the one or two offline ones.

In the end I have not had time to shop around, but managed to get the drug I needed from the pharmacy recommended by Sezzo.

It was indeed well-stocked (I checked availability and price of the other two drugs I use) and prices were only 10-15% more than Bangkok. Maybe over time I can narrow the margin further by checking out other Ubon recommendations on here.

They don't speak English (typical Chinese Thais) as predicted by Ozzy Tony, but pointing the way with an old packet or the name written down would work fine (I speak enough Thai to get the big smiles and "geng", but not enough to have a clue what they say if there is a sub-textsmile.png ).

For posterity, and at a level of detail that tourists might be able to follow, it is indeed on a corner, close to a Yamaha dealer to the east of the narrow entrance of Wat Sri Ubonrat on the southern side of Tha Prommathep. The attached picture (courtesy Google earth) shows the Yamaha dealer and the upper heights of the golden wat entrance - the picture must have been taken from the middle of the road outside the pharmacy. The pharmacy is 0.36 kilometres along Prommathep from the traffic circle on Tha Upparat on the north side of the Mun river Warin-Ubon main bridge, in the Chinese old town. To drive there from Tha Upparat you would, as indicated by Sezzo, have to use Tha Phrommarat to go eastwards then cut one block south onto Prommathep. I think the intersecting road is Tha Luang, but I'm interpreting that from Google Earth and a tourist map so I'm only 90% sure.

post-74421-0-79666400-1384146791_thumb.j

Edited by SantiSuk