Thailand's whitening creams: Comfortable in your own skin?

webfact

What makes me laugh is in the article it states that all the actors/singers etc on TV are white!

BS they are not, I work in TV and it is all done with creams and lighting, have a look at the same person when they leave the studio, totally different.

Brown people want to be white. White people want to brown. Same same.

Not at all the same and doesn't get more right by repeating this non-sense!

White people want to be TANNED, because it is a fashion statement or (at the max) they think it looks nice and healthy!

Thais (Asians) want to be white, because it is a question of social status!

Not at all the same!

Its sad that many asians try to imitate westerners. In every way culturally, by looks, etc. They have theyr own rich and beautiful backrounds. I always seen the brown thais to be more beautiful than white skinned, and I mean naturally whiter, guess they have some chinese blood in them. On white skin you can more easily spot imperfections anyway, like pimples, scars and also you see blue veins, not beautiful in my books.

Edited by THssii

Brown is beautiful in America. Everyone wants to be tanned multi billion dollar operation!!!

Then why are most actresses and models in America not brown but White? And There is a difference between tan and brown skin.

Its sad that many asians try to imitate westerners. In every way culturally, by looks, etc. They have theyr own rich and beautiful backrounds. I always seen the brown thais to be more beautiful than white skinned, and I mean naturally whiter, guess they have some chinese blood in them. On white skin you can more easily spot imperfections anyway, like pimples, scars and also you see blue veins, not beautiful in my books.

And melanin makes the skin more reactive so any irritation causes the skin to be discolored and uneven. A pimple shows up much darker on their skin. Most scars are light in color and actually blend in with lighter skin tones....and their veins show up on darker skin except it is green. Fair skin is usually more even and that by itself is beautiful in my book.

You can have your preference but most cultures have seen white skin in as more beautiful for thousands of years and it is part of their culture.

I tell my t/g/f I love her coffee coloured skin, falang women lay in the sun to get to the same colour, Thai women should realise we love the brown silky smooth skin they have we don't want the dried up sun damaged skin of the western women

Farang women want sun kissed skin that is peachish, not all want "coffee" colored skin. Plus, you can argue why Farang women tan when there are so many thai, indian, Filipino, etc women who would kill to have the natural Farang ivory skin.

Western women are not tanning as much anymore, their skins are not dried up...but soft luscious white.

Personally I prefer the darker skin & really wouldn't care to know/date anyone that wants to lighten up. They should be thankful they are beautiful and healthy.

I do realize that some see it as culturally demeaning......

many Thai girls do use dose creams look like ghosts dam white skin an dark legs very silly

But not really more silly than in Hollywood where gay men go to clinics for anal bleaching procedures, right after they have come from the tanning salon......and not only gay men probably

What ?? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif rectum-dam near killed em.

What makes me laugh is in the article it states that all the actors/singers etc on TV are white!

BS they are not, I work in TV and it is all done with creams and lighting, have a look at the same person when they leave the studio, totally different.

Make-up and liting but if not remouve make-up -same same.

Personally I prefer the darker skin & really wouldn't care to know/date anyone that wants to lighten up. They should be thankful they are beautiful and healthy.

I do realize that some see it as culturally demeaning......

Skin color does not determine healthy and beauty seeing as people of many colors can be beautiful and healthy but to Asians.....white skin is very beautiful. It is part of their traditions.