Toyota Landcruiser Prado

Iam looking for a Prado but can't find one, do they have them in LOS ? the Landcruiser is to big but the Prado is just perfect.The closest I've seen is the Fortuner.

Any help ?

:o EPG

I have seen a few here in Phuket, so they are here

I used to have one in the middle east - fantastic cars, you could pick them up in the middle east for around $35-40k nothing like the Thai prices - but hey they must protect the Fortuner..........

silly money when the Fortuner is so similar. Current shapes are around 2.5 million used and 3.5-ish new. Nice motors though!!!

Right. Especially when they sell it in Japan at the same price they sell Fortuner in Thailand. FTA with Japan will be signed soon this year which should take effect immediately. Wait for a few years until the progressive drop of import duty on Japanese imports (over 3.0L) will see the price of Lexus and Landcruisers go down.

It will go down at 5% a year, down to 60% in four years. Won't affect prices too much, IMO.

It's the bloody Germans who sell their locally made cars for the price of imported Japanese.

Why do Thais have to pay 60,000 USD for an entry level, stripped down BMW that is not even offered in the US?

Locally made Honda with similar specs cost only 40% of what BMW is asking.

Originally Japan wanted the same 0% import duty as under Australian FTA, but Germans cried foul.

> am looking for a Prado but can't find one, do they have them in LOS ? the Landcruiser is to

> big but the Prado is just perfect.The closest I've seen is the Fortuner.

Hahahahaha... just how 'not close' they are you will see when you compare price tags, and also at the gas station....................... :o

Seriously, Fortuner, Fortuner, Fortuner. A brand new one will be cheaper than a guzzlin' second hand Prado.

CHeers,

Chanchao

It will go down at 5% a year, down to 60% in four years. Won't affect prices too much, IMO.

It's the bloody Germans who sell their locally made cars for the price of imported Japanese.

Why do Thais have to pay 60,000 USD for an entry level, stripped down BMW that is not even offered in the US?

Locally made Honda with similar specs cost only 40% of what BMW is asking.

Originally Japan wanted the same 0% import duty as under Australian FTA, but Germans cried foul.

Thats always been my biggest concern - the lower end BMW's and Benz's are made here thus skirting a lot of the import duties, but they still charge for them as if they are fully imported. However to be fair, certainly compared to a UK model, they have a lot more standard equipment which would otherwise bump up the price in Europe such as Leather seats, Auto box etc etc - but it does make you realise what a rip off they are here in the Thailand.

> am looking for a Prado but can't find one, do they have them in LOS ? the Landcruiser is to

> big but the Prado is just perfect.The closest I've seen is the Fortuner.

Hahahahaha... just how 'not close' they are you will see when you compare price tags, and also at the gas station....................... :o

Seriously, Fortuner, Fortuner, Fortuner. A brand new one will be cheaper than a guzzlin' second hand Prado.

CHeers,

Chanchao

Must be honest i dont see how similar they are - the Prado is a far superior car to the Fortuner - isnt the Fortuner just a fancy Hilux?

But I believe Land Cruiser Prado and Hilux Surf do share the same chassis at least in Japan. Also the exact same 4.0L and 2.7L engines except diesel is not available for Hilux in Japan.

Edited by Nordlys

There's nothing in common between Thai made Toyota Hilix Tiger and Lancruiser. Vigo is still called Hilux, but it's not Lancruiser either.

Somewhere along the way Landcruiser might have shared something with Hilux globally, but there were no Thai equivalents for sure.

4.7l, 275 HP, V8 and five speed auto have never been fitted into any Thai pickups.

This is an old thread already but, just curious if the Fortuner is still so popular :o now that it has been around for some time.

I cannot see the build quality in the Fortuner? But maybe thats just me :D

That's like two Fortuners with the same 2.7l engine.

Five year old Prados are under 1.5 mil, I think. That probably would make sense because they aren't going to depreciate really fast like new cars.

That's like two Fortuners with the same 2.7l engine.

Three Fortuners if for a new Prado!

While Toyota sells Prado in Japan cheaper than they sell Fortuner in Thailand (except for top grade, V6 4.OL models). :o

http://toyota.jp/landcruiserprado/grade/grade/index.html

See far right column for prices of different grades of Prado in Japan. Devide it by 3, you get a Thai Baht figure.

• Like 1