Soi 88 Road Leaks

roly

What the hell has happened to Soi 88 over the past few weeks - it's still totally flooded, and is rapidly becoming the worst road in Hua Hin. I assume the drains burst after the recent rains, but there is no sign of any of it being fixed. Appears to be flooded in 4 or 5 different places.

If I was living at Avenue 88 or anywhere along there near the courts, I'd be livid. I now take a different way into town via 112 just to avoid the crap roads (especially after I've just cleaned the CBR lol).

At least they're now doing Soi 94 (finally).

I've noticed this too. There is water running all the way down Soi 88 nearly all the time. I've seen this before on other roads and the result is trenches across the road and potholes as the moving water gradually erodes the pavement. It happens all the time even when there has been no rain in a few days, but the authorities, as usual, don't seem to care.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree ..the road will soon be impassable - there was an attempt to fill a few pot hole a month ago ..a crew dropped some tarmac into the holes and a small lady with plastic bags on her feet trampled it down ..to no great effect as the pot holes returned worse than before ! Surely it is time for the road to be repaired 'properly'!! ..or even an upgrade as there are a lot of projects being built along Soi 88 ..the lorries are no doubt a contributer to the problem.

The same thing, continuous running water is happening on the upper section of Soi 94 on the branch where Yamsaard school is. You now nearly need a high clearance 4 wheel drive truck or SUV to reach the school from the east (city side). Most people are circling around and coming to it from small sois to the west which creates some traffic issues in sois not wide enough for two cars to pass.

Could this be what is called "subsidence"? It can happen slowly, the reduction in elevation over many years, but it has been suggested elsewhere that it can accelerate very deeply and very quickly.. Other countries on the Sunda plate experience this, too. Generally authorities blame it on rain even when there is no rain, and public order is maintained. Chiang Mai, perhaps (?) just north of the plate, might be safe, but there are no guarantees.