30 Day Extension on Tourist Visa

If my 60 day tourist visa runs out on the 21st December and I get the 30 day extension. Whats the latest date I can fly out of Thailand to complete a border run. Just trying to workout exact dates so I can book the flight now. Don't want to overstay.

If my 60 day tourist visa runs out on the 21st December and I get the 30 day extension. Whats the latest date I can fly out of Thailand to complete a border run. Just trying to workout exact dates so I can book the flight now. Don't want to overstay.

About the 19th of January. You don't have to fly out to do it you can also do it by land. Edited by ubonjoe
  • Like 1

About the 19th of January. You don't have to fly out to do it you can also do it by land.

What happens for example if I did overstay for 1 or 2 days due to flight availability etc. Do I just have to pay a fine.

You say you are traveling all over Thailand so how can we answer that? If you mean Phuket a trip to Burma it the closest for visa exempt entry but for a visa a trip to Malaysia/Penang is normal and apply morning and obtain late same day or afternoon next day. Overstay puts you at risk of arrest but at exit would be 500 bath per day fine normally.

You say you are traveling all over Thailand so how can we answer that? If you mean Phuket a trip to Burma it the closest for visa exempt entry but for a visa a trip to Malaysia/Penang is normal and apply morning and obtain late same day or afternoon next day. Overstay puts you at risk of arrest but at exit would be 500 bath per day fine normally.

I should have mentioned whats the best option from Phuket. That's what I meant. I have got a triple entry so just need to exit the country.

OK just one caution that all entries must be made before the expiration date on the visa (which is likely 3 or 6 months from date of issue). You can stay and extend after that date but can not enter for new stay.

Ok Thanks for the info.

For Phuket it would be Ranong by boat to Myanmar.

I was just looking at this via google. It said that you can only get a 15 day extension from Myanmar. This wouldn't effect me if I have got a triple entry visa and is it okay to exit the country at this point with a triple entry visa.

For Phuket it would be Ranong by boat to Myanmar.

I was just looking at this via google. It said that you can only get a 15 day extension from Myanmar. This wouldn't effect me if I have got a triple entry visa and is it okay to exit the country at this point with a triple entry visa.

If you have any visa you get what is allowed on entry from it. The 15 days is what you get if you don't have a visa. Edited by ubonjoe

For Phuket visa runner, The nearest point is Ranong 6 hours bus trip cost 260THB

bus staion to pier about 15min and boat to Myanmar about 20min cost about 100THB

plus entry fee 500THB or $10us total cost about 1,220THB

departing time 6:50 AM from Phuket Bus Station 2 http://goo.gl/maps/Eikmj

or you can choice Visa Run Tour cost 1500-2000THB

Phuket Bus Station 2 has covered motor bike parking 1day cost 30THB

no cover and no security parking is free

The cheapest point is Dannok border Malaysia there are 2 direct buses Phuket to Dannok

departing time is 9:15 AM and 21:15 f from Phuket Bus Station 2 http://goo.gl/maps/Eikmj

cost 430THB morning bus needs about 8 hours night bus needs 7 hours. so,

total cost is only 860THB. Dannok border open 5:00 am, night bus arrive Dannok more

early, For return to Phuket, there are mini van service Dannok to Hat Yai needs 1 hour

cost about 60THB, there are many buses Hat Yai to Phuket cost around 300THB-570THB

needs 7-8 hours

Beast advice is to take the short run to Immigration Office in Phuket and talk to one of the Farang Volunteers, they can give you the most up to date info for that office. I am sure you will be able to extend Visa immediately but remember ......................................TIT